Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2016 GT350 revealed. And its everything we've wanted! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4717)

Mustangdude72 11-21-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominic toretto (Post 76327)
actually data is out. It's just not the data you want. Sure, it's not specific but, did you expect it to be since the car was just announced?

Sure it could fail but, then again, it could not. You seem to want to just accept that it will fail or have the exceedingly skeptical attitude right off the bat. Why do you need to shout "fan boi" just because people are excited about the new car?

-alex

this!!!

BLK2012GT 11-21-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76320)
All motor. His car made like 522rw. He's just stroking himself saying 560rw. lol

Um I posted a dyno graph numbnuts. With TS shitty tune yes 525 with HPP better tune 544rwhp and 442 rwtq. Damn I wonder some times if you don't read anything and just go off your small brain.

BLK2012GT 11-21-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76325)
Not bad for a lil 302. For the cost of it, could have gone boost, made more power and would have been more fun to drive with a fun powerband.

Yet again my plan would had been cheaper and made more power then if I went boosted. Thanks again to TS for killing that.

Grandpa 11-21-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 76327)
Actually data is out. It's just not the data you want. Sure, it's not specific but, did you expect it to be since the car was just announced?

Sure it could fail but, then again, it could not. You seem to want to just accept that it will fail or have the exceedingly skeptical attitude right off the bat. Why do you need to shout "fan boi" just because people are excited about the new car?

-Alex

I'm always a skeptic of any make/model. I take anything I read from the magazines with a grain of salt knowing they are merely paid advertisers in disguise. I always wait to see when they get in the hands of owners to see how a new car will perform.

As for people being excited, I have NO issue with that at all. It's when it's taken to another level and people start bench racing a car before they even see one in person I find abit absurd. Throwing around terms like "world class" and beating on cars that cost three times as much before the cars even hit a track is silly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76330)
Um I posted a dyno graph numbnuts. With TS shitty tune yes 525 with HPP better tune 544rwhp and 442 rwtq. Damn I wonder some times if you don't read anything and just go off your small brain.

Not too bad. Sorry about those torque numbers though.. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76331)
Yet again my plan would had been cheaper and made more power then if I went boosted. Thanks again to TS for killing that.

TS is da debil!!!!!

BERT 11-21-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76331)

Cheaper and make more power. Isn't that an oxymoron??

Dominic Toretto 11-21-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76333)
I'm always a skeptic of any make/model. I take anything I read from the magazines with a grain of salt knowing they are merely paid advertisers in disguise. I always wait to see when they get in the hands of owners to see how a new car will perform.

As for people being excited, I have NO issue with that at all. It's when it's taken to another level and people start bench racing a car before they even see one in person I find abit absurd. Throwing around terms like "world class" and beating on cars that cost three times as much before the cars even hit a track is silly.

But the magazines have not tested the car yet. They don't have access to the car to test it lol. The claims made so far are directly from Ford and I am pretty sure they would be aware of just how much power the engine makes, what shocks, springs, etc etc that they put on the car. When the Z/28 came out, did you doubt that it had an LS7 or magnetic suspension? No. That's all I am saying, with the information Ford has provided and based on the existing platform, everything looks to be a winner as far as track capabilities.

What about the existing stats make you seem skeptical? 500+hp? Magnetic shocks? Stiffer springs? IIRC larger antiroll bars? Tremec 6 speed? More aggressive tires? So far none of those things seem bad.

Of course we don't know what will happen but, so far the car looks promising. What's to argue about that?

Bench racing, sure I agree that's somewhat silly but, my statement against the Z/28 is simply based on the existing information. I don't see that assumption really looking to absurd but, to each their own.

-Alex

BERT 11-21-2014 06:11 PM

Don't think he's doubting anything about what's on the car. He's doubting what the car will actually do instead of what Ford people say the car will do. Steve's wanting to see what the car will do when either a shop gets ahold of one or a person in Dallas is driving one on the streets.

I think I have that right lol

STROKD 11-21-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76287)
You tell me Stroked if I make it for a split second. Lol

And this was in the middle of summer on a very humid day. So right now it's probably between 550-560 rwhp. I'll find out at HPP toys for tots dyno day.

Looks good, def not a normal 5.0 curve, you should have no problems beating me. lmk when you want to give it a go.

BLK2012GT 11-21-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 76338)
Looks good, def not a normal 5.0 curve, you should have no problems beating me. lmk when you want to give it a go.

Whenever man.

STROKD 11-22-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76346)
Whenever man.

You have a busier schedule than me, just prppose a time, and Ill try to see if my pos will be ready. Should be fun. I havent raced the car since 06.

Grandpa 11-22-2014 11:40 AM

It hasnt been that long since we broke it, is it?

Mustangdude72 11-29-2014 01:26 PM

A private event has been held where they announced that the starting price will be $52,995 with the option of a $2,995 tech pack and probably the same price for the track pack but nothing has been said about that

BLK2012GT 11-29-2014 01:33 PM

Guess Steve and his know it all friends were wrong. Hahahahahahahaha

Lucky13 11-30-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76522)

He's pretty quiet since the big Toys for Tots thread.

BLK2012GT 11-30-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky13 (Post 76552)
He's pretty quiet since the big Toys for Tots thread.

He got butthurt

STROKD 12-01-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

All I said was it wasnt going to be worth what they ask, NO MUSTANG is...

just sayin.:favorites37:

foofinator 12-01-2014 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 76267)
You ignored my post. We make the same power... you with a bad ass mod motor and me with a foxbody. lets race so I can show you what differential calculus means. Area under the curve buddy... you make 550 for a split second, I make it for 1500 rpm.

And one of the best tuners around had his Camaro running in the 5s in the eigth with a bolt on ls3 and spray at full weight... thats a little faster than your sick ass mod motor coyote has been, yes? he had less nitrous than you did too... and it was a six speed car at the time.

What the fuck is differential calculus?

STROKD 12-01-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foofinator (Post 76557)
What the fuck is differential calculus?

Dont you have a BS in rocket science engineering? Might want a refund bro...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_calculus

BERT 12-01-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Is this what you're getting next, Jeff? or the gt500?

rlhay2 12-01-2014 04:44 PM

Whomever gets one, please turbo it and get back to me!

BERT 12-01-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 76568)
Whomever gets one, please turbo it and get back to me!

LOL, Ronnie, you holding out for one of these now?

BLK2012GT 12-01-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 76565)
Is this what you're getting next, Jeff? or the gt500?

I thought LSX is the only way to go? Lol

BERT 12-01-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76570)
I thought LSX is the only way to go? Lol

When did I say that? I was just wanting something different. Now, don't avoid the question, whatcha gettin? :D

BLK2012GT 12-01-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 76571)
When did I say that? I was just wanting something different. Now, don't avoid the question, whatcha gettin? :D

I can honestly say I have no clue.

BERT 12-01-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76572)
I can honestly say I have no clue.

Ok, then what are you wanting? lol

rlhay2 12-01-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 76569)
LOL, Ronnie, you holding out for one of these now?

Not yet...but this motor with turbos could be a monster.

Then again, the C7 Z06 convertible has promise too.
I worry that I enjoy driving pony/muscle cars more than "sports cars".

BERT 12-01-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 76575)
Not yet...but this motor with turbos could be a monster.

Then again, the C7 Z06 convertible has promise too.
I worry that I enjoy driving pony/muscle cars more than "sports cars".

Nothing wrong with that!

foofinator 12-01-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 76564)
Dont you have a BS in rocket science engineering? Might want a refund bro...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_calculus

I guess at community college they split it up into differential calculus and integral calculus - sorry. :favorites37:

In any event, integral calculus is what you would use to determine the area under a curve -- not 'differential' calculus.

Furthermore, I dare say after lurking on these forums for quite awhile, I understand why some feel that the 'joking' Mustang hate has gotten stale.

If I'm not mistaken, I've got a Mustang faster than at least the vast majority of the naysayers (*cough* STROKD *cough*). It exists, in real life, is running, and all this on a setup that's at least 7 years old. By the time certain shit talkers have something that's faster, the 2015 GT I just bought (another real life car that actually exists :iranmaybe:) will have twins.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my Cobra has a mod motor too.

:xmasorlyflag:

:party28:

BlackStang08 12-01-2014 11:02 PM

Congrats on the 2015. What color did you get?

foofinator 12-01-2014 11:09 PM

Another yellow one.

BlackStang08 12-01-2014 11:11 PM

Sweet. With the black performance pack wheels?

foofinator 12-01-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 76580)
Sweet. With the black performance pack wheels?

Yep. Did the performance pack and Recaro seats. No nav, no blind spot monitoring, no bigger sound system, no spoiler.

I haven't gotten to drive it yet - but hopefully will be able to make it to Dallas to play with it on Saturday. :handshake:

BlackStang08 12-02-2014 05:05 AM

Sounds awesome!

BERT 12-02-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foofinator (Post 76583)
Yep. Did the performance pack and Recaro seats. No nav, no blind spot monitoring, no bigger sound system, no spoiler.

I haven't gotten to drive it yet - but hopefully will be able to make it to Dallas to play with it on Saturday. :handshake:

Congrats, Jeremy. It was nice meeting you at TI

STROKD 12-02-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foofinator (Post 76577)
I guess at community college they split it up into differential calculus and integral calculus - sorry. :favorites37:

In any event, integral calculus is what you would use to determine the area under a curve -- not 'differential' calculus.

Furthermore, I dare say after lurking on these forums for quite awhile, I understand why some feel that the 'joking' Mustang hate has gotten stale.

If I'm not mistaken, I've got a Mustang faster than at least the vast majority of the naysayers (*cough* STROKD *cough*). It exists, in real life, is running, and all this on a setup that's at least 7 years old. By the time certain shit talkers have something that's faster, the 2015 GT I just bought (another real life car that actually exists :iranmaybe:) will have twins.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my Cobra has a mod motor too.

:xmasorlyflag:

:party28:

Your cobra went about as fast in the TI event race as my car went in the quarter mile with no traction. I also beat Mannys tt cobra which also went faster than your car and made more power... so an irrelevant race where you jumped and refused a rematch when i was pulling on you like you were in a Kia is irrelevant. Your new car with twins will also be slow, you should have listened to steve and bought a corvette.

My car now has no relevance on anything since i dont have the money to finish it, but that doesnt change any fact that mod motors suck dick and are slow.

foofinator 12-02-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 76588)
I'm irrelevant

Yep.

STROKD 12-03-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foofinator (Post 76592)
Yep.

I agree with you. Esp on a mod motor site. :)