Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   400 Bone Stock Bitches, well with a tune from CTP hell ya (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3863)

re-rx7 03-27-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67949)
I'm now taking bribes for a daily ban on rx7, Matt. I still havent been to So-cal hint hint..lol

Could have swore I was on a mustang site and not a gm.

BERT 03-27-2014 12:45 PM

So we're only allowed to talk Mustangs? Good to know

Grandpa 03-27-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 67962)
Could have swore I was on a mustang site and not a gm.

It has nothing to do with being a Mustang site. Being a Mustang fan is fine, nothing wrong with that at all. It's more about not being so brand loyal you argue past logic and reason to suit your argument. When you become unreasonable you just drive people crazy.

So I saw the opportunity to get Matt to buy me lunch at a taco shop I've been wanting to try for awhile in the mid-cities. I haven't made up my mind yet so don't tempt me. lol

Blind brand loyalty is retarded. I love all fast cars. GM, Ford, Dodge, imports, whatever. If its fast, I'm interested.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 67965)
So we're only allowed to talk Mustangs? Good to know

"Hey..nice black wheels"

"Yeah, you too".

"What mods do you have?"

"CAI and mufflers"

"Yeah me too"

"But I drug a bolt on C6 Vette the other night"

"Yeah, no shit? How fast have you been at the track?"

"13'oh's. But I'm gonna get a Boss intake so I can shift at 8000rpm and that will get me in the 12's"

:poker:

46Tbird 03-27-2014 01:35 PM

You gonna make a pass in that stock V?

Grandpa 03-27-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 67985)
You gonna make a pass in that stock V?

If it's stock by the time I make it there.. lol

DirtyD 03-27-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67977)
"Hey..nice black wheels"

"Yeah, you too".

"What mods do you have?"

"CAI and mufflers"

"Yeah me too"

"But I drug a bolt on C6 Vette the other night"

"Yeah, no shit? How fast have you been at the track?"

"13'oh's. But I'm gonna get a Boss intake so I can shift at 8000rpm and that will get me in the 12's"

:poker:

Sounds like one of the American Muscle nut swinger employees that has the same bolt-ons as Nic (LTs, Boss IM, etc) and is impressed that car runs 12.1-11.9 at the track on DRs.....:lol:

Grandpa 03-27-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 67991)
Sounds like one of the American Muscle nut swinger employees that has the same bolt-ons as Nic (LTs, Boss IM, etc) and is impressed that car runs 12.1-11.9 at the track on DRs.....:lol:

Exactly.

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 02:19 PM

Weekdays are bad for me. Weekends, well that can be arranged. As you may have "set your car up" for "roll racing"...I have set mine up for real racing. It's interesting that you'd be so quick to say you'd forfeit if it wasn't what you wanted. Oh well, again, I have no problem running a vette. Personally, I love vettes and have wanted one since I was little kid. I just can't stand the majority of the vette owners. Most, think they are gods gift to the earth and it is quite entertaining catching the look on their face when they get beat by a Mustang ;-)

Grandpa 03-27-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 67999)
I have set mine up for real racing.

LOL..oh here we go. I knew this was coming.

Racing is racing. Roll, dead stop, drift, autocross etc. Anytime you compete against another car it's a race. Just because it doesn't suit one's personal preference of racing, doesn't mean it's not "real racing". It's such nonsense.

DirtyD 03-27-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Weekdays are bad for me. Weekends, well that can be arranged. As you may have "set your car up" for "roll racing"...I have set mine up for real racing. It's interesting that you'd be so quick to say you'd forfeit if it wasn't what you wanted. Oh well, again, I have no problem running a vette. Personally, I love vettes and have wanted one since I was little kid. I just can't stand the majority of the vette owners. Most, think they are gods gift to the earth and it is quite entertaining catching the look on their face when they get beat by a Mustang ;-)

prime example being the attitudes in this thread. lol

Dominic Toretto 03-27-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you're describing Supra owners now.

-Alex

Grandpa 03-27-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 68004)
Sounds like you're describing Supra owners now.

-Alex

Junkie's Supra has been faster from a dig or a roll than any Mustang on this site. Jus sayin..

Dominic Toretto 03-27-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68005)
Junkie's Supra has been faster from a dig or a roll than any Mustang on this site. Jus sayin..

Not denying that. Just pointing out the overall attitude of Supra owners in General. Especially MK4 guys. Love the cars but, for the most part, the owners suck more than their turbos.

-Alex

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 02:37 PM

Steve, I respect auto cross, road racing, drag racing...but I wouldn't necessarily consider roll racing in the same category.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 68009)
Not denying that. Just pointing out the overall attitude of Supra owners in General. Especially MK4 guys. Love the cars but, for the most part, the owners suck more than their turbos.

-Alex

Meh, stereotypes suck. Funny sometimes, but to generalize a whole group of people is pretty lame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68010)
Steve, I respect auto cross, road racing, drag racing...but I wouldn't necessarily consider roll racing in the same category.

I'm curious, but why is that?

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 02:46 PM

Generally, guys like to roll race because they don't have traction...that's not my fucking fault...I'm sure my car is over 600WHP and I don't have traction issues...

Grandpa 03-27-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68015)
Generally, guys like to roll race because they don't have traction...that's not my fucking fault...I'm sure my car is over 600WHP and I don't have traction issues...

That might be partially true, but wouldn't part of that be that most people don't roll around on slicks in street trim?

The other part of it isn't true at all. Many people don't dig race because it's not as hard on drivetrain and rear end parts, but also there isn't many places you can dig race so it's easy just to get a low roll in on a Mexican highway.

600rw isn't exactly a lot of power and shouldn't be hard to hook with the tire you are running and how heavy the car is.

blownaltered 03-27-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68016)
That might be partially true, but wouldn't part of that be that most people don't roll around on slicks in street trim?

The other part of it isn't true at all. Many people don't dig race because it's not as hard on drivetrain and rear end parts, but also there isn't many places you can dig race so it's easy just to get a low roll in on a Mexican highway.

600rw isn't exactly a lot of power and shouldn't be hard to hook with the tire you are running and how heavy the car is.

There are 6 drag strips within an hour of here, so there are plenty of places for dig racing. But I don't dig race because I'm not putting a cage in my vert, fuck that.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68019)
There are 6 drag strips within an hour of here, so there are plenty of places for dig racing. But I don't dig race because I'm not putting a cage in my vert, fuck that.

You know as well as anyone going to drag strip end up being more like work than going to have fun. Waiting in line for hours to maybe get in two or three passes, hoping you don't break something depending on the surface or some idiot in junker oiling down the track that doesn't get cleaned up well.

A night at the track has to be all planned out, lug out your gear, its a long drive, expensive only to get in two or three passes on a good night. It's just an asswhippin.

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 03:30 PM

Again, that's not my problem. My transmission could go anytime, but I'm not whining about it. And I'm sorry, but if you have the power that Zeeks car does and you choose to not put a good set of tires on it, that's idiotic. Power is useless unless you can put it down to the ground.

BERT 03-27-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68005)

Yeah but it makes like 2000hp. It damn well better beat all mustangs on this site

STROKD 03-27-2014 04:19 PM

No its not your problem Corvettes cost a shit ton to replace parts with... accept the man's race for fun or dont worry about it. Complaining about a vette guy not wanting to dig race is a waste of time. I love racing from a stop, but Im not going to break my car over a quick pull... it doesnt make any sense. You have a blower and over 100 rw more than him, you should murder him from a roll.

STROKD 03-27-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 68023)
Yeah but it makes like 2000hp. It damn well better beat all mustangs on this site

Tmk, Clint has the fastest car on this site, and it has a gd Windsor in it! Woo woo!!!!!!

Long live the small block Ford!

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68025)
No its not your problem Corvettes cost a shit ton to replace parts with... accept the man's race for fun or dont worry about it. Complaining about a vette guy not wanting to dig race is a waste of time. I love racing from a stop, but Im not going to break my car over a quick pull... it doesnt make any sense. You have a blower and over 100 rw more than him, you should murder him from a roll.

Agreed. I told him I would race. I'm simply giving a rebuttal to Steve's excuses about roll racing. If I win, cool. If not, whatever. I like how Mustangs are being compared to Corvettes more these days than Camaros. Funny to me...

Zeek 03-27-2014 04:43 PM

I don't want to go from a dig because I have no experience with it. I'm not afraid to break anything. Like I said give me a few laps at the track and I'll give you a race there. I have better street tires in the mail. Sorry I don't have the money right now for slicks. I just spent 6k all together on the car and have to wait till next month for another set of mods. I like roll racing and that's what I bought the car for. If I wanted to hang at a strip all night I would have kept my mustang.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68021)
Again, that's not my problem. My transmission could go anytime, but I'm not whining about it. And I'm sorry, but if you have the power that Zeeks car does and you choose to not put a good set of tires on it, that's idiotic. Power is useless unless you can put it down to the ground.

You're missing the point. From a roll it doesn't shock the rear as much and less likely to break anything. The Vette wasn't designed for drag racing in mind. lol. It will hook fine. Go race and find out. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 68023)

LOL, you're a little off there, but I like your spirit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68025)

Now where is my fishing pole? I know its around here somewhere..

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68026)
Tmk, Clint has the fastest car on this site, and it has a gd Windsor in it! Woo woo!!!!!!

Long live the small block Ford!

LOL, you're a lil out of the loop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68027)
Agreed. I told him I would race. I'm simply giving a rebuttal to Steve's excuses about roll racing. If I win, cool. If not, whatever. I like how Mustangs are being compared to Corvettes more these days than Camaros. Funny to me...

Mustangs have come quite far from the foxbodies days for sure. The fact they are competing with BMW's now with fit, finish and performance says a lot. They will be compared to anything that shows up to a meet. We're all competitive here.

My prediction -

-----------> Dark Pony

--------------> Zeek N/A

-----------> Dark Pony

-----------------------------------------> Zeek on bottle.

BERT 03-27-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68030)

No shit, you got the point.

blownaltered 03-27-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68030)
You're missing the point. From a roll it doesn't shock the rear as much and less likely to break anything. The Vette wasn't designed for drag racing in mind. lol. It will hook fine. Go race and find out. :)

Now where is my fishing pole? I know its around here somewhere..

LOL, you're a lil out of the loop.

Mustangs have come quite far from the foxbodies days for sure. The fact they are competing with BMW's now with fit, finish and performance says a lot. They will be compared to anything that shows up to a meet. We're all competitive here.

My prediction -

-----------> Dark Pony

--------------> Zeek N/A

-----------> Dark Pony

-----------------------------------------> Zeek on bottle.

Clint's car is most likely the fastest car on this site at the moment. Clint's car should be in the high 4's in the 1/8th mile. Which in the quarter would be in the mid to high 7 range. So yes Strokd would be right.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68032)
Clint's car is most likely the fastest car on this site at the moment. Clint's car should be in the high 4's in the 1/8th mile. Which in the quarter would be in the mid to high 7 range. So yes Strokd would be right.

Hopefully they line up at TI so we can find out... :challenge:

blownaltered 03-27-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68035)
Hopefully they line up at TI so we can find out... :challenge:

I didn't know Clint was bringing his dragster to TI. Seems like it would be a pointless race for him. He isn't geared for it.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68038)
I didn't know Clint was bringing his dragster to TI. Seems like it would be a pointless race for him. He isn't geared for it.

He did last year, newb.

blownaltered 03-27-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68039)
He did last year, newb.

Well excuse the fuck out of me grandpa. It's still an auto, stall car so I figure TI wouldn't be the best showing for that car. It's a drag car so it is going to be out of its element in my opinion.

Grandpa 03-27-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68040)
Well excuse the fuck out of me grandpa. It's still an auto, stall car so I figure TI wouldn't be the best showing for that car. It's a drag car so it is going to be out of its element in my opinion.

You're excused. I know you are new to the actual fast car scene and not used to being out of the sandbox. All is forgiven. lol

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 05:37 PM

No, Steve...I got your point. I understand the basic concept of hooking from a dig...which is why I built my car for it.

Zeek, we will work out a time and place. I just got about 90% of the tune done. The blower has only been on for a little over a week. I need to make sure my tuner says it's ok before I go beat the shit out of it.

Dark Pony 03-27-2014 05:38 PM

Our data logging has been cut short due to weather and work

Grandpa 03-27-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68045)
No, Steve...I got your point. I understand the basic concept of hooking from a dig...which is why I built my car for it.

Zeek, we will work out a time and place. I just got about 90% of the tune done. The blower has only been on for a little over a week. I need to make sure my tuner says it's ok before I go beat the shit out of it.

It's all good buddy. Best of luck and I'm sure you will enjoy that new set up.

re-rx7 03-27-2014 06:11 PM

I agree with everything dark pony is saying. Who gives a rat snatch. If that vette is so much more superior it shouldn't have a problem beating stang from a roll or dig. Hell he cud ease it out of the hole and still eat dark pony. Cuz vette!!

Zeek 03-27-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68045)

Just let me know when you wanna go and we can set up a time/place

Crimson600+HP 03-27-2014 08:34 PM

Please take gopro footage!