Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   4 Banger Trolls (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3876)

G-Mann 03-24-2014 10:44 PM

Most of the cars that have rev'd me were other muscle cars just acknowledging that fact and I give them a friendly what's up rev right back. If a civic or any 4 cylinder rev'd me I'd smile and rev their ass's back with my big v8, long tubes and borla exhaust, its a shouting match I can't lose. Don't start nothing won't be nothing is my motto.

Reminds of the very first time I took my pops for a ride in my 5.0, I said I wasn't going to drive fast and the very first red light I came to I got pole position and here comes this 6 cylinder challenger driving a fool and reving his shit. When the light turned he gunned it and I just could not let that shit go. Pops looked over at me and said "car has some get up and go" about 15 seconds later came the ricer fly by

Disturbed 03-25-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Mann (Post 67675)
Most of the cars that have rev'd me were other muscle cars just acknowledging that fact and I give them a friendly what's up rev right back. If a civic or any 4 cylinder rev'd me I'd smile and rev their ass's back with my big v8, long tubes and borla exhaust, its a shouting match I can't lose. Don't start nothing won't be nothing is my motto.

Reminds of the very first time I took my pops for a ride in my 5.0, I said I wasn't going to drive fast and the very first red light I came to I got pole position and here comes this 6 cylinder challenger driving a fool and reving his shit. When the light turned he gunned it and I just could not let that shit go. Pops looked over at me and said "car has some get up and go" about 15 seconds later came the ricer fly by

Yep. This is what I was talking about.

Grandpa 03-25-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Mann (Post 67675)
When the light turned he gunned it and I just could not let that shit go.

My question is, WHY couldn't you let it go? Clearly a 6cyl Challenger is no real challenge, so why bother?

Dominic Toretto 03-25-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67686)
Clearly a 6cyl Challenger is no real challenge, so why bother?

True story. They aren't even competition unless you find one of the $45k 392 SRT8s.

-Alex

kanetrain 03-25-2014 07:42 PM

I get reved at a lot, but I always just accept it as a compliment. I do rev AT people sometimes that are doing stupid things. It's my "horn".

GTOphil 03-25-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed (Post 67682)
Yep. This is what I was talking about.

I know you were, but it's always fun to see a v8 guy get defensive. :)

I raced an Acura TSX the other day because he looked at me and we both knew we were going...I was in the wife's truck though and the guy was a friend. Just having some fun.

MnemonicGhost 03-25-2014 11:00 PM

As a former '93 LX hatchback 2.3l owner, I've been on the "other end" of the rev game way too often. F-bodies would rev at me at a stoplight, and I just turn and shrug. "What do you want me to do?"

Now I've got the '13 5.0l, but don't mess around much on city streets. I do roll my eyes at the POS imports or straight up minivans who do 15+ over the speed limit, but are completely incognito next to my purty and clean deep impact blue stang!

Disturbed 03-26-2014 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost (Post 67744)
As a former '93 LX hatchback 2.3l owner, I've been on the "other end" of the rev game way too often. F-bodies would rev at me at a stoplight, and I just turn and shrug. "What do you want me to do?"

Now I've got the '13 5.0l, but don't mess around much on city streets. I do roll my eyes at the POS imports or straight up minivans who do 15+ over the speed limit, but are completely incognito next to my purty and clean deep impact blue stang!

Careful, you might trolled for saying this :facepalm: