Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When Are You Too Old too... (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2614)

Dominic Toretto 09-03-2013 10:05 PM

When Are You Too Old too...

Play video games? I was thinking about some of the content in video games now and there is no way I would let my child play the games I do. Bioshock as an example is really graphic and realistic. Clearly this was designed for someone over 18 years old and some content is really mature/sexual in nature. I don't play online I limit my nerd skills to just playing the games solo for the story. With the way games are going, I could see myself with an Xbox well into my 40s.

-Alex

MidWest281 09-03-2013 10:56 PM

I don't think you're ever too old to play video games. I personally just opt to do other things with my time.

Dark Pony 09-04-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidWest281 (Post 48371)
I don't think you're ever too old to play video games. I personally just opt to do other things with my time.

Agreed. While I have a PS3 and X Box 360, I end up hardly ever playing them. Then again I have a buddy that's 30 years old, lives at his parents house, smokes pot, still waits tables and plays video games all day. :facepalm:

DirtyD 09-04-2013 08:35 AM

I play every now and again, but haven't played in awhile. While in college still I found the time, but now with work and having the dog, other things will occupy my time.

Grandpa 09-04-2013 08:54 AM

I'm old and I still enjoy playing them when I have the chance. It's cheap entertainment that keeps me from going out and blowing money I don't need to be spending money on.

DirtyD 09-04-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 48387)
I'm old and I still enjoy playing them when I have the chance. It's cheap entertainment that keeps me from going out and blowing money I don't need to be spending money on.

Exactly.

But then I typically end up staying up WAAAAY too late on a week night. :lol:

blownaltered 09-04-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 48389)
Exactly.

But then I typically end up staying up WAAAAY too late on a week night. :lol:

That's why I quit playing during the week. I like video games but don't play that often any more. Now when grand theft auto V hits my table I might break my normal rules so I can play the hell out of it. I know a guy taking off work the day it comes out so he can stay home and play it.

Phuck Phace 09-04-2013 01:11 PM

I only play a few times a year with the release of something big, IE: GTA, Mass Effect...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 48382)
...I have a buddy that's 30 years old, lives at his parents house, smokes pot, still waits tables and plays video games all day. :facepalm:

Hell yeah, that's the life right there.

BlueBolt 09-04-2013 03:04 PM

I don't play as much anymore but I still play NCAA football and call of duty sometimes. Skipped the last COD but plan on playing the next one. If I have free time I usually do something with the wife or try to find something constructive to do.

OG Fox 09-04-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 48365)
Play video games? I was thinking about some of the content in video games now and there is no way I would let my child play the games I do. Bioshock as an example is really graphic and realistic. Clearly this was designed for someone over 18 years old and some content is really mature/sexual in nature. I don't play online I limit my nerd skills to just playing the games solo for the story. With the way games are going, I could see myself with an Xbox well into my 40s.

-Alex

NEVER TOO OLD FOR ANYTHING FOO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...f?t=1378275253

BLK2012GT 09-04-2013 04:02 PM

Lmao