Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   NTAXS Winter AutoX - Dallas Raceway Jan. 25th (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3385)

I am Legend 01-23-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 62007)
Yeah sure that'll be good. Can you ask him for 6 (9)s in carbon fiber vinyl? If he can't then satin dark silver. Or do you want me to do it and I'll just get you to pick them up? I'll go in with you on them if it's better for him so he can use as little material as possible. As log gas you're ok with other of those colors. Haha.

sounds like one of the other guys has you covered, let me know if that changes. also stay away from dark colors if your car is dark, (not sure what car you have) because if you do an SCCA event they have some stricter rules as to visibility and size of the numbers.

DirtyD 01-23-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Legend (Post 62025)
lol, a little of both. they are printed on vinyl laminated and applied to magnet.

Sweet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Legend (Post 62027)
sounds like one of the other guys has you covered, let me know if that changes. also stay away from dark colors if your car is dark, (not sure what car you have) because if you do an SCCA event they have some stricter rules as to visibility and size of the numbers.

I'm getting Big Worm to cut me some only because of the quick turn around I need them for. Plus I have other stuff he's been holding for me that I need to pick up, so it just adds to the order.

I will contact you probably closer to the start of the season to get a true magnetic plate with a number on it.

Do you have any pics of yours by chance?

pohnjarker 01-23-2014 01:39 PM

what time are yall going to be there and how much is it to watch?

DirtyD 01-23-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pohnjarker (Post 62062)

I don't know if it cost anything to watch, but I planned to be there around 8 when the gates opened.

Grandpa 01-23-2014 02:04 PM

LOL, I'm not getting there that early to watch. If it stays cold I'm staying my ass home too!

DirtyD 01-23-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 62070)
LOL, I'm not getting there that early to watch. If it stays cold I'm staying my ass home too!

Supposed to be mid-60s with morning temps in the low 40s. As soon as the sun comes up, it will start to warm up fast.

jrj512 01-23-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pohnjarker (Post 62062)

Watching is free, as pervy as that sounds.

Grandpa 01-23-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrj512 (Post 62107)
Watching is free, as pervy as that sounds.

Ok, now I feel dirty. Thanks a lot.

03MachMe 01-23-2014 07:18 PM

I'll be there around 8 as well. Need time to switch tires

jrj512 01-24-2014 09:49 AM

Don’t forget that the snack bar will be open.

Also, while the high temp will be 60ish, that will not occur until the afternoon. You will doing a lot of standing around in cold weather for half the day, so dress warm and in layers that you can peel off.

See you all on Saturday.

HPT5.0 01-24-2014 10:59 AM

How late in the afternoon does the racing usually last? I have to work in the morning but want to check it out. Thanks!!

jrj512 01-24-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPT5.0 (Post 62201)
How late in the afternoon does the racing usually last? I have to work in the morning but want to check it out. Thanks!!

We are usually there until 3:30.

I am Legend 01-24-2014 11:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 62031)
Sweet.

I'm getting Big Worm to cut me some only because of the quick turn around I need them for. Plus I have other stuff he's been holding for me that I need to pick up, so it just adds to the order.

I will contact you probably closer to the start of the season to get a true magnetic plate with a number on it.

Do you have any pics of yours by chance?

Here is a pic of mine. Couple years old still looks ok. For reference these are 9"x12". Pros and cons to having a number plate. I like this style better because I've seen individual numbers fly off, with more surface area I haven't experienced that issue. Down side is if someone registers before you with your number your back to using painters tape numbers. The club I ran with in NH used to have a season sponsor, and you had to display their logo thus the empty white space at the bottom of the plate. I would just run a decal in that area and peel it at the end of the season. All the talk of numbers and getting new ones cut ETC has made me decide to do a redesign, so these are now retired.

DirtyD 01-24-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Legend (Post 62219)
Here is a pic of mine. Couple years old still looks ok. For reference these are 9"x12". Pros and cons to having a number plate. I like this style better because I've seen individual numbers fly off, with more surface area I haven't experienced that issue. Down side is if someone registers before you with your number your back to using painters tape numbers. The club I ran with in NH used to have a season sponsor, and you had to display their logo thus the empty white space at the bottom of the plate. I would just run a decal in that area and peel it at the end of the season. All the talk of numbers and getting new ones cut ETC has made me decide to do a redesign, so these are now retired.

How well have the magnets held up? Because I've heard that after a couple of uses, the magnets just stop sticking.

I am Legend 01-24-2014 12:21 PM

like I said man, I've had these for a 2-3 years without issue. Had to pull them off my tool box to grab a pic of them. Last summer I left an NTAXS autox and forgot them on the doors, got on the highway and ripped home. They were still there when I got there