Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   First noise complaint... (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=950)

Dark Pony 01-12-2013 12:30 PM

First noise complaint...

The lady two houses down decides to come over and ask me to quit revving my engine...First off, I don't rev my engine at home. I have a bit more respect for my neighbors than that. I do apologize that my car idles at a high rpm when it's cold, but that's only temporary. "Well can you keep it down?!" Yes, as soon as you find a muzzle, let me know...

:yourself:

Grandpa 01-12-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 15532)
"Well can you keep it down?!" Yes, as soon as you find a muzzle, let me know...

Exactly. As long as you aren't being an asshole driving high RPM down the street then she needs to mind her own damn business. I creep through our neighborhood keeping it down on purpose but there is still one guy down the street who sits outside to smoke who likes to complain about the noise level of my Stangs and my neighbors two V6 Camaros that sound like Hondas.

merlinmol 01-12-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

The lady two houses down decides to come over and ask me to quit revving my engine...First off, I don't rev my engine at home. I have a bit more respect for my neighbors than that. I do apologize that my car idles at a high rpm when it's cold, but that's only temporary. "Well can you keep it down?!" Yes, as soon as you find a muzzle, let me know...

I guess I am lucky, my neighbors at my apartments are really cool about it. They know that I try to keep it as quiet as possible when I have the 'stang. I think it helps that I know all of them and chat with them regularly.

46Tbird 01-12-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Didn't you custom build the loudest exhaust you could for your car?

Dark Pony 01-12-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 15549)
Didn't you custom build the loudest exhaust you could for your car?

I custom built my exhaust, yes. But, to be the loudest I could make it, no...lol. Secondly, the lady that came over to bitch at me, has a son that owns a 4.6 and a G35...

Courtesy Flush 01-12-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 15553)
I custom built my exhaust, yes. But, to be the loudest I could make it, no...lol. Secondly, the lady that came over to bitch at me, has a son that owns a 4.6 and a G35...

To be fair, your exhaust is pretty loud man.

Dark Pony 01-12-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 15554)
To be fair, your exhaust is pretty loud man.

Ya know, my fiancé half way took sides with the neighbor too...

Courtesy Flush 01-12-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 15557)
Ya know, my fiancé half way took sides with the neighbor too...

smart lady.

Dark Pony 01-12-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 15558)
smart lady.

I find it funny how she found the right opportunity to let me know how she felt.

STROKD 01-12-2013 07:28 PM

I've only been yelled at once (the cops were called and showed up in my driveway)... When they left the guy who called them yelled at me for waking his kid up...

To be fair it was 2 in the afternoon on a weekday, but I did start my blown 408 with 2 inch headers that fed a 3.5 inch collector, open headered and revved it a few times. I'm pretty sure it was shaking most of my neighbors couches for a few minutes.:hands:

Joey 01-12-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 15567)
I've only been yelled at once (the cops were called and showed up in my driveway)... When they left the guy who called them yelled at me for waking his kid ps:

happened to me here in TN, per the request of the mayor upon dispatch to my lovely house I gladly fired up my car for him and he said to me ... Oh well your perfectly fine she's gonna have to just deal with it...:fuckyea:

Cliff note: she said I was speeding up and down my street (20mph) revving it at 5am and revving it all day long

Local police actuall set a car in the early am for a few days in a row to see if it was true the cop in informed me .....

blownaltered 01-12-2013 08:48 PM

As loud as my old 01 gt was I never got a complaint from any of my neighbors. I had a guy bitch at an intersection once but that was it.

merlinmol 01-12-2013 09:48 PM

I almost forgot, when I first got back from Vegas/SEMA I brought the car to the office and gave some rides. The first was my boss and I went WOT which pretty much sounds like a race car. When I went to take one of my friends out on the 2nd ride we had a police car follow us the entire trip. He stopped once we got back to the office and said they had complaints. Instead of telling me to not run it hard he asked that I take it to the highway next time :D.... he must have liked the car.

jpgraham65 01-13-2013 12:06 AM

I don't understand how this can happen, I moved here from Iowa and it seems like every pick-up truck here has loud aftermarket exhausts. You guys must have bone shaking exhausts!

Luke 01-13-2013 03:05 AM

Most of my neighbors seem to be retired and they're either deaf or just don't like confrontation. I do my best to keep things quiet but a couple of my cars are pretty loud when starting, that and I have a few friends that show up with loud cars as well. Haven't had a complaint yet.