Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mustang VS Camaro Pre-Meet !!! June 15th (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1742)

Courtesy Flush 06-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 35498)
Didn't hear that. That GS had an exhaust for sure though. Sounded awesome.

Like that Tech said, they wagon wasn't going to go too far, but he made it until like the 4th round or so. But had he not had those 28x10.5s, he wouldn't have even beat me. Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 35499)
That gs has tune and long tubes I know that he says he now puts 414 to the wheel

Wow, so dude straight up lied through his teeth and had he won id of got a look under the hood to call him out. I don't get some of these guys that go out to this event. Lies only make you look worse when you lose.

sasquash1984 06-19-2013 11:29 AM

What's crazy the guy who owns the gs vette his wife just bought a 2011 Shelby gt 500 but ain't racing it....apparently she don't wont him breaking anything

DirtyD 06-19-2013 11:41 AM

Mustang VS Camaro Pre-Meet !!! June 15th

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 35509)
What's crazy the guy who owns the gs vette his wife just bought a 2011 Shelby gt 500 but ain't racing it....apparently she don't wont him breaking anything

Yeah, I've been talking to his wife on YouTube about videos and such of the races. She doesn't let him race her car at all. Lol

Anglwngss 06-19-2013 09:22 PM

Pictures I took are on Lone Star Camaro's Facebook page. The following link should get you there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lone-...=photos_stream

fordplay 06-20-2013 07:20 AM

Oh dirty... you've been talking to his wife huh?? Ha ha, OK so they (tech inspection) let's basic bolt on slide... and I'll more than bet cams and headers are snuck in .. well.. it appears I'll be a cheerleader this week as I'll have my son in the stands.. I'll bring beer in case you get eliminated early!!

Doug1227 06-20-2013 09:09 AM

What class would mine be in? The KB on a DR comes out pretty strong.

DirtyD 06-20-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 35607)
Oh dirty... you've been talking to his wife huh?? Ha ha, OK so they (tech inspection) let's basic bolt on slide... and I'll more than bet cams and headers are snuck in .. well.. it appears I'll be a cheerleader this week as I'll have my son in the stands.. I'll bring beer in case you get eliminated early!!

:lol:

I agree that cars should be inspected under and inside the engine bay. If they really wanted to make this fair, more people would come out and enjoy it.

I think Sportsman class should only be pony cars, not sports cars. Vettes are kind of hard to place because simple mods make them faster than most of the other current cars in Sportsman.

DirtyD 06-20-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 35610)
What class would mine be in? The KB on a DR comes out pretty strong.

You will be put in Super Car.

sasquash1984 06-20-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 35612)
You will be put in Super Car.

I would highly suggest that class unless u want stomped by the Subaru or trailered in drag cars in outlaw. Just check off factory supercharger and your gtg

DirtyD 06-20-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 35614)
I would highly suggest that class unless u want stomped by the Subaru or trailered in drag cars in outlaw. Just check off factory supercharger and your gtg

I think that's where he would fall anyways. Wasn't there another s/c 5.0 or 4.6 there Friday that was put into Supercar, only because they were originally N/A? To me, that makes the most sense. A N/A to super charged car should go Sportsman to Supercar. An already turbo or supercharged car that is given non stock components (bigger snails, Whipple, etc) should go to Outlaw from Supercar.

sasquash1984 06-20-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 35615)
I think that's where he would fall anyways. Wasn't there another s/c 5.0 or 4.6 there Friday that was put into Supercar, only because they were originally N/A? To me, that makes the most sense. A N/A to super charged car should go Sportsman to Supercar. An already turbo or supercharged car that is given non stock components (bigger snails, Whipple, etc) should go to Outlaw from Supercar.

Yeah I know half of the cars running super have lots of mods but the rules changed this year to have "legal" mods by shops hence why the officials put me in super and not outlaw even though I have cam and head work done. The rules state no engine internals or after market blowers or turbos, but like I said it falls onto how fast you run and what the officials say. For example if he comes out and blows the doors off that gtr he would get pushed over to outlaw.

DirtyD 06-20-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 35616)
Yeah I know half of the cars running super have lots of mods but the rules changed this year to have "legal" mods by shops hence why the officials put me in super and not outlaw even though I have cam and head work done. The rules state no engine internals or after market blowers or turbos, but like I said it falls onto how fast you run and what the officials say. For example if he comes out and blows the doors off that gtr he would get pushed over to outlaw.

Yeah. I completely agree. It's hard to judge the fastness of a car just off mods. I mean hell, there are guys out there in Cobras making 700 rwhp off the stock M112 Eaton that has been ported by Steigmeir to a Stage 5, and it still looks exactly like a stock blower on the outside. LOL

sasquash1984 06-20-2013 09:58 AM

Lol, I have a buddy from high school that has a 02 svt cobra with a mammoth kb blower he says he's putting 700 down but won't take it to the track I like common

Bearded Banger 06-20-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 35620)
Lol, I have a buddy from high school that has a 02 svt cobra with a mammoth kb blower he says he's putting 700 down but won't take it to the track I like common

There were only 100 or so 2002 cobras made an they were all shipped to Australia. If it is indeed an 02 it is very rare, and I wouldn't have KB it. I would have wrapped it in bubble wrap and stored it away.

DirtyD 06-20-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 35623)
There were only 100 or so 2002 cobras made an they were all shipped to Australia. If it is indeed an 02 it is very rare, and I wouldn't have KB it. I would have wrapped it in bubble wrap and stored it away.

Why did they skip 2002 anyways? I mean you go 99-01, then 03-04? I guess they needed time to upgrade the 99-01 after they sucked. Lol