Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   just curious, any game players? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2241)

musclestang89 07-16-2013 01:16 AM

just curious, any game players?

if so what do you play on and what games?

me 360

here lately not much,
but i have
cod bo2

madden 13-- nothing buy crappy connection online

forza4--- always down for some roll races or drag races, i suck at turning corners but i still have fun doing it.

nba jam - old school right there, anyone want to play a game or to let me know.. its the on fire edition.

and i'm really looking forward to the new gta game. havent played them in a few years but this new one i'm really liking the trailers to.

03MachMe 07-16-2013 02:04 AM

I have a ps3 that I mostly use for Netflix and bluray but will play COD from time to time. I also will be getting GTA 5. Used to play the old ones back in the day and will need something to keep me awake on my nights off to get on the right, or wrong depending on how you look at it lol, sleep schedule.

Grandpa 07-16-2013 09:25 AM

GTA5!?!?! Man, I'm out of the loop! I love the GTA series.

I've got the COD and Battlefield games, I just haven't been playing since my gaming time has been replaced with study time. I still hop on COD every now and then for a ew quick games when I can though. I will definitely check out this new GTA game though!

DirtyD 07-16-2013 09:31 AM

I play forza, baseball and football games, also just picked up GTA 4 for 360 brand new for $20! It's been a fun game so far getting back into it.

saunupe1911 07-16-2013 10:27 AM

I've been on Grid 2. Been destroying races with my matte black Boss 302, 67 GT500 (I believe), Focus ST, and Skyline GTR

TrueStreetTim 07-16-2013 11:30 AM

We have an ongoing Forza 4 league that will be going into it's 2nd season in a couple weeks. OGfox is the cat to contact about joining us. Otherwise; there is also the club on Forza you can join though the actual tag slips my mind as I've only recently joined it too.

brtnstrns 07-16-2013 12:23 PM

Xbox 360 here. Just finished Bioshock Infinite most recently. Was playing WarThunder on the PC a bunch before that, but my computer is starting to become a dinosaur (built it in 2006 with only a few mild upgrades since then) so computer games aren't as fun now that it can't really handle them.

Waiting for Battlefield 4 to get released which will probably consume a good amount of hours. And then of course, GTAV - can't wait to see how many fights I get into with my wife about playing that game too much!

musclestang89 07-16-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 40507)
We have an ongoing Forza 4 league that will be going into it's 2nd season in a couple weeks. OGfox is the cat to contact about joining us. Otherwise; there is also the club on Forza you can join though the actual tag slips my mind as I've only recently joined it too.

sweet, im ready in a club right now. we started the dfwmustangs club when the game came out lol. bad thing.about me is.im not very good. I try not to hit people but it happens alot. if anyone races with me I dont want them taking it personal lol. but I race with a few others.that are decent.

TrueStreetTim 07-16-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musclestang89 (Post 40515)
sweet, im ready in a club right now. we started the dfwmustangs club when the game came out lol. bad thing.about me is.im not very good. I try not to hit people but it happens alot. if anyone races with me I dont want them taking it personal lol. but I race with a few others.that are decent.

Lmao, man, it can be difficult for sure. Especially certain tracks. We all do our best and some are better drafters than others. Bottom line is.....we have a ball! Several folks practice the tracks and really gives you a good chance to improve on sticking to guys like glue. We're running the American Iron series right now and most are within 2 seconds of each other which makes it competitive but also keeps the wrecks to a minimum since 1 car isn't ridiculously faster than the other. I'm pretty sure most of us will be running Laguna tonight (myself included).

Afterwards we usually get into some Cat & Mouse to purge those destructive urges lol.

OG Fox 07-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musclestang89 (Post 40485)
if so what do you play on and what games?

me 360

here lately not much,
but i have
cod bo2

madden 13-- nothing buy crappy connection online

forza4--- always down for some roll races or drag races, i suck at turning corners but i still have fun doing it.

nba jam - old school right there, anyone want to play a game or to let me know.. its the on fire edition.

and i'm really looking forward to the new gta game. havent played them in a few years but this new one i'm really liking the trailers to.

We have a forza league and we play every week. some guys play every night. Our main focus is the twisties but we like to have fun too, we play a lot of cat and mouse, and we roll race as well. are you on facebook?

Grandpa 07-16-2013 01:22 PM

I just watched the intro video for GTA5 and holy crap it looks badass! So much to do it's crazy. Lot of time will be wasted on that one. Hopefully they release the multiplayer video soon.

musclestang89 07-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 40520)
We have a forza league and we play every week. some guys play every night. Our main focus is the twisties but we like to have fun too, we play a lot of cat and mouse, and we roll race as well. are you on facebook?

yea i'm on facebook. any certain night you play on ? or does it just change

Lokota 07-16-2013 01:29 PM

I'm calling u out on ur roll races!!! What car do you use?

OG Fox 07-16-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musclestang89 (Post 40524)
yea i'm on facebook. any certain night you play on ? or does it just change

Our league games are every wednesday nights around 10pm, afterwards we play cat and mouse and have fun. We will be moving this to sundays around 7pm though. I'll be on tonight for sure, around 8pm. My GT: Raiden 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokota (Post 40527)
I'm calling u out on ur roll races!!! What car do you use?

anything you want, just name the class. I got an a600 G37 that pulls pretty good. :favorites13:

musclestang89 07-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 40528)
Our league games are every wednesday nights around 10pm, afterwards we play cat and mouse and have fun. We will be moving this to sundays around 7pm though. I'll be on tonight for sure, around 8pm. My GT: Raiden 55

anything you want, just name the class. I got an a600 G37 that pulls pretty good. :favorites13:

i like the sound of sunday nights lol. right nowi work over nights on wed and thurs.

hmmmm roll races yea we have gone through a bunch of cars to see what does good. Even done drag races with starting in 6th gear with high hp cars lol. We always come up with something stupid.

what level are yall on the game?

OG Fox 07-16-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musclestang89 (Post 40529)
i like the sound of sunday nights lol. right nowi work over nights on wed and thurs.

hmmmm roll races yea we have gone through a bunch of cars to see what does good. Even done drag races with starting in 6th gear with high hp cars lol. We always come up with something stupid.

what level are yall on the game?

I think i just hit 102, some of the other guys are lower ranks as they have just started playing. Juco is in the 130s I think.

musclestang89 07-16-2013 02:09 PM

im a level 162 and I still suck lol. have about 5.7 million and a crap load of cars.

RedRedemption 07-16-2013 07:02 PM

Play some COD bops2 on 360. No one really plays anymore tho. Have been trying to find something new while I have the summers off....

blyndPyro 08-02-2013 10:56 AM

I was just wondering this topic myself. Born and bred into a gaming family, gone as nerdy as tabletop up to console and PC gaming. Lately it's been the latest Tomb Raider on PC, and though I'm on ultra graphics, my rig is definitely heaving every now and then (amd phenom 1100t, radeon 6950 x2, 8gb ram). Still, BADASS game :)

Grandpa 08-02-2013 11:02 AM

I'm looking forward to the new releases of GTA V and COD Ghosts. Not sure if I will get Battlefield 4 or not.

blyndPyro 08-02-2013 11:04 AM

yeah, i've had my eye on GTA V ever since I first heard about it over a year ago...

OG Fox 08-02-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 42867)
I'm looking forward to the new releases of GTA V and COD Ghosts. Not sure if I will get Battlefield 4 or not.

battlefield takes skill, so no you won't be getting it.

Grandpa 08-02-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 42949)

You should stick to the dick talk, since dick is all you seem to know about.

Grandpa 08-02-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 42949)

I'll play you 1 vs 1 on COD or BF3 anytime too. :)

musclestang89 08-02-2013 09:22 PM

yep bring on the new gta. Im more excited about gta than cod. but also really looki.g foward to to the new forza to.

so whats up with our forza players? did yall switch to sunday?

DeddRekoning 08-04-2013 08:24 PM

anybody getting on Forza tonight?

OG Fox 08-05-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 42953)
I'll play you 1 vs 1 on COD or BF3 anytime too. :)

lol let me know next time you get on bf3. its not a 1v1 kinda game. but im sure you knew that.

Rydawg1 08-05-2013 07:59 AM

PC gamer here, pretty much any FPS. I have most of the COD series and recently picked up COD MW3 on steam the other week. But UT, Q3, CS Source and Team Fortess. Steam Handle "TX_Rydawg" if you're on there.

re-rx7 08-05-2013 09:19 AM

MW3 all day. I duuno wh, I just like it.
Gamertag: TailoredFool365

Grandpa 08-05-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeddRekoning (Post 43093)

No Forza here. The racing games don't seem to keep my attention real long because they tend to be really repetitive. I might like them more too if I had a steering wheel rather than the normal controller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 43118)
lol let me know next time you get on bf3. its not a 1v1 kinda game. but im sure you knew that.

Yup. But it can be done. :)

TrueStreetTim 08-13-2013 01:00 PM

Payday 2 releases on PC (other platforms) today. I played beta and had a great time! It's a tense and chaotic game at times. You may be 15 minutes into a heist undetected and make it out without any trouble. Or it may go south quick and end up shooting your way out for 20 minutes (if you make it out) lol. I could use a crack team if anyone else was thinking about picking it up.

Grandpa 08-13-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 44575)
Payday 2 releases on PC (other platforms) today. I played beta and had a great time! It's a tense and chaotic game at times. You may be 15 minutes into a heist undetected and make it out without any trouble. Or it may go south quick and end up shooting your way out for 20 minutes (if you make it out) lol. I could use a crack team if anyone else was thinking about picking it up.

That looks like it would be fun with a good group of people. Playing with random people though would be a pain in the ass cuz no one ever sticks to the game plan.

TrueStreetTim 08-13-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

That looks like it would be fun with a good group of people. Playing with random people though would be a pain in the ass cuz no one ever sticks to the game plan.
There will be plenty of pick-up group fails no doubt. But the goal is pretty much the same. If you get in and out undetected...perfect! That's money in the bank! But if you trip an alarm, or your partner gets spotted etc, shooting your way out is chaotic and just as fun....unless you all fall. You can also go solo with some of the "ghost" tree specs. But if you slip up and the bring the cops down on you your in a world of hurt! Not an easy task to try and move 3, 6, 8+ bags of loot out 2nd story windows or the street while taking fire. Or worse...you've abandoned a chance in hell of making it out with all your loot and make a run for it with a lone bag over your shoulder (which weighs you down and offsets your axis) just to find out your getaway driver got skittish and drives off as you approach. Talk about left for dead!

No mission is exactly the same. Even if you "restart" the round. Cops are in different places. Some windows may be blocked or a safe may not be there anymore and the map is changed in one way or another. Very cool for replay.

TrueStreetTim 08-13-2013 05:39 PM

This had me rolling. 11:35 was great lol

TrueStreetTim 08-13-2013 05:40 PM

This had me rolling. Can skip to 1:35, 11:35 was great lol

TrueStreetTim 08-13-2013 05:42 PM

^Was supposed to be an edit. And I can't delete cause I'm not elite.

Grandpa 08-13-2013 06:01 PM

That game looks like a shitload of fun.

STROKD 08-13-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeddRekoning (Post 43093)

^this guy here sucks at COD.:emotions33:

Grandpa 08-13-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 44643)
^this guy here sucks at COD.:emotions33:

I don't get a chance to play against him very much cuz he plays Domination/Capture the Flag stuff. I like Team Deathmatch. I'd love to try a 1vs1 match against him.

STROKD 08-13-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 44644)
I don't get a chance to play against him very much cuz he plays Domination/Capture the Flag stuff. I like Team Deathmatch. I'd love to try a 1vs1 match against him.

Last I played with Chris and Brandon we never lost. Think of Womack on his Redbull/5hr energy drink mixtures... But 2 of em.