PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 on the race track

jpgraham65
01-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone has gone to a real race track (one with turns) and have had the chance to run against any of the sports cars past or present. In particular, how'd you do against camaros, challengers, vettes, 370Zs, etc. What were your mods and how did you feel your car stacked up to what's out there? What mod did you think was most crucial for blowing doors off, taking hairpin corners?

DirtyD
01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Vorshlag does so, and Blue Devil does as well. I think a few people have some true road courses.

jpgraham65
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Guess I should've been more clear, I'm looking for 5.0s that have been more similar to original, may be a CAI and a tune, springs and /or shocks, at the most a blower or turbo. Definitely not a pro setup like Vorshlag or Blue Devil.

DirtyD
01-12-2013, 12:02 AM
IDK if I would really call Dale's car pro, but it is built with a purpose. I want to start getting into road courses, and my car is a I/E car that will add a tune and ORH this summer. I'm also on BMR springs, and will do struts before I start.

46Tbird
01-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Vorshlag just bought a 2013 to do double duty - a daily driver and ESP autocross car. Might be what you're looking for.

There is a reason you wont find many (any?) near stock 5.0s on road courses. The suspension is pure shit and the brakes are worse. The BBP cars are somewhat better but even then anyone that is truly serious about lap times on a road course will have the stock suspension and brakes in the dumpster after the first weekend.

And lol at only real tracks having turns. I've competed in several autocross and road course events and all the guys that suck at drag racing suck at turns too.

jpgraham65
01-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Guess I should've worded that differently, I wasn't trying to downplay the skill required for drag racing, just wanted to find out how these cars perform on a race track.