PDA

View Full Version : Boost Controller

Phuck Phace
01-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I think I want this.

http://greddy-usa.blogspot.com/2012/10/greddy-profec-electronic-boost.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zcLTaK96WBI/UI8O0rAZ3VI/AAAAAAAADXY/mp51J-0Nhgo/s1600/Profec_25c.jpg

Grandpa
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
You have the wrong power adder for that. lol

Phuck Phace
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
You have the wrong power adder for that. lol

I want to run this with a wastegate and use it to turn down boost for the few times when I am not on E85 so I don't have to swap pulleys. No?

STROKD
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
I want to run this with a wastegate and use it to turn down boost for the few times when I am not on E85 so I don't have to swap pulleys. No?

It can be done. Turbopeople did this to a Fox a few years back with a YSi on it...

Grandpa
01-10-2013, 06:52 PM

That is more variables than I am personally comfortable with having on my car. Controller can fail, spring in the wastegate, bad fuel. There is a reason why turbo cars spend more time on jackstands rather than running. lol

03MachMe
01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Looks bad ass tho

Phuck Phace
01-10-2013, 09:36 PM
I think the Eboost2 would fit better, now where to cleanly install the Greddy one.
http://www.turbosmart.com.au/product/e-boost-2

Midnight11
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
on the dash

46Tbird
01-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Someone please explain how this would work on a supercharged car.

zemog255
01-10-2013, 10:29 PM

You're going to have to switch tunes when your're not on E85 that will knock the power down quite a bit. If thats your main reason for wanting the boost controller.
Unless you plan on running alot of boost that you can't tune for it on pump gas then its worth a shot.

Toby
01-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Yesser, we can do that! It can also make that centri blower, act more like a twin screw if you want....

Phuck Phace
01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
on the dash
Yep

Someone please explain how this would work on a supercharged car.
It's a long read but they talk about it in this thread:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78211

You're going to have to switch tunes when your're not on E85 that will knock the power down quite a bit. If thats your main reason for wanting the boost controller.
Unless you plan on running alot of boost that you can't tune for it on pump gas then its worth a shot.
Yep, that is what I would do to drop from say 16 to 9lbs. It isn't my daily driver, just on weekends so more than likely it will always be full of E85.

Yesser, we can do that! It can also make that centri blower, act more like a twin screw if you want....
I need to look into it more and see how much it will cost. Would be pretty kick ass. May have to wait though, I know the Fuel System and Injectors are going to be pretty expensive. I will try and stop by Saturday and talk to you guys about it.

Grandpa
01-10-2013, 11:56 PM
You have officially gone race car. lol.

Midnight11
01-11-2013, 01:23 AM
yea everyone is leaving steve in the dust lol

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 01:25 AM
yea everyone is leaving steve in the dust lol

LOL..keep thinkin that. :Big Laugh:

Midnight11
01-11-2013, 01:28 AM
and you keep thinking that ;)

Phuck Phace
01-11-2013, 01:38 AM
What are you all thinking about?

Midnight11
01-11-2013, 01:41 AM
double ds paradise haha

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 01:58 AM
double ds paradise haha

Son, I've been living that dream since you were in grade school. lol.

Midnight11
01-11-2013, 02:06 AM
oh really?:worthy:

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 02:09 AM
And no, you fuckers don't get any pics. lol.

Slow6
01-11-2013, 12:33 PM
I have the eboost 2 in the cup holder. Works great for covering it up when you dont want it seen. I just had to cut the bottom of the front holder out and it sits at a perfect height to reach without having to go to far into the cupholder.

There is a guy Ive been working with for about a year, for building parts for the 3.7, that is running a P1sc with a 3.0" pulley and a 50mm wastegate and a manual boost controller. He is hitting 12 psi on full boost but is making 5psi at 3000rpm. he tops the 12psi out at 6000rpm and runs it to 7400rpm like I was. Has a great curve that looks like a turbo. this option is what i was going to do and where he actually got the idea before I blew my engine. It can be done for pretty cheap on the Procharger kits and works great.

As for being worried about things going wrong. Shit happens you just build it better next time. Quit being such a girl, its just a car.

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
As for being worried about things going wrong. Shit happens you just build it better next time. Quit being such a girl, its just a car.

I hate wasting money on a car. I've been doing this so long now and made the mistakes. Now, I take my time, select my parts with research with my long term goal for the car in mind. Part of the goal is not to let it get it crazy racecar type out of hand. A car sitting at the shop for months on end is NOT fun at all. I HATE IT.

I admit it, it's funny everyone giving me a hard time about modding so slow. lol

Slow6
01-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Im just busting your balls. i hate my car being down for months and still not being perfect but I deal with it. Ive built many racecars and this electronic crap is pissing me off for a modern car. I roadrace so its more about knowning how to drive and have the equipment to let you push the limits, I dont see it as wasting money unless Im not getting a good ROI for the effort and capitol invested. I dont see my car as a waste yet due to the fact that it put me in highly competitive racing classes with very good drivers that I can truly learn from. if I would have stopped modding awhile ago then I wouldnt be able to push myself to become a better driver. Besides Its only a waste if you dont have the money to do it to begin with.

And if it wasnt for stock 5.0's then what would use little 3.7 guys be able to hang with.... were also slow remember.

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
What i mean by wasting money is by just throwing parts at a car without any plan in mind . Ended up buying parts two and three times changing combos too much. I dont mean the hobby is a waste on the whole. Hopefully you didnt take it that way.

BLK2012GT
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Waste of money:slap:

blownaltered
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
What i mean by wasting money is by just throwing parts at a car without any plan in mind . Ended up buying parts two and three times changing combos too much. I dont mean the hobby is a waste on the whole. Hopefully you didnt take it that way.

I did so give me your car you don't deserve it. And here's for the double d's, this is what Steve looks like at night. :baby:

Slow6
01-11-2013, 05:54 PM
That is how I took it but I see what you are saying now in your comment. I have bought many parts two and three times when building a car, this car also, even though I had a plan starting out. My issue has been that we, the 3.7 guys, dont have a strong aftermarket to build from so believe it or not I, personally, have been working with companies, MMR, BBR, CFM, Hellion, Manley, ARP, multiple individuals and even True Street to get parts built for the 3.7 platform. And Im not even close to being finished yet. Its already hard to go fast but its even harder and 3x as costly to be the first one to go fast on a new platform, being the 3.7L. Im already planning on changing my suspention for the third time on my car in two years just to keep up with other upgrades and new products that better fit my driving and personal taste, along with new class requirements and deregulations. Again I dont see it as a waste due to my percieved ROI for my pursuit. I have had alot of guys look at me with blank faces and start questioning what all is actually done to my car when I tell them how much it has cost me to get it where it is but I can also say I have the highest HP and fastest 3.7 in the country and have for the last 1.5 years (Thank you very much to True Street for that rite to say). I guess bragging rights are still good enough even if I wasnt dedicated to the roadcourse. lol

I can respect the idea of not modding a beautiful car but it still seems like an alien thought to me.

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I can respect the idea of not modding a beautiful car but it still seems like an alien thought to me.

Oh, make no mistake I have every intention of modifying this car to the performance level I've come to expect from my cars. I just have to do so carefully and planning it. With a wife and kids, I can't be buying parts two and three times. I also have to shop for the best deals I can get.

blownaltered
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Oh, make no mistake I have every intention of modifying this car to the performance level I've come to expect from my cars. I just have to do so carefully and planning it. With a wife and kids, I can't be buying parts two and three times. I also have to shop for the best deals I can get.

The slow performance level that your used to. :rotflmao:
That's ok man just enjoy the light show. :winner_second_h4h:

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
The slow performance level that your used to. :rotflmao:
That's ok man just enjoy the light show. :winner_second_h4h:

LOL, I'd be surprised if you even know how to do it right. Your highly modified car couldn't hang with my stock car before. A few mods and you're getting drug....again. :troll3:

STROKD
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
LOL, I'd be surprised if you even know how to do it right. Your highly modified car couldn't hang with my stock car before. A few mods and you're getting drug....again. :troll3:

wow.:buttkick:

blownaltered
01-11-2013, 07:35 PM

You just wish you had a good looking vert to drive around. :pedobear:

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
You just wish you had a good looking vert to drive around. :pedobear:

That is true. I love verts, especially in the Spring time.

blownaltered
01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
That is true. I love verts, especially in the Spring time.

Just wait the wing is about to come off and she is getting all new lights all the way around. Some new interior stuff, a little motor stuff and she will be ready for the spring.

Grandpa
01-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Just wait the wing is about to come off and she is getting all new lights all the way around. Some new interior stuff, a little motor stuff and she will be ready for the spring.

Nice!!

blownaltered
01-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Nice!!

Probably going to start working on some of the things next weekend.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
01-12-2013, 04:11 PM
E-boost 2 is the only way!!!