View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
brtnstrns

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I'd keep trying Lockheed. Also Bell Helicopter. There are also a TON of aviation/aerospace companies in Addison. I drive by them all the time. I'll get some names of places if I pass again.
That would be great! I'd love to get some names of smaller companies that aren't as easy to find!

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Honestly, the way I see it, I would rather hire and engineer that still has some to learn but already has people skills and is a book worm when it comes to design. I know a lot of the higher GPA CEs I went to school with that will most likely end up doing strictly research either academically or in the field. To me, someone that is more practical, even if less to offer on the smarts said, is more useful because they can actually think broadly, instead of "this is what I learned in school, so it's the only truth" type mentality. Those types of engineers tend to look to far into the theory, and not in a broad enough perspective.
That's good to know and that's definitely the type of engineer that I am. Most of the guys I studied with and college just did engineering because they were good at math. I did engineering because I've always worked on the things I own by myself and like getting my hands dirty. I wasn't the best at regurgitating information onto a test (I also wasn't horrible - I never got a D or anything, just wasn't a straight A student), but I'm pretty damn good at applying what I learn practically and thinking about design problems with the operator or assembler in mind, since that's how I personally work on my own property.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote