PDA

View Full Version : anyone into car audio here?

STROKD
01-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Wondering if anyone had an aftermarket stereo here. Been out of it a while and wanted to hear some newer stuff avail today.

pohnjarker
01-21-2013, 09:20 AM
nothing i have is really new...but my setup is:

JL comps up front, Focal rears, Kicker 1500.1 and i used to have an FI Sub but it blew so im looking at something else when i get home. i have the stock radio still so im using a line out converter to power the amp. decent setup and the Kicker is a beast so whatever sub i put to it, it'll thump. local shop is a dealer of American Bass and recommends them so i'll probably get an American Bass HD 12 sub and have him install everything.

i also have the comps inside the vents but will have to relocate as the Roush vent pod will be going in soon with the Aeroforce Interceptor.

DirtyD
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
I started to get in to it when I had my F150. But never really caught flight, and now with the 5.0, I find myself listening to the exhaust more than bumpin' around town.

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm really love music and I have all sorts of ways to play it the car. A 32g USB stick, the harddrive, Pandora, AmazonMp3 player, CD's etc.

As far as stereo equiptment, at most I might upgrade my speakers for clarity at some point, but I have no desire for some big super loud booming system in the car anymore. I was into that when I was 18 years old but I'm too old for the shit now.

Now that I can actually hear my car exhaust note now, a lot of times I don't even have the music on and enjoying the rumble of the car is more then enough for me. When you are a parent you quickly learn to appreciate the rare times of how much noise you let into your ears. lol.

"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode. :)

Bearded Banger
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode. :)

Breaking Benjamin covered thy song on the "Shallow Bay Best of" release. It's kind of cool. Might be worth checking out.

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Breaking Benjamin covered thy song on the "Shallow Bay Best of" release. It's kind of cool. Might be worth checking out.

Cool, I'll check that out.

<---major DM fan. :)

unreal
01-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Good car audio 10 years ago is still good today. I use to have some nice systems but now I don't care. I installed through college.

Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, CDT, ID etc are all still good last time I checked.

STROKD
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Good car audio 10 years ago is still good today. I use to have some nice systems but now I don't care. I installed through college.

Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, CDT, ID etc are all still good last time I checked.

You are right, not a lot of players changed just new technology is all. Friend at Earmark was trying to tell me new shit is better than old school shit so I wanted to hear it to believe it. Anything made from China audio wise can suck my ass for all I'm concerned. I have about 40-50 grand retail of shit in storage closet, all old school Phoenix Gold/Orion/Alpine/Focal/JL stuff. Steve's heard a couple of my stereos I've built. :)

The vert has a decent stereo in it, as does the ole Porsche. Ordered replacement amps for it last night and repaired the changer myself. Should have it fully functional again next weekend, might take a road trip in it for my birthday.

pohnjarker
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
i agree with those that love to listen to their exhaust also, i have to have something playing so i'll turn it down low and listen as i run through the gears around town.

but when i feel like bumpin...i bump!

Eaglei532
01-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Im into car stereo a bit. Done stereos in all my cars since high school. My cobra just got finished last week.
-Alpine in dash DVD/IPOD
-Infinity KAPPA 6.5 comps in front, KAPPA coax in rear
-MB Quart 4CH amp
-JL 10W3
-MB Quart 500x1 Amp
-A sh$t ton of dynomat

It sounds crisp and clear but doesn't overpower or rattle. Win. And all for around $1300

I also spend a lot of time listening to exhaust, the Bassani headers and X take care of that, but I like to have the option to bump

STROKD
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Having a loud ass stang for over 10 years, I'm tired of the exhaust. I'd drive a car that had no exhaust sound if I could (not a slow hybrid, and Tesla's can't run stereos) lol

GunsUp
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Haven't been into car audio much since I was 16-18. Earmark did all my work on all 3 of my previous cars but now all I get done is a hardwire kit for my 9500.

Back in the day I had some $600 Alpine head unit with the badasssss motorized screen lol I feel old. Had a couple JL W3's with a JL 1000/1 amp (blew the subs multiple times).

Miss highschool sometimes throwing 10 people in my Tahoe and bumping around town

BLK2012GT
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Talk to EW with autosound in Bedford.