Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   No Longer A Coyote Owner (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4616)

DirtyD 09-29-2014 09:41 AM

No Longer A Coyote Owner

Been working out a deal over the last week to sell my car. Because of everything I have going on right now, it was just best to get out from under the payment.

On Friday is was picked up and headed back to Miami to be with it's new owner. It's not wearing on me as much as I thought it would, but it helps knowing that the new owner is an SCCA licensed driver, and that my car will become his racecar to be used at Sebring and other road courses.

Now I have a couple of years to figure out what my next toy will be.

Grandpa 09-29-2014 10:33 AM

It's just a car and there is lots of other cars out there to enjoy as well. On to other things!

DirtyD 09-29-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75139)
It's just a car and there is lots of other cars out there to enjoy as well. On to other things!

being it was my first mustang, still sucks to let go of it. but yes, there will be more

El_Tortuga 09-29-2014 01:19 PM

Ugh.

If you think getting married and buying a house is expensive, wait until you start having kids. They are amazing, wonderful, challenging, and all consuming. See you in about 20 years. ;)

DirtyD 09-29-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga (Post 75147)
Ugh.

If you think getting married and buying a house is expensive, wait until you start having kids. They are amazing, wonderful, challenging, and all consuming. See you in about 20 years. ;)

LOL. Hopefully something cheap will find it's way into my garage before those start popping out.

Grandpa 09-29-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga (Post 75147)
Ugh.

LOL! Kids are expensive, but it doesn't mean you have to give up your passions and hobbies in life. There is always a way, just have to get creative. ;)

Dominic Toretto 09-29-2014 02:59 PM

Man, I have a feeling I will be in the same position soon lol.

-Alex

46Tbird 09-29-2014 04:11 PM

I spoke with an old guy with a 1957 Corvette last week.

He was telling me all about how he bought it in 1960 from a young guy that needed the money for his upcoming wedding.

They crossed paths again ten years later, and apparently the marriage ended up in divorce. He missed the Corvette, but not the wife. ;)

Good luck! :D

DirtyD 09-29-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 75154)
I spoke with an old guy with a 1957 Corvette last week.

He was telling me all about how he bought it in 1960 from a young guy that needed the money for his upcoming wedding.

They crossed paths again ten years later, and apparently the marriage ended up in divorce. He missed the Corvette, but not the wife. ;)

Good luck! :D

I'll take that story with a grain of salt. :p

rriddle3 09-29-2014 05:19 PM

It's been said that every man needs 3 women in his life:
An English housekeeper, an American cook, and a Japanese wife.

Sadly, the best that most of us can get is a Japanese housekeeper, an English cook, and an American wife.

:boxed:

Lucky13 09-29-2014 09:26 PM

I sold my first Harley when my son was born. He's 10 now and I have the 5.0 and a Harley.

Good things come to those who wait!

NAVAG 09-30-2014 03:31 AM

It was when I first got married and had a kid that I had to give up my 88 Fox Body 5.0

Now kids are almost all grown and I'm on my 2nd wife and have another 5.0 to obsess over. More money to spend on it too.

STROKD 09-30-2014 01:44 PM

Marriage has nearly stopped my racing, but i still have the car... just likely wont run a few more years. lmao

Grandpa 09-30-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75177)
Marriage has nearly stopped my racing, but i still have the car... just likely wont run a few more years. lmao

Nearly? It killed your car guy spirit. You're home jerking off, playing with kittens and just trying to piss off your neighbors with that ridiculous stereo!

BERT 10-01-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75183)
Nearly? It killed your car guy spirit. You're home jerking off, playing with kittens and just trying to piss off your neighbors with that ridiculous stereo!

Damn, somebody got called out hard.

Matt, if I'm going to be there Friday night, you need to bring your ass out so I can finally meet the almighty STROKD