PDA

View Full Version : Base GT Upgrades

merlinmol
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, I got the base GT when I bought the car to do the SEMA project, however, you cannot get bluetooth or XM on a base as they are premium only options. Has anyone here looked into adding this after the fact? I'd be interested in pursuing either of these.

DirtyD
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Doesn't SYNC come on all models? Or does the 300A package not include SYNC? I know the 301A does, because that's what I have. Lol

As far as satellite radio goes, there is a company out there that makes a complementary tuner system that works in hand with the factory stereo to provide HD radio and satellite radio while retaining the factory equipment.

Joey289
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
People actually pay for XM?

03MachMe
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Doesn't SYNC come on all models? Or does the 300A package not include SYNC? I know the 301A does, because that's what I have. Lol

As far as satellite radio goes, there is a company out there that makes a complementary tuner system that works in hand with the factory stereo to provide HD radio and satellite radio while retaining the factory equipment.

You could get the base without the tech package and it wouldnt have the sync. I know because they tried to sell me one of those lol

merlinmol
01-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Well crap, I didn't know that sync was bluetooth when I ordered it, mostly because of the time deadlines for SEMA I didnt have time to research the packages besides the ones we needed. I also just read that Sync is also the XM radio... sigh, oh well.

03MachMe
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Your not missing much with xm but you can prolly have the dealer add sync if you really want it

merlinmol
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
It is tempting to at least check it out, worst that happens is I do not like the cost.

03MachMe
01-02-2013, 04:36 PM
The sync is great but if all you want is hands free calling there are tons of options out there that I'm sure are a lot cheaper