Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yes yes another Plano guy but hey, I used to like chevy's! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3325)

Futwa 12-19-2013 10:56 PM

Yes yes another Plano guy but hey, I used to like chevy's!

I live in Plano, I've been on this site for a while and just recently joined the mustang club when I bought a 2011 Sterling Gray Gt 401a M6 with Tech Package. It already has BBK CAI, Eibach pro springs, TSW 20" wheels, and Pypes AB but I am kind of up the air. I have a tendency to let my car adventures snowball out of control and I am either going to finish the suspension on this car then supercharge it or I am going to buy the 2015...but I'll probably still put a tune on it and shocks....and maybe finish the exhaust....gah see what I mean?

I have been into cars for as long as I can remember and my first car was a 1971 Chevelle that ended up with a custom suspension and a Big Block in it. That being said I was a huge Chevy guy all throughout most of my life and sort of blindly pushed Ford aside (except for trucks). I now work at a Ford dealership and own a Ford myself so needless to say I have been converted lol. I got turned on to this forum from a sticker I saw on a mustang that came through our shop and have been reading this forum ever since. I have been out to the Friday meet the last few weeks but the weather seems to be keeping people away. My dealership sponsors track days that I will become increasingly involved and can't wait to meet the community in person. I would like to extend my services to everyone on the board here, if I can help I will help. I will be posting some pictures I think everyone will enjoy very soon..here's a hint....super sna....that is all.

PLASMAN 12-20-2013 12:32 AM

Welcome, which ford dealer you work at?

Grandpa 12-20-2013 02:16 AM

Welcome!

Yes, this is the slow time of year for the Friday night GTG. Come Spring time it will be going again with more people.

Futwa 12-20-2013 09:48 AM

I work at Five Star Ford of Plano, it's right around the corner from the coit and 190 meet. I'll bring a few cool cars out that way when the weather starts to get better and things start to pick up. We also put on a few car shows that the dfw5.0 crowd might be interested in. Thanks for the welcome!

Dominic Toretto 12-20-2013 10:44 AM

Welcome! I'm not particular to any specific manufacturer. I like most things fast be it, Chevy, Ford, Ferrari, Porsche etc. Would love to see the super snake.

-Alex

Grandpa 12-20-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futwa (Post 59327)
I work at Five Star Ford of Plano, it's right around the corner from the coit and 190 meet. I'll bring a few cool cars out that way when the weather starts to get better and things start to pick up. We also put on a few car shows that the dfw5.0 crowd might be interested in. Thanks for the welcome!

Awesome. Please let us know about any shows.

DirtyD 12-20-2013 12:37 PM

Welcome!

We have a few members that deal with your dealership regularly, and of course a lot of us know Cory up there in Sales.

Grandpa 12-20-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 59340)
Welcome!

We have a few members that deal with your dealership regularly, and of course a lot of us know Cory up there in Sales.

Hmmm, I am looking for a 3/4 ton truck. I didn't know we had someone up there.

Futwa 12-20-2013 01:00 PM

Yea Dom I like a bit of it all as well, I will be selling my Chevelle soon and picking up a Grand National since I've always wanted one. That car WILL get out of control very quickly though so I'll need some cash for that. I've seen a few of the dfw5.0 cars roll through here including a particularly awesome looking bronze wheel car from whiteside. Corey is a wealth of knowledge and does a lot for the performance enthusiast at our dealership. He's the one that coordinates our EC track days, Raptor days, and he put on the car show I believe. We are actually heading up to EC this Sunday so take my car out for the first time so let's hope I don't cook the brakes.

Futwa 12-20-2013 01:01 PM

SlowGrey pm me what you're looking for and I'll hook you up with the "Gray Mustang Club" discount.

Grandpa 12-20-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futwa (Post 59342)
Yea Dom I like a bit of it all as well, I will be selling my Chevelle soon and picking up a Grand National since I've always wanted one. That car WILL get out of control very quickly though so I'll need some cash for that. I've seen a few of the dfw5.0 cars roll through here including a particularly awesome looking bronze wheel car from whiteside. Corey is a wealth of knowledge and does a lot for the performance enthusiast at our dealership. He's the one that coordinates our EC track days, Raptor days, and he put on the car show I believe. We are actually heading up to EC this Sunday so take my car out for the first time so let's hope I don't cook the brakes.

Haha, it's easy to do with Grand Nationals. Been there, done that. Anything you want to know just ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futwa (Post 59343)
SlowGrey pm me what you're looking for and I'll hook you up with the "Gray Mustang Club" discount.

Awesome! Thanks. :)

Futwa 12-20-2013 08:45 PM

What was your GN ownership experience like? what sort of stuff did you do to it?

Futwa 12-20-2013 08:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some Super Snake pics.

DirtyD 12-20-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futwa (Post 59373)

Sex.

Dominic Toretto 12-21-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futwa (Post 59373)