PDA

View Full Version : First noise complaint...

Dark Pony
01-12-2013, 12:30 PM
The lady two houses down decides to come over and ask me to quit revving my engine...First off, I don't rev my engine at home. I have a bit more respect for my neighbors than that. I do apologize that my car idles at a high rpm when it's cold, but that's only temporary. "Well can you keep it down?!" Yes, as soon as you find a muzzle, let me know...

:yourself:

Grandpa
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
"Well can you keep it down?!" Yes, as soon as you find a muzzle, let me know...

Exactly. As long as you aren't being an asshole driving high RPM down the street then she needs to mind her own damn business. I creep through our neighborhood keeping it down on purpose but there is still one guy down the street who sits outside to smoke who likes to complain about the noise level of my Stangs and my neighbors two V6 Camaros that sound like Hondas.

merlinmol
01-12-2013, 02:06 PM
The lady two houses down decides to come over and ask me to quit revving my engine...First off, I don't rev my engine at home. I have a bit more respect for my neighbors than that. I do apologize that my car idles at a high rpm when it's cold, but that's only temporary. "Well can you keep it down?!" Yes, as soon as you find a muzzle, let me know...

I guess I am lucky, my neighbors at my apartments are really cool about it. They know that I try to keep it as quiet as possible when I have the 'stang. I think it helps that I know all of them and chat with them regularly.

46Tbird
01-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Didn't you custom build the loudest exhaust you could for your car?

Dark Pony
01-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Didn't you custom build the loudest exhaust you could for your car?

I custom built my exhaust, yes. But, to be the loudest I could make it, no...lol. Secondly, the lady that came over to bitch at me, has a son that owns a 4.6 and a G35...

Courtesy Flush
01-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I custom built my exhaust, yes. But, to be the loudest I could make it, no...lol. Secondly, the lady that came over to bitch at me, has a son that owns a 4.6 and a G35...

To be fair, your exhaust is pretty loud man.

Dark Pony
01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
To be fair, your exhaust is pretty loud man.

Ya know, my fiancé half way took sides with the neighbor too...

Courtesy Flush
01-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Ya know, my fiancé half way took sides with the neighbor too...

smart lady.

Dark Pony
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
smart lady.

I find it funny how she found the right opportunity to let me know how she felt.

STROKD
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
I've only been yelled at once (the cops were called and showed up in my driveway)... When they left the guy who called them yelled at me for waking his kid up...

To be fair it was 2 in the afternoon on a weekday, but I did start my blown 408 with 2 inch headers that fed a 3.5 inch collector, open headered and revved it a few times. I'm pretty sure it was shaking most of my neighbors couches for a few minutes.:hands:

Joey
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I've only been yelled at once (the cops were called and showed up in my driveway)... When they left the guy who called them yelled at me for waking his kid ps:

happened to me here in TN, per the request of the mayor upon dispatch to my lovely house I gladly fired up my car for him and he said to me ... Oh well your perfectly fine she's gonna have to just deal with it...:fuckyea:

Cliff note: she said I was speeding up and down my street (20mph) revving it at 5am and revving it all day long

Local police actuall set a car in the early am for a few days in a row to see if it was true the cop in informed me .....

blownaltered
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
As loud as my old 01 gt was I never got a complaint from any of my neighbors. I had a guy bitch at an intersection once but that was it.

merlinmol
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I almost forgot, when I first got back from Vegas/SEMA I brought the car to the office and gave some rides. The first was my boss and I went WOT which pretty much sounds like a race car. When I went to take one of my friends out on the 2nd ride we had a police car follow us the entire trip. He stopped once we got back to the office and said they had complaints. Instead of telling me to not run it hard he asked that I take it to the highway next time :D.... he must have liked the car.

jpgraham65
01-13-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't understand how this can happen, I moved here from Iowa and it seems like every pick-up truck here has loud aftermarket exhausts. You guys must have bone shaking exhausts!

Luke
01-13-2013, 03:05 AM
Most of my neighbors seem to be retired and they're either deaf or just don't like confrontation. I do my best to keep things quiet but a couple of my cars are pretty loud when starting, that and I have a few friends that show up with loud cars as well. Haven't had a complaint yet.

03MachMe
01-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Neither of my mustangs were ever really loud but never had any problems. Even when I lived in denton with 2 other mustangs with exhaust. Plus I have always gotten off work at about 2 or 3am.

pohnjarker
01-13-2013, 04:58 AM
i live on a street with lifted truck and loud ass exhausts so i dont expect anyone would complain to me, although i dont rev down my street either.

the only person that ever says anything to me is my aunt and uncle across the street, they always say they can hear when i come and go if they are home.

oh well, that'll stop soon once i get the GT500s sitting in my storage unit on!!

sucks your fiance has a problem with it...my wife didnt like how loud mine was when i was running cat deletes and muffler deletes but only brought it up once so i know how that goes...

Luke
01-13-2013, 10:21 AM
My wife's almost the opposite, the louder it is the more she wants to drive it. Unless it's ricer loud, she hates that shit more than I do.

Dark Pony
01-13-2013, 10:27 AM
i live on a street with lifted truck and loud ass exhausts so i dont expect anyone would complain to me, although i dont rev down my street either.

the only person that ever says anything to me is my aunt and uncle across the street, they always say they can hear when i come and go if they are home.

oh well, that'll stop soon once i get the GT500s sitting in my storage unit on!!

sucks your fiance has a problem with it...my wife didnt like how loud mine was when i was running cat deletes and muffler deletes but only brought it up once so i know how that goes...

Oh, she likes being in the car and riding around in it. It being loud when we're driving isn't the issue. She also claims my car wakes her up and shakes the glass in the shower at 6:00 in the morning when I leave.

You said your wife had a problem with cat and muffler deletes...lol. That's why I'm having complaints.

jayman33
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
My neigbors call me the weather man, they know its going to be nice outside if they hear my car at 5 in the morning.

merlinmol
01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
I don't understand how this can happen, I moved here from Iowa and it seems like every pick-up truck here has loud aftermarket exhausts. You guys must have bone shaking exhausts!

My exhaust is MBRP's catted race exhaust, its pretty much 1 7/8 headers with catted 3" straight pipes, loud isn't even accurate.

Dark Pony has pretty much the same exhaust except his is custom made and it has no cat's.

Grandpa
01-13-2013, 11:57 AM
She also claims my car wakes her up and shakes the glass in the shower at 6:00 in the morning when I leave.

Okay, if it is that loud, I can understand why people are complaining. That is abit ridiculous and don't know why you would want it that loud. It's a daily driver and not a race car.

Dark Pony
01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Okay, if it is that loud, I can understand why people are complaining. That is abit ridiculous and don't know why you would want it that loud. It's a daily driver and not a race car.

The restroom shares walls with the garage

Grandpa
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
The restroom shares walls with the garage

Again, it's a daily, not a race car. No need for it to be THAT loud. If there is multiple people complaining, there just might be something to it.

Dark Pony
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Multiple people, being one neighbor and my fiancé. I think I'm alright for now. Yes, it is a daily, not a race car. I don't treat it like a race car. The beautiful thing about everyone's cars, is that we all have different tastes and different opinions. I'll stick with mine for now.

G-Mann
01-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm running kooks LT's, catted H and Borla Touring (I had the S-type). I keep my garage door shut when I fire her up for any cold start then let the RPM's drop before I open up the garage door. I then do my best job at trying to creep out the neighborhood after that. They really have no clue as to how loud the car can really be. There are a couple trucks on my street that are as loud if not louder, thank goodness.

Luke
01-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Dark Pony, it's a daily, not a race car! :beatdeadhorse5: I know what you're saying though, my car is pretty loud in parts of the house when I start it in the garage. I do my best to not annoy the neighbors.

pohnjarker
01-14-2013, 01:24 AM
You said your wife had a problem with cat and muffler deletes...lol. That's why I'm having complaints.

nice!!

my wife doesnt like the attention she gets from guys when she drove it so loud. she said it embarassed her...lol.

i'm having her take the car to a local shop this week to take off the muffler deletes and install the GT500 mufflers i have in storage. should be much better for her now...although she wont be driving much since she has her own car now!!!!

kanetrain
01-14-2013, 07:42 PM
My car isn't "loud" by any means, it only has the hushpower alxe back and cat deletes so it's pretty mild, but when I start it cold it's, by far, the loudest car I've ever had. I believe you 100%, these things are crazy loud when they are started cold.

brembo12
01-16-2013, 04:58 AM
I guess I am lucky, my neighbors at my apartments are really cool about it. They know that I try to keep it as quiet as possible when I have the 'stang. I think it helps that I know all of them and chat with them regularly.

noob here, jw...sorry about the threadjack.......that is one nice damn car in Performance White :rocking: I am looking around for a new one with Recaros as well.......to replace my 2012 or I just keep this one and mod the hell out of it. :Caffeine:

back on exhaust subject...my car is stock now but I do have a magnaflow x pipe and a full stainless system in the box.......not installed.....I would use restraint to avoid any confrontations with the neighbors. :)

1andonlywhitie
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
My neighbors don't mind my car, or my Mum's C/S. They all slow down to check out my truck if it's at home too.

Funny story though is that my neighbors right next to me were in their backyard one day, we heard their kid say "Daddy, why don't you get a Mustang?" to which the father replies "Because Mustangs are for 20 year olds and people that like to show off."

I laughed. He has a Camry.

pohnjarker
01-18-2013, 05:02 AM
noob here, jw...sorry about the threadjack.......that is one nice damn car in Performance White :rocking: I am looking around for a new one with Recaros as well.......to replace my 2012 or I just keep this one and mod the hell out of it. :Caffeine:

back on exhaust subject...my car is stock now but I do have a magnaflow x pipe and a full stainless system in the box.......not installed.....I would use restraint to avoid any confrontations with the neighbors. :)

keep the 12 and mod the hell out of it...it looks better anyways

install the exhaust, they'll get used to it

brembo12
01-24-2013, 03:42 AM
keep the 12 and mod the hell out of it...it looks better anyways

install the exhaust, they'll get used to it

yeah........we are in the process of getting all the parts to just make the rear end 2013/GT500 quad exhaust.....I actually like the 2012 front better...but I like the 2013 rear design better, the tails, lighting system currently used by Ford......

pics in due time..... :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

BlueBolt
01-24-2013, 09:07 AM
yeah........we are in the process of getting all the parts to just make the rear end 2013/GT500 quad exhaust.....I actually like the 2012 front better...but I like the 2013 rear design better, the tails, lighting system currently used by Ford......

pics in due time..... :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

Are you talking about putting the 13 rear on the 12 you have? If so I don't think that swap is easy if it is possible. You'd need taillights, whole rear bumper and to make it look right the painted side skirts. That's if it's actually posssible.
If you really want the quad tips magnaflow makes a axle back that has quad tips and comes with a template to cut the rear of the 12 but I think it looks like crap.

virtu
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Quit pissing off your neighbor and find a solution to the problem. Buy her some roses for V-Day? lol

saunupe1911
02-01-2013, 05:41 PM
I left a little late one morning, opened the garage, cranked her up, but then went back into the house to grab a water. I came back out and this little kid ran up to the garage from the corner bus stop and says "I think you have coolest car ever. Is it a Boss?" I'm thinking wow...little man knows his cars. I said "No, it's not a Boss but the backend has been converted to a GT500 and the rest is my own personal touches." Then he says "Well I listen for you every morning and I was thinking, dang I hope he hasn't gone. Then my friends says welp there he is. He hasn't left."

That deep, mello GT500 axleback sound is amazing and it should come stock on all Mustangs. All my neighbors ask to me rev it, even the 60 yr old retired school teacher. I may dread the day I move into a more upscale West Frisco neighborhood.