Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Which springs have the softer ride BMR or Eibach Pro Kit? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3248)

saunupe1911 12-02-2013 06:14 PM

Which springs have the softer ride BMR or Eibach Pro Kit?

Does anyone know which spring has a softer ride between the BMR and Eibach Pro Kit springs?

Currently I'm riding on Eibach Pro Kit springs and I was wondering if the BMR springs offered a softer ride. I know a few you are on the BMRs

maxpayne 12-02-2013 08:11 PM

I am in a similar boat, except trying to decide between the BMR SP009 springs and the Steeda Ultralites (maybe Sports as well).

From what I have read, BMR springs are some of the softest springs out there.

JDBishopArts 12-02-2013 08:23 PM

Get the H&R Race spring. It has the most comfortable ride on the market.

5-OH 12-02-2013 08:23 PM

Curious to know this as well.

maxpayne 12-02-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 58107)
Get the H&R Race spring. It has the most comfortable ride on the market.

Haha

BERT 12-02-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpayne (Post 58105)
I am in a similar boat, except trying to decide between the BMR SP009 springs and the Steeda Ultralites (maybe Sports as well).

From what I have read, BMR springs are some of the softest springs out there.

Those softer than the K-springs? I'm getting my stuff done next Friday and I'm still torn between the BMR's or K-springs lol

saunupe1911 12-02-2013 11:31 PM

I need to ride on some BMR springs. this purchase will be made soon if they are more comfortable than my Pro Kit springs

toomnymods 12-03-2013 06:00 AM

I've got just about every BMR suspension part on my car and it rides and handles like a dream.. Rides super soft.. just like stock but obviously handles a ton better in the corners :P

maxpayne 12-03-2013 08:32 AM

I pulled the trigger last night on some Steeda Ultralites. Hopefully these match up well with my Koni Str.ts. At the end of day, you just got to try a setup that you think will suit your needs best. You may be right or may have missed the mark. Trial and error.

*Can be an expensive error though. Lol.

Dominic Toretto 12-03-2013 10:36 AM

Kind of difficult to fully determine that a certain spring will be what you like without also know what shocks/struts people are using also.

-Alex

BERT 12-03-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58155)
Kind of difficult to fully determine that a certain spring will be what you like without also know what shocks/struts people are using also.

-Alex

True, hopefully with the D-Specs I can make the ride nice as I want with either spring I choose

JDBishopArts 12-03-2013 11:18 AM

Yeah the Shock/Strut will have a bigger impact on how "soft" a ride is than the spring.

Decide if you want performance or just a drop.

Performance: Eibach Pro-Kit, H&R Race spring, Steeda Sports, Ford Racing P Spring etc
Drop: Eibach Sportlines, H&R SS, Steeda Ultralight, Ford Racing K springs, BMR

Either way you go it'll be noticeably better handling than the stock spring.

DirtyD 12-03-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 58161)
Yeah the Shock/Strut will have a bigger impact on how "soft" a ride is than the spring.

Decide if you want performance or just a drop.

Performance: Eibach Pro-Kit, H&R Race spring, Steeda Sports, Ford Racing P Spring etc
Drop: Eibach Sportlines, H&R SS, Steeda Ultralight, Ford Racing K springs, BMR

Either way you go it'll be noticeably better handling than the stock spring.

I think that BMR can be listed in the the performance category as well. I don't think Kelly would have spent all that time and research he's done to just strictly have a drop spring with no performance value to it.

saunupe1911 12-03-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpayne (Post 58150)
I pulled the trigger last night on some Steeda Ultralites. Hopefully these match up well with my Koni Str.ts. At the end of day, you just got to try a setup that you think will suit your needs best. You may be right or may have missed the mark. Trial and error.

*Can be an expensive error though. Lol.

I don't think Koni streets and Ultralites will be very comfortable since the ultralites are harsher than the sports. And most people compare the sports to the Pro Kit. But it should hug those curves though and that drop will look nasty. I've been riding on Streets for a few years now and I definitely wouldn't pair them with a aggressive spring. It's a mid range damper that's meant to be a stock replacement.

maxpayne 12-03-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 58169)
I don't think Koni streets and Ultralites will be very comfortable since the ultralites are harsher than the sports. And most people compare the sports to the Pro Kit. But it should hug those curves though and that drop will look nasty. I've been riding on Streets for a few years now and I definitely wouldn't pair them with a aggressive spring. It's a mid range damper that's meant to be a stock replacement.

I thought the same thing too; however, many people around the "internet" have suggested that the ultralites are softer than the sports and offer a better daily driver ride? Ugh. IDK.