View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I don't know myself but clint at TS told me they flow better then any heads on the market. I'm sure he will chime in with more details.

Clint Davis

Message flagged

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:16 PM

Most head porters are going to not publish flow numbers because they are next to impossible to duplicate. Just like a dyno they are going to read diffrent based on weather, what kind of machine is used, is it STD, or SAE, ect. Exsample I have a set of heads on my 438ci small ford that Wilson manifolds ported for the previous owner. I bought the heads and the owner gave the me the flow numbers. 380CFM @ 850 lift. Incredible numbers, I had a local machine shop check valve job/ springs ect and for giggles had them flowed the heads. The heads only flowed 320cfm @850 lift 60cfm diffrence. So long story short, I sent heads in and intake (intake for a full port job) and asked them to flow heads. They flowed 376cfm@850 lift. Not all numbers are going to match

I guess the moral of my experience find you a porter you trust and stick with them. So my guy has ported some of the fastest mod motor cars racing today, He has ported over 40 sets of mod heads for my shop and I can tell you his work in fantastic.

Here are some 2012 GT500 heads that he just comepleted for me

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote