Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Pics & Video (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Video of the (drama) king of the dfw50s blk2012gt (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2472)

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 12:35 PM

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/...psf6fb35da.jpg

GunsUp 08-19-2013 12:58 PM

Jeff nonetheless I'm stoked you came out to Ennis the other night. Glad you gave it your best. Now I hope you can get everything dialed in to make that car the true beast we all know it will be once its said and done.

You have to admit that video is pretty funny.

I don't know what was said nor do I care to know. It had nothing to do with cars.

Jeff what is the next step? What does Clint say? I heard him mention at the track you needed better tires. But that's down the line. Is it just a tuning issue at the moment?

Phuck Phace 08-19-2013 12:59 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6...psa26b86e6.jpg

blownaltered 08-19-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 45976)
Jeff nonetheless I'm stoked you came out to Ennis the other night. Glad you gave it your best. Now I hope you can get everything dialed in to make that car the true beast we all know it will be once its said and done.

I don't know what was said nor do I care to know. It had nothing to do with cars.

Jeff what is the next step? What does Clint say? I heard him mention at the track you needed better tires. But that's down the line. Is it just a tuning issue at the moment?

From watching I would say a tire issue and a driver issue. The guy has had no seat time in the car, along with no time at the track. A manual car is a lot harder to launch properly than an auto. His tires are not made for what he was doing so traction was an issue all night.

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 45977)

Lol

Midnight11 08-19-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 45977)

Hahahaha

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 45976)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 45978)
From watching I would say a tire issue and a driver issue. The guy has had no seat time in the car, along with no time at the track. A manual car is a lot harder to launch properly than an auto. His tires are not made for what he was doing so traction was an issue all night.

What he said. For the track I need more seat time. I don't understand after I said several times that I would be rusty at the track that everyone was expecting so much. But yes I also need better tires but as far as tuning goes the car runs great. I probably need to change out suspension as far as shocks, struts, disconnect the front sway bar. But I need more and more and more seat time at the track.

GunsUp 08-19-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45982)
What he said. For the track I need more seat time. I don't understand after I said several times that I would be rusty at the track that everyone was expecting so much. But yes I also need better tires but as far as tuning goes the car runs great. I probably need to change out suspension as far as shocks, struts, disconnect the front sway bar. But I need more and more and more seat time at the track.

I'm not trying to be a dick. But why did the car go into Limp mode on that run?

Taxman 08-19-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Watching the video, surely you see that you were just a tad bit over the top with your boasting?

:fuckyea:

Junkie 08-19-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Seat time is key to great ET, as well as vehicle setup. Lots of us have been fast with a stick and would be willing to give advice I'm sure.

MPH is an indication of power....

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 45983)

Don't really know why it did.

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 45985)
Seat time is key to great ET, as well as vehicle setup. Lots of us have been fast with a stick and would be willing to give advice I'm sure.

MPH is an indication of power....

MPH does indicate power. My car has dyno over 500 rwhp several times but then no one believes how much my car weighs. I think my mph proves that my car weighs a lot more then what people are saying.

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxman (Post 45984)
Watching the video, surely you see that you were just a tad bit over the top with your boasting?

:fuckyea:

The first run in the dumbass video my car was in limp mode. The second run Clint was driving the car. I love how dale didn't put in the clean passes Clint and I made. They weren't great but nothing like what Dale posted.

Taxman 08-19-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45987)
MPH does indicate power. My car has dyno over 500 rwhp several times but then no one believes how much my car weighs. I think my mph proves that my car weighs a lot more then what people are saying.

The scales were open Saturday. Mine weighed 3815 lbs.

blownaltered 08-19-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 45983)

Doing a burn out in first gear bouncing of the limiter was probably the cause of that.