Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Daily Driver Discrimination (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3951)

JDMLOL 04-04-2014 08:52 AM

Daily Driver Discrimination

Does anyone feel as though they are treated differently by their fellow drivers when you are driving your daily? I swear, when I'm in my Volvo I get the impression that EVERYONE has to pass me just because I'm in an old car. Whether I'm doing 75-80 in the fast lane or not everyone goes around me. Prime example: this morning I'm driving along and this ass in a Suburban behind me and I do one of those nearly coordinated lane changes where we change lanes almost at the same time. This jerk basically taps my bumper keeping me in my lane. Then I end up getting in another lane and leaving him. Lol. I'm not sure if it's just my perception or not. In my stang I just drop it in 3rd or 4th and get in any hole that I can safely fit in.

kanetrain 04-04-2014 08:58 AM

My mustang is my daily :happy107: so I get a lot of thumbs up and "nice car!" yells.

DirtyD 04-04-2014 09:29 AM

My Mustang is my daily, atm, so I just drop gears and leave the dipshits that try and mess with me or cut me off in the mornings.

I'm about to pick up a Supercrew, so let's see if that changes. Just need to get me a Ranch Hand....

Klownz 04-04-2014 10:18 AM

lol, get what your saying...my problem is when I'm in the stang nothing like that ever happens.

Grandpa 04-04-2014 11:05 AM

Stop clogging up the flow of traffic in the fast lane. Slower cars move to the right! Lane campers suck! :D

Stone 04-04-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 68756)
My Mustang is my daily, atm, so I just drop gears and leave the dipshits that try and mess with me or cut me off in the mornings.

I'm about to pick up a Supercrew, so let's see if that changes. Just need to get me a Ranch Hand....

People definitely get the hell out of the way when you're in a truck. Lovin it.

PCB 04-04-2014 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1303

Back when I drove this, no one really fucked with me. Ever since it's not the same but in the SRT people moved over, didn't tailgate and definitely never made eye contact.

rriddle3 04-04-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 68753)
...Whether I'm doing 75-80 in the fast lane or not ...

There is no such thing as "the fast lane". It's called the passing lane. If you're not passing, move over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCB (Post 68768)
Attachment 1303Back when I drove this, no one really fucked with me. Ever since it's not the same but in the SRT people moved over, didn't tailgate and definitely never made eye contact.

They saw a 300 on 24s and figured you had a gun and no insurance. :snoopfacepalm:

Grandpa 04-04-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCB (Post 68768)
Attachment 1303

Back when I drove this, no one really fucked with me. Ever since it's not the same but in the SRT people moved over, didn't tailgate and definitely never made eye contact.

They were of being on the receiving end of a drive by.. lol

JDMLOL 04-04-2014 11:49 AM

I was attempting to pass slow traffic in the middle lane. When I'm in the passing lane I am passing cars to my right. If someone is riding my ass I get over and then get back in the passing lane because I usually am passing slower cars to the right...

JDMLOL 04-04-2014 11:50 AM

People just decide that I am some idiot that doesn't drive the speed limit in my 28 year old volvo.

JDMLOL 04-04-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 68772)

They saw a 300 on 24s and figured you had a gun and no insurance. :snoopfacepalm:

Lol.

Klownz 04-04-2014 12:36 PM

:gr_guns::gr_guns::gr_guns::gr_guns:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 68772)
There is no such thing as "the fast lane". It's called the passing lane. If you're not passing, move over.

garner 04-04-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone (Post 68767)
People definitely get the hell out of the way when you're in a truck. Lovin it.

Not down here lol. When I had my ram with a ranch hand they said oh let me cut you off

MnemonicGhost 04-04-2014 11:09 PM

My 2006 Xterra daily driver isn't completely ignored. I drive it pretty "briskly" and you'll know if you're holding me up if you glance at a mirror. I drive 121 from McKinney to Plano every day during rush hour, so I may be a little jaded. Your mileage may vary, but I've noticed a few common stereotypes of drivers and their vehicles:

Trucks are most common to think they are god in the left lane. Domestics most often, the newer and more suburban (lifted 4x4 but pristine bodywork) the worst it is. Tow mirrors or not, they have no idea, clue or care who is behind them. Dodge seem to be the worst offender.

Next are the moms in their minivans, commonly BMW X5 and other luxury mini suvs. I just don't think they know any better, but love to see a cell phone in their hand or their emergency 4 lane change to make their exit!

Next up is folks with Texas Tech logos on their car. I think driving like a jerk is on the entrance exam. Scores multiply if you see any greek letters. Not sure why, but they are almost worst than your BMW/Mercedes crowd.

BMW/Mercedes luxury fleet. Audi owners seem to be exempt, as long as not riced out. While this crowd does drive fast, they will be damned if they ever get out of your way or that of any other common man. Blinker bulbs are pristine and never need replacing since they are never used.