View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #60
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Yea I think so, but the entry and race fees dropped from the previous owners, and the track is very nice... They let you go up to the damn line to watch if you want, which is cool when there isn't anyone there.

I think a gtg race event there or something would be awesome. Set it up Steve Id make sure the vert was runnin for something fun like that, might even run an 11.9 in her.
Man, organizing an event like that is a lot of work and someone always wants to bitch and complain no matter what you do. lol.

I've thought about it before and I've got several ideas. I'd have to talk to some sponsors about prizes and money. There is already some amazing events that take place in Texas - Texas Mile, T.I, Tx2k etc..

Arguably, Texas has some of the fastest street cars in the country. I think there is an opening for another event that is much like the old True Street event from the Fun Ford Weekend events but would have to have MUCH stricter rules to make them all actual street cars rather than race cars in disguise.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote