Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   400 Bone Stock Bitches, well with a tune from CTP hell ya (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3863)

blownaltered 03-28-2014 02:53 PM

That's not funny one of my cars actually caught on fire once. I didn't do it but it did happen.

Grandpa 03-28-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68163)
That's not funny one of my cars actually caught on fire once. I didn't do it but it did happen.

Gearheads FTW!!! :troll3:

DirtyD 03-28-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68162)
I swear, one of these days I will figure out how to communicate with your odd slighted logic. You're a puzzle, but I'll figure it out. lol

What's so odd? I just said not all driving is the same. There are different elements to each type of racing/driving that are more important than others. You can at least agree with that, right?

Grandpa 03-28-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 68166)
What's so odd? I just said not all driving is the same. There are different elements to each type of racing/driving that are more important than others. You can at least agree with that, right?

Yes, I agree with that much.

The difference is launching your car on street tires at the track really isn't any different than launching it on the street. It still requires finesse in both locations. With regular radials on a prepped surface at the track doesn't do anything other than tear up the track for cars with proper drag radials and slicks.

DirtyD 03-28-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68167)
Yes, I agree with that much.

The difference is launching your car on street tires at the track really isn't any different than launching it on the street. It still requires finesse in both locations. With regular radials on a prepped surface at the track doesn't do anything other than tear up the track for cars with proper drag radials and slicks.

Yeah, I rarely launch my car on the street as is. I've done it a few times, but with the sole purpose of spinning the tires just for the hell of it. :D Just haven't really worked on feathering the clutch and throttle, because I've never really found a place to do so safely.

BERT 03-28-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68163)

Actually that makes it even funnier :D

STROKD 03-28-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 68168)
Yeah, I rarely launch my car on the street as is. I've done it a few times, but with the sole purpose of spinning the tires just for the hell of it. :D Just haven't really worked on feathering the clutch and throttle, because I've never really found a place to do so safely.

Go out late one night and practice off every green light... if u can get across the intersection and be on the floor with no tire spin, you will be able to do it at the track... tracks are sticky, streets arent...

Zeek 03-28-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68176)
Go out late one night and practice off every green light... if u can get across the intersection and be on the floor with no tire spin, you will be able to do it at the track... tracks are sticky, streets arent...

Only reason I don't do this is because clutchs are expensive and I want mine to last as long as possible lol. But I'm also excited about getting a lightweight one. I'm rather torn if i wanna beat this one up fast and just pay for a lightweight one or baby it.

DirtyD 03-28-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

I'll try that. :beer:

Grandpa 03-28-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

To add to that, also learning how to "squeeze" the throttle rather than stabbing it will help too.

DirtyD 03-28-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68185)
To add to that, also learning how to "squeeze" the throttle rather than stabbing it will help too.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/61/618e3...7530f8592b.jpg

Grandpa 03-28-2014 05:44 PM

Chip, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!

Chip, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!

STROKD 03-28-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 68186)

Im not real sure what to do with my hands...

DirtyD 03-28-2014 05:48 PM

kdanner 03-29-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68153)
my grandma can win a NHRA Championship because she can drive a stick.

Careful, someone will run with that and the next thing you know the comments are from someone you don't even know that your g'ma is an NHRA champ and she bought the car for you or some crazy shit. Seriously. I just found mention of myself on some Boss forum tonight, and some chump there who I don't even know was telling people my car has an SCJ engine in it.