PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else...

l3g1t
01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
...have to leave their baby in the rain? :( unfortunately I live an apt with no garages right now so it's having to sit in this crappy weather. Does anyone else have to do this?

STROKD
01-08-2013, 07:48 PM
...have to leave their baby in the rain? :( unfortunately I live an apt with no garages right now so it's having to sit in this crappy weather. Does anyone else have to do this?

Luckily no, I have 5 storage bays and a 2 car currently. All the cars are covered up for this storm.

Grandpa
01-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Thankfully no. I only drive it on nice days its not my daily.

DirtyD
01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
I have an open air parking lot at work, and then the drive home. I'm tempted to just leave it out tonight so it will get a good washing.

But it's chilling in the garage right now...sopping wet. :(

03MachMe
01-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Luckily I'm off today so it hasnt seen the rain yet todat. But about to head out for some cigars so that will give me a good excuse to wash it tmrw lol

Taxman
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I daily drive mine and it's soaked.

GunsUp
01-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Mines in the garage. But also doesn't run...

blownaltered
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Garage queen here. I wouldn't want to drive it with the mickeys on the back in the rain

Crash
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Sadly yes I have the garage full of boxes and most of the parts from my first mustang slowly rebuilding it and since there is no primer or paint on the frame I gotta store it so it won't rust

l3g1t
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Garage queen here. I wouldn't want to drive it with the mickeys on the back in the rain

Can't imagine that'd be a fun ride.

The day it hailed which I think was Christmas Day I wasn't fast enough so it got hit for about 2 mins before I could "borrow" one if the covered spots, and apparently it chipped some paint off. I hope there's an easy/cheap fix for the small spots. Can't wait to have a garage so I can detail it and let it sit when it rains

pohnjarker
01-08-2013, 08:43 PM
for now...i have a ton of trees in my yard so not only does rain fall on it but leaves, sap, twigs, whatever else decides to rain down :-(

but, i should be getting a 2 car carport in the next month or so!!

blownaltered
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Can't imagine that'd be a fun ride.

The day it hailed which I think was Christmas Day I wasn't fast enough so it got hit for about 2 mins before I could "borrow" one if the covered spots, and apparently it chipped some paint off. I hope there's an easy/cheap fix for the small spots. Can't wait to have a garage so I can detail it and let it sit when it rains

It sucks, my old stang had 315 mickeys on it and I got stuck in a rain storm an hour away. I could only do 40 before she tried to do donuts. Damn near didn't make it up a hill in it on 20, I was doing about 30 and was fish tailing the entire time.

Having a garage is awesome. How small are the chips? Will touch up paint do the job or are you going to have to take it to a body shop?

Dark Pony
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
I daily drive mine, but she gets the garage at night.

Midnight11
01-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Stays outside

l3g1t
01-08-2013, 09:15 PM
It sucks, my old stang had 315 mickeys on it and I got stuck in a rain storm an hour away. I could only do 40 before she tried to do donuts. Damn near didn't make it up a hill in it on 20, I was doing about 30 and was fish tailing the entire time.

Having a garage is awesome. How small are the chips? Will touch up paint do the job or are you going to have to take it to a body shop?

Tiny, like pen tip size.

Tax amd Midnight, only ones with a pic but for sitting outside your cars looks amazing

Midnight11
01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
thats what my porter cable is for lol

merlinmol
01-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Mine stays at the shop for now, however, I do not know if it had to be moved today or not...

Taxman
01-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Tiny, like pen tip size.

Tax amd Midnight, only ones with a pic but for sitting outside your cars looks amazing

Thanks. Parks in the garage though. Just sitting out in the rain at work today.

jarheadtex
01-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Well..I have a 2 car garage and a shop I can park in....but there is a catch....My house is 200 yards off the paved road do I have to negotiate dirt and pot holes any time it leaves shelter.

Grandpa
01-08-2013, 10:58 PM

I had to do that once with my coupe, talk about the pucker factor! Mickey's, no air, power steering, no defroster, manual brakes on skinny front runners and skating all over the place while trying to use my sleeve to wipe off the windshield. Way back when I thought using my hobby/racecar for a daily driver was cool. Boy, was I retarded. lol.

STROKD
01-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I had to do that once with my coupe, talk about the pucker factor! Mickey's, no air, power steering, no defroster, manual brakes on skinny front runners and skating all over the place while trying to use my sleeve to wipe off the windshield. Way back when I thought using my hobby/racecar for a daily driver was cool. Boy, was I retarded. lol.

Doesn't sound fun at all!

I drove my Vette a few weeks in the rain and snow on the drag pack, it wasn't a lot of fun worrying about it but it made it to and from work no problems. Didn't even kick the traction light on once.

Toby
01-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Hell yes its outside. its a car, not a child or dog. a little water will not hurt it.

kanetrain
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Yep my baby stays outside where it belongs, gets daily driven pretty hard, and still looks great. I agree ^

JDBishopArts
01-09-2013, 03:08 PM
The 2013's engine bay gets really dirty after a rain due to the vents.