Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Runway Rivalry (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4144)

DirtyD 05-15-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP (Post 71677)
Exactly. What's expensive on these types of events in the insurance the organizers have to purchase. This year the insurance rate was raised on the Texas Mile, high enough where they had to beg for new sponsors to cover the March event.

That and site rental for the duration of the event is $$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand limiting the number of spectators for a private event such as this, but I think a little higher limit would help.

Junkie 05-15-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 71682)
That and site rental for the duration of the event is $$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand limiting the number of spectators for a private event such as this, but I think a little higher limit would help.

Have you been to the event?

I think a higher limit would suck. Its already crowded in the good spectating spots where its easy to see the entire race.

Grandpa 05-15-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 71683)

:lol::lol:

DirtyD 05-15-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 71683)

I think a higher limit would suck. Its already crowded in the good spectating spots where its easy to see the entire race.

Pretty sure you know the answer to that. However, I'm not saying increase the spectator attendance 10 or 20 fold, but maybe just upping it a little bit, but still within reason. Would give the ability to lower the price of spectating a little lower and garner more interest. I'm just trying to look at this from the business POV, as well as just brain storming. Not trying to tell anyone how to run it.

rlhay2 05-15-2014 09:40 AM

First and foremost:

Unlike the examples cited, The Runway Rivalry and similar events are not intended to be spectator events.

Large crowds in a confined space is just asking for problems. The organizers probably figure this is a simple way to avoid/control that issue.

DirtyD 05-15-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 71691)
First and foremost:

Unlike the examples cited, The Runway Rivalry and similar events are not intended to be spectator events.

Large crowds in a confined space is just asking for problems. The organizers probably figure this is a simple way to avoid/control that issue.

You're right

TrueStreetTim 05-15-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 71691)
First and foremost:

Right. It's a matter of security and the additional measures required to manage the event.

BERT 05-15-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 71676)

Were you invited BTW?

Now, Will, don't get snoody

Junkie 05-15-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 71689)
Pretty sure you know the answer to that. However, I'm not saying increase the spectator attendance 10 or 20 fold, but maybe just upping it a little bit, but still within reason. Would give the ability to lower the price of spectating a little lower and garner more interest. I'm just trying to look at this from the business POV, as well as just brain storming. Not trying to tell anyone how to run it.

But why do that? When the guest spots easily sell now, and they don't have to worry about accommodating more people? Restrooms, food, etc… it all becomes more expensive with more people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 71699)
Now, Will, don't get snoody

lol everyone that knows me personally, knows I'm not a snoody guy. Just being realistic.

Grandpa 05-15-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 71713)
But why do that? When the guest spots easily sell now, and they don't have to worry about accommodating more people? Restrooms, food, etc… it all becomes more expensive with more people.

lol everyone that knows me personally, knows I'm not a snoody guy. Just being realistic.

LOL, agreed on both accounts.

Derek means well, it's just his complete lack of experience in a lot of things tends to show at times. Anything racing related just isn't something he is experienced with at all.

BERT 05-15-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Yes, Will, that's why it's called a joke. Just from the little bit I hung out with you at TI I can tell you're not that way.

I'll be sure to say something smartass to you on Sunday :D

BERT 05-15-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71715)

Derek means well, it's just his complete lack of experience in a lot of things tends to show at times. Anything racing related just isn't something he is experienced with at all.

Don't you have a fence to be building??

Grandpa 05-15-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 71718)
Don't you have a fence to be building??

Unfortunately, yes. Taking a lunch break. Once I finish up my stir fry I'll head back out there.

DirtyD 05-15-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71715)

Really Steve, are you that cenial that you have to always try to work in some jab like that? Honestly, there was no need for that comment in this discussion.

DirtyD 05-15-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

And I get that. I was just looking at it from the outside in as someone that would definitely like to attend something like this, but cost being a factor.

Do they offer press badges? LOL I can take pictures.