Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   300a option questions (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3152)

BERT 11-18-2013 06:38 PM

300a option questions

was reading through the owners manual and was wondering why I couldn't get a couple of things to work. First is the compass (N S E W you know), I did what it told me to to make it come up and nothing. Second, I tried to find my number on my radio and couldn't get it to come up. Trying to see if I could get the 6months serius free. Maybe I can't get these with my base model 5.0 or maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Base model is pretty boring lol

DirtyD 11-18-2013 08:09 PM

Since you don't have sync, I don't think you have the option of the number on the radio, or whatever it is you're after.

As for the compass, I would think that would me standard on every single trim level

garner 11-19-2013 01:51 AM

Satellite radio is only on the premium trim level sadly :(

Not sure about the compass

BERT 11-19-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 56936)
Satellite radio is only on the premium trim level sadly :(

Not sure about the compass

Then why even give me the damn button?!?!?!?!?! Ford just teasing me

Grandpa 11-19-2013 12:50 PM

Now that I've had it awhile, I can't imagine being without the Sync now. I love being able to stream Amazon/Pandora and play all the music on a USB stick through the port.

BERT 11-19-2013 12:55 PM

Hell i'd be happy just being able to control my ipod with my steering wheel controls instead of having to grab my ipod every time I want to change songs lol

Grandpa 11-19-2013 12:59 PM

Oh damn, forgot about that. Having no steering controls would suck! I rarely ever touch the radio at all cuz I'm so used to it on the steering wheel!

Dominic Toretto 11-19-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56962)
I love being able to stream Amazon/Pandora and play all the music on a USB stick through the port.

This. I installed an aftermarket CD player in my old Corvette with a USB port and was so happy to be done with loads of CDs cluttering the interior. Playing music from USB FTMFW! Oddly enough my phone again became unsynced from the radio. I don't even care, the car and the phone go through break ups apparently. Wonder when they will get back together.

-Alex

BERT 11-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56964)
Oh damn, forgot about that. Having no steering controls would suck! I rarely ever touch the radio at all cuz I'm so used to it on the steering wheel!

I have control buttons on the wheel, just not as many as you. I can control the radio and cd player but that's about it. Just wish I could plug the iPod in and use the skip button on the wheel.

GunsUp 11-19-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Now that I've had it awhile, I can't imagine being without the Sync now. I love being able to stream Amazon/Pandora and play all the music on a USB stick through the port.

+1 sucks looking at 14's now because I don't want a base

BERT 11-19-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

OH!! I don't even have a usb port! This topic is just depressing

BERT 11-19-2013 02:01 PM

You know, this whole "while in the car" situation is the whole reason I went to the dealership wanting a Focus ST. I wanted all the bells and whistles. I'm happy with my mustang, it would just be nice having all the creature comforts *sigh*

GunsUp 11-19-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 56976)
OH!! I don't even have a usb port! This topic is just depressing

You don't have one in your center console...?

Grandpa 11-19-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56975)
+1 sucks looking at 14's now because I don't want a base

Why upgrade to a 14? It's not really much of an upgrade at all from your current car.

GunsUp 11-19-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56979)
Why upgrade to a 14? It's not really much of an upgrade at all from your current car.

It doesn't look like I am going to. Just saying

Grandpa 11-19-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 56977)
You know, this whole "while in the car" situation is the whole reason I went to the dealership wanting a Focus ST. I wanted all the bells and whistles. I'm happy with my mustang, it would just be nice having all the creature comforts *sigh*

The grass is always greener...

Really, it comes down to getting what you want. Yeah, at first buying a more expensive car would have stung, but it wouldn't leave wanting more later like you are now.

It's a balance of getting what you need, what you want and what is reasonable.

JDBishopArts 11-19-2013 02:21 PM

401a problems bah.

JDMLOL 11-19-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 56954)
Then why even give me the damn button?!?!?!?!?! Ford just teasing me

Cheaper to put the same radio in every car and just add the modules than producing two completely different units.

GunsUp 11-19-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 56983)
Cheaper to put the same radio in every car and just add the modules than producing two completely different units.

America!

DirtyD 11-19-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56978)

Only on SYNC equipped cars (301a+)

BERT 11-19-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56978)

Noooooope!

Thought I did but then before I put all my "junk" in the console, I checked for it so I could charge my phone and it wasn't there. It was in the ST where I remember seeing it lol

GunsUp 11-19-2013 03:23 PM

Damn what year was your car built? I'd get a $99 Alpine unit with bluetooth...Just saying.

Or if you really wanna go big you could get a Nav installed with everything including Sync

BERT 11-19-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56981)
The grass is always greener...

Really, it comes down to getting what you want. Yeah, at first buying a more expensive car would have stung, but it wouldn't leave wanting more later like you are now.

It's a balance of getting what you need, what you want and what is reasonable.

I just like bitching at times. This is one of those subjects. Hey, it's better than having to use a cassette adapter to use my ipod lol

It was get a new vehicle NOW or wait until around my bday (feb) cause the front end in my Ranger was going out and I didn't feel like fixing that shit. Didn't even think I could afford a brand new car haha

BERT 11-19-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56994)
Damn what year was your car built? I'd get a $99 Alpine unit with bluetooth...Just saying.

Or if you really wanna go big you could get a Nav installed with everything including Sync

Car is brand fucking new lol

Just a base model is all.

GunsUp 11-19-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 56996)
Car is brand fucking new lol

Just a base model is all.

Damn you should have got a premium v6:baby:

BERT 11-19-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56997)

Shut your face!!

Grandpa 11-19-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56997)

LMAO! Win.

It's good thing I can't hear Bert's bitchin over my badass tunes from my USB and streaming Pandora...

GunsUp 11-19-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 57000)
LMAO! Win.

It's good thing I can't hear Bert's bitchin over my badass tunes from my USB and streaming Pandora...

"Sync please say a command"

Grandpa 11-19-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 56998)
Shut your face!!

Man, I thought you were one of those DFWM ballers. Next time pony up the cash for a car that wasn't equipped for a woman.:slap:

GunsUp 11-19-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

LMAO! Win.

:whip: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:angry94:

Grandpa 11-19-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 57001)
"Sync please say a command"

That's where they fucked up the Sync system. They should have put a hot chick's voice on there instead of that robotic elementary school teacher sounding bitch. Her voice gets on my damn nerves. Of all places I don't want to hear an annoying woman's voice it's in my car. That's the reason I'm in it in the first place, to get away from it! lol

GunsUp 11-19-2013 03:53 PM

"mmm sync...Gimme a command babyyy"

BERT 11-19-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

LMAO! Win.

No, you can't hear me cause my voice travels over your head. That's a short joke!!!!!

BERT 11-19-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 57005)
That's where they fucked up the Sync system. They should have put a hot chick's voice on there instead of that robotic elementary school teacher sounding bitch. Her voice gets on my damn nerves. Of all places I don't want to hear an annoying woman's voice it's in my car. That's the reason I'm in it in the first place, to get away from it! lol

GOOD!!!!!! I hope it drives you fucking insane!!

:D

Grandpa 11-19-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 57011)
GOOD!!!!!! I hope it drives you fucking insane!!

:D

It's only for a few seconds. I just push the button on my steering column and like a good woman she gets me what I want. After that I can focus on my driving around some turns listening to good commercial free music of my choice in a hands free manner absent of CDs flopping around in the console or my phone sliding off the seat or having to listen to my base model bicycle wheels/tires squeal like a school girl. :yucky:

BERT 11-19-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 57013)
It's only for a few seconds. I just push the button on my steering column and like a good woman she gets me what I want. After that I can focus on my driving around some turns listening to good commercial free music of my choice in a hands free manner absent of CDs flopping around in the console or my phone sliding off the seat or having to listen to my base model bicycle wheels/tires squeal like a school girl. :yucky:

But only in dry perfect weather

Grandpa 11-19-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 57016)

You sunnuvabitch..

kdanner 11-19-2013 04:26 PM

Too bad you can't change the voice. I put R Lee Ermey in my Garmin.

"in 500 damn feet, make a right turn maggot".
"the gunny got you here, you're not as fucked up as I thought you were, it's on your right numbnuts".
"you are hopelessly lost maggot".

GunsUp 11-19-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 57016)

Ferris! He never drives it, he just rubs it with a diaper!

BERT 11-19-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 57020)
Ferris! He never drives it, he just rubs it with a diaper!

Two Fridays ago when it started to sprinkle i'm surprised he didn't start panicking