Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AC problem (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2357)

Dan12GT 08-02-2013 12:08 PM

Ya I am about to head out to meet my dad for lunch and will grab some while I am out. I am going to run a temperature baseline line on the line before / after. Then it will be on to finding a way to protect the compressor it's self.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 42888)
Ya I am about to head out to meet my dad for lunch and will grab some while I am out. I am going to run a temperature baseline line on the line before / after. Then it will be on to finding a way to protect the compressor it's self.

You will notice a difference. The compressor part is gonna be a bitch trust me. Could be my imagination but the AC seemed cooler after i wrapped my lines. Especially at Idle.

2012mustang76123 08-02-2013 02:24 PM

post pics when yall get done.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012mustang76123 (Post 42915)

Will do.

JDMLOL 08-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012mustang76123 (Post 42915)

Ditto.

Im interested as well to see what yall fab up to protect the compressor. It's hotter than a bastard outside during july and august.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 42918)
Ditto.

Im interested as well to see what yall fab up to protect the compressor. It's hotter than a bastard outside during july and august.

Hotter then a slut. :insane: Anyway I just got to thinking about all these AC problems and as soon as I looked at it I knew. Reminds me of the Starter on the old camaros. NOw that being said another Idea has hit me. A starter motor blanket it made by DEI. It may be a hell of a lot easier to make work. Going down the hwy i dont think having the ac on is a big deal. Lots of airflow. In traffic, especially gridlock I can only imagine the heat below that hood especially when coupled with the heat coming off the pavement.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps1b0ba9f5.png

This is my dsm. You can see where i used to gold reflect.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psaddcfbec.jpg

Dan12GT 08-02-2013 04:01 PM

I like the idea of the start motor blanket used to protect the compressor. As an update I wasn't able to find any thermal tape to wrap the lines in. I don't have an O'riley's near me so checked out autozone and napa. Neither store any anything. I will probably just buy the stuff online.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 42929)
I like the idea of the start motor blanket used to protect the compressor. As an update I wasn't able to find any thermal tape to wrap the lines in. I don't have an O'riley's near me so checked out autozone and napa. Neither store any anything. I will probably just buy the stuff online.

You find an oreillys they have it and a starter blanket. I will post pics of the little wrap ive done so far.

2012mustang76123 08-02-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 42929)

its in the "performance wall" buried by the exhaust wrap most oreillys carry it but hardly sell it if ever expect lots of dust.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012mustang76123 (Post 42935)
its in the "performance wall" buried by the exhaust wrap most oreillys carry it but hardly sell it if ever expect lots of dust.

SO TRUE!!!:roflsquared:

Nay 08-02-2013 04:44 PM

Just got back from the dealership and it's the clutch hub assembly, I asked the tech about the heat and he said he hasn't had any come thru with this problem. Now I am in and out of my car all day long so a lot of starting and shutting the car off might have something to do with it. They are going to check the compressor out once the part comes in but that's not until Tuesday. Still not sure what help on the cost they going to offer, warranty on the last clutch hub assembly went out on July 24th.

JDMLOL 08-02-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nay (Post 42938)
Just got back from the dealership and it's the clutch hub assembly, I asked the tech about the heat and he said he hasn't had any come thru with this problem. Now I am in and out of my car all day long so a lot of starting and shutting the car off might have something to do with it. They are going to check the compressor out once the part comes in but that's not until Tuesday. Still not sure what help on the cost they going to offer, warranty on the last clutch hub assembly went out on July 24th.

God thats irritating as hell to hear even though it's not my car. I swear some of this shit is engineered to fail right after the manufacturer's/dealer's warranty.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nay (Post 42938)

Most techs dont know crap. Most not all. The issue with heat destroying components would be drawn out. IT wouldnt be an overnight event.

re-rx7 08-02-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 42939)
God thats iterating as hell to hear even though it's not my car. I swear some of this shit is engineered to fail right after the manufacturer's/dealer's warranty.

I honestly believe this is shit engineering on where to put the compressor.

JDMLOL 08-02-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 42941)
I honestly believe this is shit engineering on where to put the compressor.

I would like to think they put more thought into the design of our cars but I bet you're right, on some things they are probably pressed for time to get the product to market and just say "fuck it".