Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mustang Vs Camaro Oct 5th....... (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2623)

Grandpa 10-04-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 52302)
Us peeps without cars to race are more finiky about the weather and less die-hard to go to the track... ;)

Agreed. Plus sleep is hard to come by with two little ones at home. I gotta get it when I can. lol

JDBishopArts 10-04-2013 10:36 PM

Hey guys. I have to be out there early tomorrow so people relying on me to run the premeet I can't anymore. Please talk with each other to see if y'all are still meeting up. I think Desoto is still a go with a few people.

wbt 10-05-2013 12:15 AM

Looks like rain tomorrow......

brtnstrns 10-05-2013 12:17 AM

Curious as to how many people are bailing out due to the rain. I've done too much work on my car this week in preparation to not go.

Slow Five-O 10-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtnstrns (Post 52328)
Curious as to how many people are bailing out due to the rain. I've done too much work on my car this week in preparation to not go.

It said it was going to rain earlier this week on Saturday, really I'm shocked that it was right! Lol.

But the forecast is why I'm choosing to go to the dfwmustangs thing Sunday rather than this. Is prefer this event but don't have time for both!

Will this event be able to be rescheduled if it comes down to it?

re-rx7 10-05-2013 09:11 AM

Still raining up here in OK. Looks like it should clear out ny afternoon. Just a question of how dry the track will be.

sasquash1984 10-05-2013 10:09 PM

i think team mustang won due to 39-20 cars after 2pm

Doug 10-06-2013 12:44 AM

:Good or Bad:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 52388)
i think team mustang won due to 39-20 cars after 2pm

Yep.

Grandpa 10-06-2013 10:22 AM

Had a close call on the way home. What I feared might happen almost did. The rain started coming down and a big rig went by us throwing even more water in our lane and the ass end of the car came right out of the lane sending us instantly sideways on the highway at 55mph. Thankfully no one else was around us and I pulled it back into our lane without flying into the wall. It scared the shit out of my poor wife who usually doesn't go out to car stuff with me very often, now she sees what she's been missing. lol.

I guess that's what I get for listening to you jerkoffs giving me shit for not driving the in the weather instead of sticking to I knew I should do. I'll clean up the car today since she is absolutely filthy from the rain and it will not be driven in the rain again. haha

rriddle3 10-06-2013 10:28 AM

Why not put street tires on the rear instead of DRs unless you're on the track?

Grandpa 10-06-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 52431)
Why not put street tires on the rear instead of DRs unless you're on the track?

It's not a daily and the drag radials are fine for good weather driving.

blownaltered 10-06-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 52430)
Had a close call on the way home. What I feared might happen almost did. The rain started coming down and a big rig went by us throwing even more water in our lane and the ass end of the car came right out of the lane sending us instantly sideways on the highway at 55mph. Thankfully no one else was around us and I pulled it back into our lane without flying into the wall. It scared the shit out of my poor wife who usually doesn't go out to car stuff with me very often, now she sees what she's been missing. lol.

I guess that's what I get for listening to you jerkoffs giving me shit for not driving the in the weather instead of sticking to I knew I should do. I'll clean up the car today since she is absolutely filthy from the rain and it will not be driven in the rain again. haha

If you would have stuck around there wouldn't have been an issue. I left at 5:15 and it was completely dry the entire way home till I was a mile from my house.

brtnstrns 10-06-2013 10:52 AM

:bawl:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2879/1...8fed1f9d_o.jpg

Grandpa 10-06-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 52436)
If you would have stuck around there wouldn't have been an issue. I left at 5:15 and it was completely dry the entire way home till I was a mile from my house.

We couldn't. Had limited babysitter time available.

sasquash1984 10-06-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 52434)
It's not a daily and the drag radials are fine for good weather driving.

this, i as well got caught in the rain not fun in drag tires