Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fav Clay Bar Kit (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=480)

Eaglei532 10-08-2012 11:46 PM

Fav Clay Bar Kit

I've used several kits, including a couple kits that include the liquid and some that just included different grains/densities of clay. Just wondering if there is any more experience out there on the best clay bars. Thanks

Grandpa 10-09-2012 12:15 AM

Off the shelf stuff I like the Meguairs kit. It's quality and serves its purpose well. I recently claybared the wife's Mach and it looks really good. :)

Autogeek.com has everything you will ever want to know about detailing and has all the products you could ever want. :)

Eaglei532 10-09-2012 12:31 AM

Nice Steve never been on that site before, gunno go check it out now. I've used Meguairs kit as well and it did well for mine also, in fact i'll be doing my whole car this weekend

OG Fox 10-09-2012 12:57 AM

I recently used the meguiars as well. quality stuff. also smells a little cinammony. pretty nice. make sure you use 100% carnuba wax. its tough work, but well worth it, I haven't had to really wash my car hard in months.

Eaglei532 10-09-2012 01:38 AM

did you do your wax by hand or with an electric doo-dad

Bearded Banger 10-09-2012 08:28 AM

I have used the Meguiars in the past. Good Stuff for sure. I recently purchased Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay and Pinnacle Clay Lubricant through Lethal. It's really good stuff. I felt like I had to knead the clay more often. Can't really say I like one more than the other.
After clay I wash, used Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Followed by Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax. Awesome stuff!

DirtyD 10-09-2012 09:05 AM

Also used the off-the-shelf Meguiar's kit before. I'm not as hardcore into detailing as I thought I'd be in the past, but it still does what I ask of it, and I've clayed both my truck and my car on the same clay bar without any problems.

Grandpa 10-09-2012 01:06 PM

I love detailing my cars. I can spend the whole day out in the driveway just happy as can be only to just back the car back into the garage without going cruising. lol.

The only detail spray I will use is Wizards detail spray. Love it, doesn't streak like most others will.

Dan12GT 10-09-2012 01:13 PM

I used to use a few different off the shelf brands like Meguairs, Turtle Wax, or Mothers a lot. However I was recently introduced to Zaino. I will never use anything else again. Their claybar system is great along with all their other products 100% top top notch. They actually suggest using it with a mixture of water and their high concentrate car wash for claybaring lubrication. I have the easiest time/effort with these products and they last a LONG time.

89gt-stanger 10-09-2012 01:32 PM

Meguiars BLUE clay bar with Optimum No Rinse QD dilution is a winning combination. If you have severe fallout or other bonded contaminants; get tour hands on Megs RED. You will have to polish afterwards as the red clay is so powerful, it will slightly mar some paintwork.

Eaglei532 10-09-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger (Post 6890)
Meguiars BLUE clay bar with Optimum No Rinse QD dilution is a winning combination. If you have severe fallout or other bonded contaminants; get tour hands on Megs RED. You will have to polish afterwards as the red clay is so powerful, it will slightly mar some paintwork.

That sounds a little scary to me, I dont want to clean my car and screw up the paint at the same time!!

Grandpa 10-09-2012 06:01 PM

That red bar is very aggressive. As long as you dont mind doing a good polish on it afterwards you would be okay. In my opinion i dont think its really needed on new paint that has been taken care of well.

Eaglei532 10-09-2012 07:51 PM

well my car was outside at HPP for 3 months, and I havent been home to look at it yet?

OG Fox 10-09-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglei532 (Post 6847)
did you do your wax by hand or with an electric doo-dad

i did all by hand. it was rough. I recommend getting some electric doo dads to help.

Grandpa 10-09-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglei532 (Post 6997)
well my car was outside at HPP for 3 months, and I havent been home to look at it yet?

Oh, you will definetely need to recondition it then.