Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cars & Coffee January 2014 (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3390)

moostang09 01-07-2014 03:05 AM

Cars & Coffee January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 60418)
I really liked that Mach 1.

It has an 03-04 cobra motor with a kenne bell. The Mach one scoop is held on with a custom bracket to keep it's original look. It even has the cobra 6spd in it. It's a badass ride for sure.

Oh and the car has 20,000 original miles too.

Grandpa 01-07-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLASMAN (Post 60458)
How much?

Around $15k'ish. It's the most gently used Mustang ever in history, I can guarantee that. It hasn't been over 70mph in YEARS. The wife just cruises it, I doubt it even ever gets rev'd over 5krpm. lol I think it's only got something like 78k miles on it. No wrecks or abuse. The car just sits 90% of the time. The only time I ever drive it is up to the corner to put gas in it, other than that I avoid driving it if possible.

Only mods: Flowmaster catback, MGW shifter, O/R X pipe, sportline springs and 18 inch chrome FR500 wheels. I have all the original parts boxed up to go with the car if we were to sell it. It's not officially for sale, but if someone came along with cash she might take it. /shrug.

STROKD 01-07-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstg46 (Post 60421)
Thanks! I own a Mustang and an Infiniti so I definitely appreciate other kinds of cars, but I go to C&C to see/photograph Lambos, Ferrari's, Porsches, other high end cars, or other unique cars.

The lens is a Tamron 10-24mm. Most of the car photos I take are at 10mm.

How do you like the lens overall? Do you use a filter? I want the nikkor 12to24 but its like 1400 bucks. Not sure Id use it enough lol rather get a new body like the d610 or cannon mkv

03MachMe 01-07-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60476)
Around $15k'ish. It's the most gently used Mustang ever in history, I can guarantee that. It hasn't been over 70mph in YEARS. The wife just cruises it, I doubt it even ever gets rev'd over 5krpm. lol I think it's only got something like 78k miles on it. No wrecks or abuse. The car just sits 90% of the time. The only time I ever drive it is up to the corner to put gas in it, other than that I avoid driving it if possible.

Only mods: Flowmaster catback, MGW shifter, O/R X pipe, sportline springs and 18 inch chrome FR500 wheels. I have all the original parts boxed up to go with the car if we were to sell it. It's not officially for sale, but if someone came along with cash she might take it. /shrug.

Damn it Steve why must you temp me like this......

Grandpa 01-07-2014 02:48 PM

If it's nice this weekend I'll pull it out of the garage and take some pics. Not sure how many people here have seen it other than Donnie and Matt.

DirtyD 01-07-2014 03:10 PM

I have a buddy in Florida that might drive down here to buy it.

mstg46 01-07-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 60481)
How do you like the lens overall? Do you use a filter? I want the nikkor 12to24 but its like 1400 bucks. Not sure Id use it enough lol rather get a new body like the d610 or cannon mkv

I like it. It's not as sharp as some other lenses, but at under $500, the price is right. For these I was using a CP filter, but I usually use a Gradient ND filter.

DirtyD 01-07-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstg46 (Post 60511)
I like it. It's not as sharp as some other lenses, but at under $500, the price is right. For these I was using a CP filter, but I usually use a Gradient ND filter.

What level ND?

mstg46 01-07-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 60514)
What level ND?

It's a gradient so it's dark at the top and clear at the bottom. It doesn't have a level like a regular ND filter. I would say it's pretty mild though.

DirtyD 01-07-2014 03:51 PM

Oh. I was just looking up some variable ND filters out of curiousity. When I sold my old lens and camera I sold my ND filters with it. Need to get some more.

STROKD 01-07-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstg46 (Post 60511)

Good info, maybe Ill look into it. Cp filter owns, i use one on every dslr lens i have.

blownaltered 01-07-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60501)
If it's nice this weekend I'll pull it out of the garage and take some pics. Not sure how many people here have seen it other than Donnie and Matt.

It is definitely a nice car. I still see your wife every once in a while on her way to work driving it. Its definitely not a ragged out car

mstg46 01-07-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 60518)
Oh. I was just looking up some variable ND filters out of curiousity. When I sold my old lens and camera I sold my ND filters with it. Need to get some more.

I need to get some good dark ND filters. You can do some cool things with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 60520)
Good info, maybe Ill look into it. Cp filter owns, i use one on every dslr lens i have.

I need to perfect my use of the CP filter. I'm trying to cut down on reflections.

Grandpa 01-07-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60523)
It is definitely a nice car. I still see your wife every once in a while on her way to work driving it. Its definitely not a ragged out car

It's not bad, for a girls car anyways. :yaoface2:

STROKD 01-07-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstg46 (Post 60524)
I need to get some good dark ND filters. You can do some cool things with them.

I need to perfect my use of the CP filter. I'm trying to cut down on reflections.

Yep, I usually leave mine neutral which is about where the words are at 12 oclock on the lens. If its overly hazy Ill adjust or shooting direct into the sun. I got some rainbow shots in Hawaii you couldnt see with the naked eye, was pretty bad ass to see them appear by rotating the filter.