Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Procharger on Coyote? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=438)

Grandpa 10-01-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6236)
And the track is the only thing that matters right?!?!?

I dunno about you, but my car sees the street more than the track. I doubt i will ever run this car at the track as a matter of fact. Lol

downtime! 10-02-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6241)
I dunno about you, but my car sees the street more than the track. I doubt i will ever run this car at the track as a matter of fact. Lol

I said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 07:37 AM

Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 6204)
same here!

:cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6261)
Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.

You will go turbo but not centri?

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6238)
A pulley change can fix that.

Do you live your life a quarter mile at a time, Vin?

And I pill change will beat out your pulley change.:favorites37:

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6264)
:cheers:

You will go turbo but not centri?

Unless I go big and get an F1 I most likely will not go centri. The F1 shouldn't have any problems getting spooled up with the high revving 5.0. Turbos will take less power to make power, which makes them more efficient, seem to produce more torque (less engine strain) with a broader usable power band. Not to mention the sound it makes is sent from the God's. To me the whistle from the Centri's is just annoying. Unless it's the F1 which sounds like a jet.

Not knocking the centri's at all. They are great for making power, easy to install/tune and are pretty affordable. I feel like if I just wanted that I'd put a bottle on it. The TVS or Whipple has the fun factor low end punch.

All just my opinions.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 6260)
I said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.

Years ago I was a track rat taking my fox coupe to the track. No doubt about it, it was fun, but it was also expensive because that was where I broke shit. hahaha. But even more so, it was a lot of time which I don't have anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6261)

Centri blowers are fun too. It just depends on how you are using them. I had a Vortech on my 93 Cobra and it was a lot of fun to drive. It MPH'd really well, just really had to spin some RPM to do it. I understand your point though, after driving the 98, it's really hard not to love the instant torque of a PD blower.It was a stupid amount of fun when I got that car tuned right. lol.

KB/Roush - Pro: instant torque powerband. Near silent stealth like sound to it.

Con: At least $2500 more expensive than a Vortech. KB's customer service is less than stellar. I've never had either one to know how long it's going to last. More difficult to install.

Vortech - Pro: I've owned before. Dead reliable for thousands of miles. Much cheaper and easier to install.

Con: A lil loud, builds boost as RPM climbs rather than instant boost of a roots blower.

Right now, I keep going back and forth which way to go but I've got plenty of time to make that decision. lol.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6268)
And I pill change will beat out your pulley change.:favorites37:

Nitrous you have to constantly monitor bottle pressure and temps, how much juice in the bottle, there is no feathering juice, it's either on or off and juice runs out.

Boost is always on tap, ready to go.

Eventually you will swap to boost when you get tired of getting drug by boosted cars and dealing with the complications of having a bottled street car. Mark my words. ;)

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6269)
Unless I go big and get an F1 I most likely will not go centri. The F1 shouldn't have any problems getting spooled up with the high revving 5.0. Turbos will take less power to make power, which makes them more efficient, seem to produce more torque (less engine strain) with a broader usable power band. Not to mention the sound it makes is sent from the God's. To me the whistle from the Centri's is just annoying. Unless it's the F1 which sounds like a jet.

Not knocking the centri's at all. They are great for making power, easy to install/tune and are pretty affordable. I feel like if I just wanted that I'd put a bottle on it. The TVS or Whipple has the fun factor low end punch.

All just my opinions.

Take it from me, while the F series head units sound insane, that fun last for all of a few weeks then you are just downright fucking annoyed by it. My buddy Donnie had a F1A on his car and it sounded like a gawd damn jet plane. It was cool at first, but then cruising anywhere with him after while just gave me a headache cuz it was SO loud. His wife wouldn't even ride in the car with him. lol.

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6269)

All just my opinions.

Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6272)
Nitrous you have to constantly monitor bottle pressure and temps, how much juice in the bottle, there is no feathering juice, it's either on or off and juice runs out.

Boost is always on tap, ready to go.

Eventually you will swap to boost when you get tired of getting drug by boosted cars and dealing with the complications of having a bottled street car. Mark my words. ;)

Shiiiiiiiiittttt I will never get rid of the nitrous. But I will get a blower or turbo.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6277)
Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.

You can switch it later down the road and probably sell your Procharger for a fair price to someone. Just enjoy it for awhile cuz I know you are going to have a blast with that thing! :)

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6278)
Shiiiiiiiiittttt I will never get rid of the nitrous. But I will get a blower or turbo.

Now that is a solid idea. Will (Junkie) always runs boosted setups assisted by nitrous and his cars are always insanely fast. His CTS-V is downright nasty!

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6279)
You can switch it later down the road and probably sell your Procharger for a fair price to someone. Just enjoy it for awhile cuz I know you are going to have a blast with that thing! :)

My goal it to have 800hp by this time next year so I guess next is a built motor and more bewst.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6284)
My goal it to have 800hp by this time next year so I guess next is a built motor and more bewst.

That might be doable with a D1, but you will most likely be overspinning the shit out of it. lol.