PDA

View Full Version : SVTP can suck it

DirtyD
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I just noticed today that my link to DFW5.0s was removed from my sig...ass hats.

Grandpa
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I just noticed today that my link to DFW5.0s was removed from my sig...ass hats.

Haha. Complain to Kevin (04sleeper), he's a mod over there.

DirtyD
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Haha. Complain to Kevin (04sleeper), he's a mod over there.
I'll shoot him a PM.

I just think it's stupid. Not like we will seriously threaten the livelyhood of that site...

Joey289
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Does that site have a classifieds section?

Grandpa
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I'll shoot him a PM.

I just think it's stupid. Not like we will seriously threaten the livelyhood of that site...

LOL, very true. In addition to that, we're a local site and not a national site. We are no competition for them. Kevin and I went to SEMA with the owner of SVTP (Travis) and he's a nice guy. I'm sure it wasn't him who had a problem with it but rather one of his overzealous moderators.

Does that site have a classifieds section?

Yes, a large one in fact.

Courtesy Flush
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Its about them being exclusive as is with most forums. Im sure there is a rule or set standard against it in all that fine print upon sign up.

A better thing to do is to ask a mod about setting up a local/regional member area within the forum. This would then prevent the need to have the dfw5.0's site address listed with every post you make. Rather, users interested could just navigate to the specific part of the forum on their own agenda.

DirtyD
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Its about them being exclusive as is with most forums. Im sure there is a rule or set standard against it in all that fine print upon sign up.

A better thing to do is to ask a mod about setting up a local/regional member area within the forum. This would then prevent the need to have the dfw5.0's site address listed with every post you make. Rather, users interested could just navigate to the specific part of the forum on their own agenda.
Steve has a thread IIRC posted in the Texas section about it.

Grandpa
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM

There is a regional section of the board. A few years back the Texas section was booming with activity, but then a very uptight, overly religious moderator stepped in and was constantly shutting down threads due to his own personal convictions. It killed the section and hardly anyone posts in there anymore.

Joey289
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
LOL, very true. In addition to that, we're a local site and not a national site. We are no competition for them. Kevin and I went to SEMA with the owner of SVTP (Travis) and he's a nice guy. I'm sure it wasn't him who had a problem with it but rather one of his overzealous moderators.

Yes, a large one in fact.

Well dammit... I could not find it lol.

Courtesy Flush
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
There is a regional section of the board. A few years back the Texas section was booming with activity, but then a very uptight, overly religious moderator stepped in and was constantly shutting down threads due to his own personal convictions. It killed the section and hardly anyone posts in there anymore.

What about something in the regional clubs section within that same subforum?

Grandpa
01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Well dammit... I could not find it lol.

Forums -> The Market -> specific model you are looking for.

Grandpa
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Try this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-v6-parts-buy-sell-369/

Kosovobandit
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
It is their site to do with what they want and this is yours. Im sure if you offered them a link in yours they would do the same instead of trashing them. Most of yiur members came from there and nkw you post this. If you dont like that site dont get on it. And btw that is crap running to someone to tattle on they removed my link. Kinda childish. We are not 4 years old anymore.

Grandpa
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
It is their site to do with what they want and this is yours. Im sure if you offered them a link in yours they would do the same instead of trashing them. Most of yiur members came from there and nkw you post this. If you dont like that site dont get on it. And btw that is crap running to someone to tattle on they removed my link. Kinda childish. We are not 4 years old anymore.

I think you are taking it a little more serious than it was meant to be. lol.

blownaltered
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM

Ok dad sorry we are being childish, please don't smack us around. You can go back to watching football and drinking beer.

JDBishopArts
01-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Lol I was surprised they kept it up as long as they did. I put a link to an old car website a few buddies and I started a while back, they gave me a warning and took it down within a week.

DirtyD
01-07-2013, 04:01 PM
No one said they would go tattling. What I would do is simply ask Kevin why it was removed. I know you can't post direct links to non-vendors, but it's a simple, regional site.

No need to go hardcore fatherly, kosovo.

Taxman
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I say trash them! FUCK SVTP!!

j/k

blkGT00
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Been a member of svtp since 06 and have maybe 100 posts. People there for the most part are asshats, I just browse there for pics, market, and the ass load of info they have there...

I was a member there LONG before I ever even owned a mustang, just always stuck around because that place is never dead. :banghead:

blownaltered
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I haven't been on that site for years. Nobody posts anymore in the Texas thread. Once that died I quit posting there. Now I have an fox so you get better tech on the corral forums. Definitely can't go to dfwmustangs for tech,only a few guys that post actually know anything and the rest just talk out there ass.

Taxman
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I haven't been on that site for years. Nobody posts anymore in the Texas thread. Once that died I quit posting there. Now I have an fox so you get better tech on the corral forums. Definitely can't go to dfwmustangs for tech,only a few guys that post actually know anything and the rest just talk out there ass.

You ain't fucking kidding.

04sleeper
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure which Mod did it, but linking is typically not allowed.

Sorry brother.

DirtyD
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
It's all good. Not really mad, just felt like funning up the title a little. Haha