Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Congrats Steve!!! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3817)

maxpayne 03-13-2014 12:18 AM

So is the 5.0 gone?

DirtyD 03-13-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66498)
No, not really. Better weather is here finally, I'm getting outside more running, riding my bike, playing the kids etc. I'm trying to be more active living life rather than wasting away behind the computer. I'm doing car stuff still, but it comes second to getting healthy. I've got 40 more pounds to lose, I've lost 60 up to this point.

I'm still here, just not posting as much as I was cuz I don't want to irritate anyone. /shrug.

Understandable. I've been trying to get out more and play with Tucker and stuff, especially now that it doesn't get dark at 6 PM anymore. Great job on the weight loss though.

Still haven't answered us of the 5.0 is gone. Lol.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 12:30 AM

No, the 5.0 is still here, for now. I will be putting it back to stock and selling all the parts and wheels/tires then selling the car. I still have the Mach that is just sitting here taking up space if I get the urge to drive a Mustang and rowing gears.

Junkie 03-13-2014 12:43 AM

Why do you guys keep the Mach1?

DirtyD 03-13-2014 12:44 AM

Congrats Steve!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66501)
No, the 5.0 is still here, for now. I will be putting it back to stock and selling all the parts and wheels/tires then selling the car. I still have the Mach that is just sitting here taking up space if I get the urge to drive a Mustang and rowing gears.

The Mach is a good back up, so I can let that slide. Lol. If you need any stock parts (which isn't likely) let me know what you need.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 66503)

It's the wife's and she is very attached to it. It's been paid for many years now. It really doesn't cost us money other than the cheap insurance on it. She drives it when she feels like it. Honestly, it's been the best car we have ever owned. We bought it brand new off the showroom floor in 03 and the car has never given us a single problem in all the years we have had it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 66504)
The Mach is a good back up, so I can let that slide. Lol. If you need any stock parts (which isn't likely) let me know what you need.

Thanks, D. I've got everything but stock wheels/tires.

STROKD 03-13-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 66503)

Same reason we have a c5 thats been in storage for years. because wife.

BERT 03-13-2014 10:42 AM

Not a big fan of red, but I don't think there is a bad color when it comes to the V's. Looks good. The next time I have a Saturday off and the weather is nice i'll come up and take a look at it in person

Grandpa 03-13-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 66524)
Not a big fan of red, but I don't think there is a bad color when it comes to the V's. Looks good. The next time I have a Saturday off and the weather is nice i'll come up and take a look at it in person

You mean Friday. Unless you are talking about Kellers on Saturdays.

BERT 03-13-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66525)
You mean Friday. Unless you are talking about Kellers on Saturdays.

I do mean Friday but I'm not coming up there if I have to work on Saturday. I guess I COULD drive back the same night but that's a lot of driving in one day.

blownaltered 03-13-2014 04:30 PM

The car is damn nice but in 6 months when Steve gets bored with it, it will be a " Shit Box " and he will want to trade it in on a vette.

re-rx7 03-13-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66540)
The car is damn nice but in 6 months when Steve gets bored with it, it will be a " Shit Box " and he will want to trade it in on a vette.

:big_banana_Dance:

Grandpa 03-13-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66540)

It is a shitbox! But it's my shitbox! :D

And don't bullshit anyone here. I saw your wheels turning your head the other night looking at the car! lmao!

blownaltered 03-13-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66542)
It is a shitbox! But it's my shitbox! :D

And don't bullshit anyone here. I saw your wheels turning your head the other night looking at the car! lmao!

My wheels are turning about a c6 but that will have to wait till Ang finishes school. Damn I'm getting old and my wife is back in school. It sucks but will be awesome when she is done.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66543)
My wheels are turning about a c6 .

LMAO..hypocrite!!