PDA

View Full Version : Ticketed by Plano PD

merlinmol
01-20-2013, 11:43 PM
I was on my way home from a friends house in Wylie. Plano PD follows me for about 5 miles, then pulls me over and tickets me for making a wide right turn onto a street with no traffic at 9:30 at night. What a bunch of fucking bullshit.:mad:

Phuck Phace
01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
I was on my way home from a friends house in Wylie. Plano PD follows me for about 5 miles, then pulls me over and tickets me for making a wide right turn onto a street with no traffic at 9:30 at night. What a bunch of fucking bullshit.:mad:

That's a dick move, thought they only did that to see if you were drunk.

Midnight11
01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
in the stang or camaro?

03MachMe
01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
That's a dick move, thought they only did that to see if you were drunk.

I use it a lot to see what's going on with a car. Only write the ticket if they really ask for one. But some guys just like writing tickets. Sorry about your luck.

BLK2012GT
01-21-2013, 12:49 AM
What do you expect? Plano cops are dicks.

OG Fox
01-21-2013, 01:38 AM

contest it. i was given the same ticket by dallas pd after they searched my truck a year ago. i was courteous and compliant and he still gave me a ticket. i took it to court and it was dropped. Do not let the police push you around. I understand there are good cops. but some cops can go fuck themselves.

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 02:11 AM
What do you expect? Plano cops are dicks.

Henry, is that you?

BLK2012GT
01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Henry, is that you?

Lol

merlinmol
01-21-2013, 03:07 AM
in the stang or camaro?

In the Mustang.

l3g1t
01-21-2013, 03:35 AM
That's what they make 70k a year to do...

Sucks though maybe he was jealous?

Special K
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
In the Mustang.

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone being pulled over for this before! I guess I know to avoid Plano since I usually pull into the middle lane or at the very least, the lane that does NOT have an oncoming car in it!!!

Sorry about the ticket.. hopefully you can contest. Sounds pretty BS.

Phuck Phace
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
http://www.lavazone.org/sites/default/files/no_justice_no_peace_fuck_the_police!.jpg

Except for Ryan, he's cool.

(This thread needs more N.W.A.)

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
http://www.lavazone.org/sites/default/files/no_justice_no_peace_fuck_the_police!.jpg

Except for Ryan, he's cool.

(This thread needs more N.W.A.)

The greatest hits album rules! :Big Laugh:

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
I've actually trained with a lot of police officers over the years. Surprisingly, a lot of them are quite cool when they aren't wearing their uniforms. When they aren't on the job, they are just like anyone else. There has been a few Garland officers who attend our school that are even cool guys and I didn't think that was possible with Garland who have a major reputation for being assholes! lol.

But there is always some guys who can't leave the persona at work and constantly walk around with a chip on their shoulders. I've actually come to understand why they are that way though. Cops are human like anyone else, they tend to get jaded the longer they are on the job. Could you imagine dealing with the lowlifes of society on a everyday basis? Being lied to all day long, insulted, death, drugs etc. I think that would wear on anyone over time.

I think the most common pain in the ass cops that we tend to deal with are the overzealous rookies who haven't been out there long who still believe in their cause and have something to prove to their co-workers. We've had a couple of rookies come through our doors and even the senior officers don't like dealing with them. lmao.

blownaltered
01-21-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone being pulled over for this before! I guess I know to avoid Plano since I usually pull into the middle lane or at the very least, the lane that does NOT have an oncoming car in it!!!

I've been pulled over for this in Plano years ago. Bullshitted with the cop for about 15 minutes and he let me go. He had me for 3 different thing and I drove away without a ticket. Sometimes your attitude gets you the ticket. I've talked my way out of more tickets than I have received.

03MachMe
01-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I've been pulled over for this in Plano years ago. Bullshitted with the cop for about 15 minutes and he let me go. He had me for 3 different thing and I drove away without a ticket. Sometimes your attitude gets you the ticket. I've talked my way out of more tickets than I have received.

Attitude is everything. You prolly didn't talk your way out of the ticket you just didn't talk your way into one. 90% of the time the cop has made up his mind if he is going to give you a ticket or not, if they are planning on it there is very little you can say to get out of it. However if they are planning on giving you a warning, you can always talk your way into a ticket. That is all assuming you don't have warrants, evidence of drugs, no insurance, etc that is discovered after the stop.

merlinmol
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM

I rarely get pulled over and when I do I almost never get a ticket. My car being loud is why he started following me. I wasn't happy when he told me why he pulled me over, but I didn't do anything other than comply with his requests. I am sure he could tell I was frustrated, but not once was I disrespectful. I have no problems with officers doing there jobs or even getting a ticket when I am in the wrong, but I have a huge problem with harassment and an even bigger one with people on a power trip.

merlinmol
01-21-2013, 01:27 PM

I've never known anyone to get pulled over for this either. I'm going to try to contest it once I head up to the court, Plano cops tend to be the worst in my opinion.

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I've never known anyone to get pulled over for this either. I'm going to try to contest it once I head up to the court, Plano cops tend to be the worst in my opinion.

LOL. Try driving your car through south Garland. You will appreciate Plano in a hurry.

blownaltered
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM

Your car is no where near as loud as my 01 gt and I never got pulled over in it. I would actually have cops on the side of the road pointing at me when I drove by but never got stopped.

Now don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of cops that were pricks but for the most part they have been nice.

Special K
01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
I havent been pulled over since 2005 when I got 2 tickets in 2 weeks in my MSM Miata, both 50 in a 35. Ive never had a problem with a cop being rude or anything either.

Now please excuse me, I must go find some wood to bang on!

merlinmol
01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
LOL. Try driving your car through south Garland. You will appreciate Plano in a hurry.

Haha, guess we will see, course that depends on whether I have my car over there or not, not in Garland very often these days.

Attitude is everything. You prolly didn't talk your way out of the ticket you just didn't talk your way into one. 90% of the time the cop has made up his mind if he is going to give you a ticket or not, if they are planning on it there is very little you can say to get out of it. However if they are planning on giving you a warning, you can always talk your way into a ticket. That is all assuming you don't have warrants, evidence of drugs, no insurance, etc that is discovered after the stop.

Yeah, I wasn't happy when I got pulled over for doing nothing wrong and I was ready to be home anyways, so I just answered his questions and didn't say anything more.

I havent been pulled over since 2005 when I got 2 tickets in 2 weeks in my MSM Miata, both 50 in a 35. Ive never had a problem with a cop being rude or anything either.

Now please excuse me, I must go find some wood to bang on!

Haha, you are lucky, although the handful of times I have ever been pulled over, most have been nice.

Special K
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Haha, you are lucky, although the handful of times I have ever been pulled over, most have been nice.

I am usually crying by the time the officer gets to me...

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 02:59 PM
If a guy starts crying the cop might pull you out of the car for a roadside sobriety test. lol.

03MachMe
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I am usually crying by the time the officer gets to me...

That equals ticket every time for me lol

Special K
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
That equals ticket every time for me lol

At least I know when I fuck up and feel very badly about it!!!:worthy:

03MachMe
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
At least I know when I fuck up and feel very badly about it!!!:worthy:

Yea but most women use it just to get out of tickets. Usually honesty and a simple I know I was wrong and I'm sorry is the best chance to get off with a warning

Phuck Phace
01-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Just don't stop next time, drop it down a few gears and run.

blownaltered
01-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Just don't stop next time, drop it down a few gears and run.

I did that twice when I was in high school got away both times. Now I look back and think how stupid that was. Now I just pull over its not worth killing somebody and hell I don't even know why I took off I just saw the light and bolted. Dumb shit you do as a kid I guess.

Special K
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Yea but most women use it just to get out of tickets. Usually honesty and a simple I know I was wrong and I'm sorry is the best chance to get off with a warning

I actually have never tried to get out of a ticket, I just cry because I am a big baby and got caught. I mean at the end of the day I WAS in the wrong :)

Grandpa
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I did that twice when I was in high school got away both times. Now I look back and think how stupid that was. Now I just pull over its not worth killing somebody and hell I don't even know why I took off I just saw the light and bolted. Dumb shit you do as a kid I guess.

I wanted to get ARMBAR on my license plate to warn those PoPo's what they were about to get into if they stopped me, but I don't think it's available anymore. lol.

Ear rak
01-21-2013, 04:35 PM
I always wanted a plate with a bunch of 1's and I's so it was hard to read at quick glance.

Something like... I1I II1I

juiced86stang
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
I've been pulled over for that in Plano about 10 years or so ago. I did get the ticket dismissed though. Gotta watch out for the Plano cops though. Years ago I'm pretty sure I paid ones salary. Lol

Dark Pony
01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I got a ticket today for "No Right Turn On Red"...in Irving. Anybody know a good traffic attorney that represents Irving? F-ing motorcycle cops. Asked me for my license and came back 30 seconds later with ticket in hand. "Have a nice day day sir. Watch for those signs..."

MnemonicGhost
01-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Born and raised in Plano. I can't speak for all Plano cops, but the majority I met have always given me a more than fair treatment.

Now Texas state troopers on the other hand...... :nutkick:

Special K
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM
I got a ticket today for "No Right Turn On Red"...in Irving. Anybody know a good traffic attorney that represents Irving? F-ing motorcycle cops. Asked me for my license and came back 30 seconds later with ticket in hand. "Have a nice day day sir. Watch for those signs..."

Please tell me it wasn't 183 & Beltline south!

blownaltered
01-21-2013, 11:41 PM

I guess you should pay attention. It's not the cops fault you broke the law.

Courtesy Flush
01-22-2013, 01:33 PM

I know the spot. If i recall there is a sign stating no right turn on red there?

GunsUp
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't like cops but I respect that they're doing their job. Met some cool ones who were "protecting and serving me" and had a few bend me over without lube.

Famous last words "I'm just detaining you for your safety and mine"

Never gotten outta cuffs once they go on

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I don't like cops but I respect that they're doing their job. Met some cool ones who were "protecting and serving me" and had a few bend me over without lube.

Famous last words "I'm just detaining you for your safety and mine"

Never gotten outta cuffs once they go on

Usually if you have cuffs on you did something to put them there. I never seen a cop just randomly go around putting cuffs on people for no reason. lol.

GunsUp
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Usually if you have cuffs on you did something to put them there. I never seen a cop just randomly go around putting cuffs on people for no reason. lol.

Nah Steve you're right. I made some stupid decisions when I was young that I'm still paying for today.

I'm not bashing I have respect for the law. It's a tough job with all the crazies running around I understand they have to be cautious. My record doesn't do me any favors when I get pulled over. Been a good while tho

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Nah Steve you're right. I made some stupid decisions when I was young that I'm still paying for today.

I'm not bashing I have respect for the law. It's a tough job with all the crazies running around I understand they have to be cautious. My record doesn't do me any favors when I get pulled over. Been a good while tho

Everyone makes mistakes especially in our younger days. What's important is that you learn from them and not repeat those mistakes. I'm no different than you making my share of them over the years. Keep your head up and stay positive. :waytogo:

Special K
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I know the spot. If i recall there is a sign stating no right turn on red there?

Yes, its been there since I can remember. Irving PD writes so many tickets when they hang at the Chevron!!!

STROKD
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
That's what they make 70k a year to do...

Sucks though maybe he was jealous?

they make fucken 70k a year?! holy shit Im gonna go be a plano cop. Just call me Brian Earl Spliner.

STROKD
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM

lol, In Cali it was illegal for a stereo to be heard outside the vehicle past 50 feet... well, my Mustang and Integra you could hear from about half a mile... when I was playing it loudly, and passed a cop, Id just pause it and pull myself over... even before the cop would move sometimes. Confused the shit out a few of them, they'd be all "why did you stop", and I said "cause you are going to complain about my stereo, right?" half the time theyd laugh and just tell me to turn it down and let me go... was pretty funny to see their reactions... shit happened 2-4 times a WEEK, so I just started to help them pull me over so they wouldn't have to chase me...

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
they make fucken 70k a year?! holy shit Im gonna go be a plano cop. Just call me Brian Earl Spliner.

A five year Plano cop with no write ups or incidents makes 100k+. The same can be said for Frisco and Highland Park officers. It's good money for people with a normal job, but that is not near enough for what those guys have to do everyday.

Everytime they stick their hands in someone's pocket they risk getting poked catching AIDS. Screw that.

Fighting people everyday who might bite them could have AIDS. Hell no!

Get run over giving a ticket or working a wreck because some idiot is texting and driving not looking for a cop in the street. Fuck that!

Get called to a domestic dispute to intervene only for one of them to turn on you /shooting/stabbing you for arresting the person THEY called on!

Make a human mistake only for the city to throw you to wolves rather than back you up so the city doesn't get sued. FUCK THEM! lol

It takes a special kind of person want to be a cop and put up with that bullshit everyday. Getting paid 70k a year to babysit societies degenerates is not near enough and certainly not enough to put my life on the line for every day!

Courtesy Flush
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
A five year Plano cop with no write ups or incidents makes 100k+. The same can be said for Frisco and Highland Park officers. It's good money for people with a normal job, but that is not near enough for what those guys have to do everyday.

Everytime they stick their hands in someone's pocket they risk getting poked catching AIDS. Screw that.

Get run over giving a ticket or working a wreck because some idiot is texting and driving not looking for a cop in the street. Fuck that!

Get called to a domestic dispute to intervene only for one of them to turn on you /shooting/stabbing you for arresting the person THEY called on!

Make a human mistake only for the city to throw you to wolves rather than back you up so the city doesn't get sued. FUCK THEM! lol

It takes a special kind of person want to be a cop and put up with that bullshit everyday. Getting paid 70k a year to babysit societies degenerates is not near enough and certainly not enough to put my life on the line for every day!

End Of Watch, narrated by Steve.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
End Of Watch, narrated by Steve.

I guess I need to Google- End of Watch. lol.

Courtesy Flush
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM

better yet, pick it up on blu ray.

Came out late last year. basically shows the day to day of 2 LAPD officers.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM

That shows you how often I go to the movies. Maybe we go once or twice a year. lol

03MachMe
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM

One of the best police movies in a long time. They portray the relationship between officers perfectly.

Phuck Phace
01-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Better than Police Academy?

GunsUp
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Back to the OP's original topic on Plano PD. I've personally had 2 Plano LEO's cut me major slack. After they saw how respectful and knowledgeable about my current "situation" I was in. After figuring out everything they wrote reports in my favor giving me major breaks that I was able to handle much simpler in court than they could have dished out. Guess I've just been lucky with Plano.

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
I guess you should pay attention. It's not the cops fault you broke the law.

That's like saying you shouldn't be speeding, but Lord knows we all do...are you a cop?

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 04:28 PM

Yes, yes, that's the intersection...

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Better than Police Academy?

No way, not possible.

Phuck Phace
01-22-2013, 04:46 PM
I have received a shit ton of warnings for speeding, even at 2-3am in Dallas, Plano and even a MF'n Trooper on Bush. I'm always nice and we usually BS about the car and they just tell me to slow it down. The one prick (I call him Farva, from ST) that took me to jail was in Parker, he was a straight up diiiiick.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
You know that cop in Parker had been sitting there a LONG time waiting for someone interesting to come by. He saw you and it was like Christmas! lol.

blownaltered
01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
That's like saying you shouldn't be speeding, but Lord knows we all do...are you a cop?

No but if I get a ticket for speeding I don't blame the damn cop. I was speeding, am I pissed I got a ticket yes. But I'm mad at myself for getting caught not mad at the cop for catching me. Most cops have treated me fairly through the years but there have been the occasional dick.

Phuck Phace
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
You know that cop in Parker had been sitting there a LONG time waiting for someone interesting to come by. He saw you and it was like Christmas! lol.

Yeah, for some reason he got pissed when I lit up those tires right in front of the police station. Don't know why??? LOL

Special K
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Yes, yes, that's the intersection...

OMG. tisk tisk.... I love to watch people turn right there, especially when there is a bike cop @ Chevron. Or, since I turn from the left lane, I'll pull out to the person trying to turn right cant see... hence the reason for the "No Right Turn" :)

Courtesy Flush
01-22-2013, 05:18 PM
anyone see the irony in this photo and this thread?

http://i.imgur.com/mafsaQ0.jpg

03MachMe
01-22-2013, 05:18 PM

Yes.... and.......

BLK2012GT
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
yes.... And.......

lol

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 08:13 PM
No but if I get a ticket for speeding I don't blame the damn cop. I was speeding, am I pissed I got a ticket yes. But I'm mad at myself for getting caught not mad at the cop for catching me. Most cops have treated me fairly through the years but there have been the occasional dick.

Wow...I didn't realize your primary job was a Life Coach. I expressed that I was upset and that a motorcycle cop stopped me, but I never bashed the guy. I was more upset with the situation than anything.

blownaltered
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Wow...I didn't realize your primary job was a Life Coach. I expressed that I was upset and that a motorcycle cop stopped me, but I never bashed the guy. I was more upset with the situation than anything.

Yes I am a life coach

Lesson 1
Don't go on the Internet and bitch about a ticket and then expect sympathy.

Lesson 2
Pay ticket and it will be ok

Lesson 3
Relax it's the god damned Internet. :favorites37:

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Yes I am a life coach

Lesson 1
Don't go on the Internet and bitch about a ticket and then expect sympathy.

Lesson 2
Pay ticket and it will be ok

Lesson 3
Relax it's the god damned Internet. :favorites37:

1. This thread was started by someone complaining about a ticket.
2. Nobody asked for you to open your damn mouth.
3. If you were really a Life Coach, you would have found this a prime opportunity to :STFU:

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Dark Pony, I'll buy you lunch if you kick him in the nuts. :D

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM

Deal :D

blownaltered
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
1. This thread was started by someone complaining about a ticket.
2. Nobody asked for you to open your damn mouth.
3. If you were really a Life Coach, you would have found this a prime opportunity to :STFU:

Here is an idea for you there genius, don't post shit on the Internet and assholes like me won't make comments about. I only posted about your whiny post because you made one. If you never made the post I wouldn't have been able to comment on it. So in reality it is your fault I made the comment, you have no one to blame but yourself.

blownaltered
01-22-2013, 09:20 PM

Why are you always trying to get me hurt, you know I hate violence.

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm done with you. You're honestly not worth my time. I'd rather sit around flicking my pud, than to argue with a dumbass.

l3g1t
01-22-2013, 09:26 PM

Yeah, cops don't make enough. Evn in departments where people think its "safe" if you're a cop it's not safe bottom line. I was on the path to try to get on at ft worth but got offered the job I have now and I couldn't turn it down.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Why are you always trying to get me hurt, you know I hate violence.

You attract violence! lol.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Btw, didn't you two meet at the photo GTG and get along just fine? lol

blownaltered
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM

:lol:

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
:lol:

http://www.funsted.com/pdata/t/1994.jpg

STROKD
01-22-2013, 11:20 PM

FANTASTIC MOVIE... its like Southland the tv series but even more hardcore... cant wait for it to come out on BD, it's been out of the theaters forever.

Dark Pony
01-22-2013, 11:25 PM

Actually, yes. I thought he was very nice guy. Maybe we should stick to talking in person :iranmaybe:

Courtesy Flush
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
FANTASTIC MOVIE... its like Southland the tv series but even more hardcore... cant wait for it to come out on BD, it's been out of the theaters forever.

Hit the shelves today.

STROKD
01-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Hit the shelves today.

SICK what good timing! Im going to BB tomorrow, thanks for the heads up!

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 11:56 PM
SICK what good timing! Im going to BB tomorrow, thanks for the heads up!

I just checked and it's on On Demand if you have that.

STROKD
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I just checked and it's on On Demand if you have that.
I don't. But I buy all my fav movies on BD because they sound much better and the picture is sharper in true 1080p24fps.. My I net isn't fast enuf to stream over 720p, and for a movie like this, I like to watch 2-5 times in a year or so, comes out cheaper to just buy it on sale eventually.