PDA

View Full Version : Job Hunting

1andonlywhitie
01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey guys,

Just a little feeler thread out to my fellow DFW guys/gals. I'm currently (and have been for a little while) looking for job opportunities. I'm leaning towards management roles as I have experience but I'm open to just about anything. I wanna try stay around the Allen/Plano area but I'm willing to travel a little for a good opportunity.

I can supply a resume, I just wanted to see if anyone out there knows of anywhere I should send my information to.

Thanks guys,
David

Zeek
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
What kind of work do you do? Like where have you worked?

1andonlywhitie
01-18-2013, 07:59 PM
What kind of work do you do? Like where have you worked?

My first job was at a carwash where I progressed to a manager position, after that was Repco (Australian AutoZone), then I moved here and Ive worked at both a performance shop and currently an automotive accessory store, both of which Ive basically run the businesses for little to no pay.

I have a Diploma in design and animation and a lot of management experience but its time I got what I deserve for how hard I work.

Phuck Phace
01-18-2013, 08:20 PM
My first job was at a carwash where I progressed to a manager position, after that was Repco (Australian AutoZone), then I moved here and Ive worked at both a performance shop and currently an automotive accessory store, both of which Ive basically run the businesses for little to no pay.

I have a Diploma in design and animation and a lot of management experience but its time I got what I deserve for how hard I work.

Animation? What programs you use, Max, Maya?

1andonlywhitie
01-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Animation? What programs you use, Max, Maya?

I used Maya but its been a while now. I graduated in 2008 and havent had access to it since. I use a lot of the principles I learnt in design but I'm a little rusty on the animation front.

Zeek
01-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Well Pepsi is always hiring. Operators make about $16a hr to start and Mechanics (thats me) start around 23hr. Operators dont need any prior skills really........

1andonlywhitie
01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Well Pepsi is always hiring. Operators make about $16a hr to start and Mechanics (thats me) start around 23hr. Operators dont need any prior skills really........

Applied there. Thanks man!

Now to keep looking...

Phuck Phace
01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Good luck, I talked to some people at my work and they weren't looking for more people yet.

jayman33
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey guys,

Just a little feeler thread out to my fellow DFW guys/gals. I'm currently (and have been for a little while) looking for job opportunities. I'm leaning towards management roles as I have experience but I'm open to just about anything. I wanna try stay around the Allen/Plano area but I'm willing to travel a little for a good opportunity.

I can supply a resume, I just wanted to see if anyone out there knows of anywhere I should send my information to.

Thanks guys,
David

I heard the Army is taking applications!

merlinmol
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
My company is not currently hiring, if I see something open I will keep ya in mind.

Midnight11
01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
It takes a while. I just got mine today after almost a year since I graduated college!

BLK2012GT
01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
It takes a while. I just got mine today after almost a year since I graduated college!

What type of job did you get?

Zeek
01-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Applied there. Thanks man!

Now to keep looking...

What position and whats your name i can talk to a supervisor and they can push you through

1andonlywhitie
01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
What position and whats your name i can talk to a supervisor and they can push you through

I filled out the online form where you upload your resume and details. My name's David White. I can't ask you to push my name through for me, of course I'd appreciate it but I don't by any means expect it.

Zeek
01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
All they do is send your name to HR so they can get the ball rolling for a interview....... you applied for a specific position right?

TrueStreetTim
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Cool to see folks helping out here on DFW 5.0! :gathering:

1andonlywhitie
01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
All they do is send your name to HR so they can get the ball rolling for a interview....... you applied for a specific position right?

I looked but theres nothing I'm qualified for that fits. I'll need to do some more looking through when I get off work. I submitted my resume but ill look more thouroughly tonight. :)

1andonlywhitie
02-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Still looking...

Owed a few weeks pay now and still coming in to work.. (I'm too nice, I know.).

I'm looking into dealership jobs, Service Advisor or something in parts, I've been hitting up all my local dealers every day but if anyone has a lead on something like this I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for something with secure income if possible...

STROKD
02-05-2013, 02:22 AM
Owed a few weeks pay now and still coming in to work.. (I'm too nice, I know)...

Is your name Milton?

Phuck Phace
02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Is your name Milton?

I have his stapler.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/s1roush/Swingline_zpscbfe5d36.jpg

1andonlywhitie
02-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Is your name Milton?

Not sure if this is a joke I don't get or a serious question, its David actually. Lol.

Courtesy Flush
02-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Not sure if this is a joke I don't get or a serious question, its David actually. Lol.

Its a joke, He's referring to Milton a character from the late 90's movie Office Space.

STROKD
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Its a joke, He's referring to Milton a character from the late 90's movie Office Space.

Milton was fired from his job, but they never told him, and the company kept paying him accidently through some "glitch" in payrole...

he kept going to his job even after they "fixed the glitch" and stopped paying him because they never actually told him he was fired.:rotflmao:

I figured it might go over your head, rent the movie Office Space.

1andonlywhitie
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Still looking guys...

I've talked to a WHOLLEEE bunch of dealerships, even had chats with managers but no-one ever calls back or has anything to offer.

I hate stressing about money, it sucks. Lol. If you hear of any openings at big companies (I don't wanna do small business jobs anymore, not enough security.) let me know, thanks guys.

1andonlywhitie
02-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Just an update for everyone, I will be starting at Richardson Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram in a day or so. They're just waiting to get my drivers license history back but I called and talked with them today and I got told I'm hired once they get their paperwork in.

I just wanna thank everyone that gave leads or suggestions! If you guys need anything from me just gimme a shout!

03MachMe
02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
just be sure to put the temp plate on the rear when you take people out for a test drive. I hear some of the Richardson cops hate when they dont do that......

DirtyD
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
just be sure to put the temp plate on the rear when you take people out for a test drive. I hear some of the Richardson cops hate when they dont do that......
:lol:

Zeek
02-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Just an update for everyone, I will be starting at Richardson Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram in a day or so. They're just waiting to get my drivers license history back but I called and talked with them today and I got told I'm hired once they get their paperwork in.

I just wanna thank everyone that gave leads or suggestions! If you guys need anything from me just gimme a shout!

Yeah fine me a Dodge 2500 or 3500 srw diesel with around 100k for 20k or less thats 05 or newer!

1andonlywhitie
03-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah fine me a Dodge 2500 or 3500 srw diesel with around 100k for 20k or less thats 05 or newer!

I'll keep an eye out for ya man!

Geez I'm excited about getting an actual paycheck. Lol.