PDA

View Full Version : Yellow fogs?

white5.0
12-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Got some yellow fog light decals from Bigworm.....

What do you guys think?.....

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff446/cmploski1/DSC_01982_zps76329682.jpg

03MachMe
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I have never been a fan of the yellow fogs but if you like that look then everything always looks better on a GT500 lol

white5.0
12-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I have never been a fan of the yellow fogs but if you like that look then everything always looks better on a GT500 lol

I'm kinda on the fence......thought I would try something to make it stand out but the GB may be enough....lol

Courtesy Flush
12-21-2012, 03:30 PM
i like it, hows it look with the lights on?

03MachMe
12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Yea the GB usually pops enough by itself lol. Some nice TF or other high end wheels would for sure make it pop

white5.0
12-21-2012, 03:57 PM
i like it, hows it look with the lights on?

Not sure, I just put them on..... I will check it out tonight when it's dark and report back.

white5.0
12-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Yea the GB usually pops enough by itself lol. Some nice TF or other high end wheels would for sure make it pop

Haha,.....yeah but another set of 4 thousand dollar rims may come with a divorce.....lol

Grandpa
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Haha,.....yeah but another set of 4 thousand dollar rims may come with a divorce.....lol

Sounds like a win/win to me. j/k :happy175:

It looks like someone pee'd in your foglights.

white5.0
12-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a win/win to me. j/k :happy175:

I like the way u think!

It looks like someone pee'd in your foglights.

Thats no bueno....lol

Grandpa
12-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Thats no bueno....lol

My wife is great. She doesn't mind my hobby and is a car girl herself. Hell, I wouldn't have married her if I couldn't give her a hard time. I make marriage jokes all the time and she just rolls her eyes at me. haha!

DirtyD
12-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I like it. I've always kind of liked that look, not sure why though.

One thing I would suggest of you decide to keep them, is upgrade the fog light bulbs to 4300-5000k HIDs, preferably in capped bulb. It will increase the lumens the lights Put out, and also you can get rid of the halogen bulbs and stop shining a yellow light through a yellow lens. Lol

white5.0
12-21-2012, 04:59 PM
My wife is great. She doesn't mind my hobby and is a car girl herself. Hell, I wouldn't have married her if I couldn't give her a hard time. I make marriage jokes all the time and she just rolls her eyes at me. haha!

I pretty much live on wife jokes. I'm jealous that your wife likes cars....mine, not so much.

white5.0
12-21-2012, 05:01 PM

One thing I would suggest of you decide to keep them, is upgrade the fog light bulbs to 4300-5000k HIDs, preferably in capped bulb. It will increase the lumens the lights Put out, and also you can get rid of the halogen bulbs and stop shining a yellow light through a yellow lens. Lol

Thanks. Sounds like a plan if I keep'um. Although, it may be to late to drain the pee outta them....lol

merlinmol
12-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks. Sounds like a plan if I keep'um. Although, it may be to late to drain the pee outta them....lol

haha, so if someone's lights are brown does that mean.....

Grandpa
12-21-2012, 05:25 PM

I wish my 12 had HID/LEDs like the 13's do. I wouldn't mind if my lights were abit brighter since it gets a lil dark out here in my area.

DirtyD
12-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Steve, just do a HID headlight swap on you car. You have the money because you don't spend anything else on it like we do. Haha

And I wish my girlfriend was a little more open to the while car thing. But oh well, gives me some guy/me time. Haha

Courtesy Flush
12-21-2012, 05:33 PM
I wish my 12 had HID/LEDs like the 13's do. I wouldn't mind if my lights were abit brighter since it gets a lil dark out here in my area.

Agreed. The stock hid headlight is so damn expensive and a PITA to wire up to a non-hid car.

Im sure ill never hear the end of this but...
I went simple and did a 5K hid kit in my headlights.
As long as their aimed correctly its looks fine.

DirtyD
12-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, as long as they are aimed correctly its okay. But you are leaving so much on the table, which I'm sure you know. Lol

A guy on SVTP did a write up on installing the premium/HID lights on a Non-HID car.

Grandpa
12-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Steve, just do a HID headlight swap on you car. You have the money because you don't spend anything else on it like we do. Haha

And I wish my girlfriend was a little more open to the while car thing. But oh well, gives me some guy/me time. Haha

Nah, no point in fixing what isn't broken. There is other things I want to do the car first. :happy107:

Courtesy Flush
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, as long as they are aimed correctly its okay. But you are leaving so much on the table, which I'm sure you know. Lol

A guy on SVTP did a write up on installing the premium/HID lights on a Non-HID car.

When i first put them in, lights were aimed at the damn sky which told me how terrible the stock bulbs were.

There is other options for aftermarket, but none i really like enough to drop money on. Retro-fit is cool but again not cheap.

The stock 11-12 hid's are what i want, cheapest ive found is $900 on an ebay auction so im in no hurry. Maybe since all 13 models have em i can one day find good set in a junkyard or something.

GunsUp
12-22-2012, 03:35 PM
I like them, then I look at the GB and I don't...

Anyone who doesn't know a thing about Mustangs is still going to acknowledge that's a shelby esp with the Color.

I don't think anyone is going to notice the fog lights period.

I would go with a high power blue that overpowers the top HID's.

DirtyD
12-22-2012, 04:12 PM

Huh?

merlinmol
12-22-2012, 09:40 PM

Are you talking about the lights that everyone puts on their car when they don't have HID's that shine blue instead of bright white? If so, I think those look like crap. I have never seen a car with lights like those look good on top of the fact that they blind the fuck outta you.:Nonono:

DirtyD
12-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Are you talking about the lights that everyone puts on their car when they don't have HID's that shine blue instead of bright white? If so, I think those look like crap. I have never seen a car with lights like those look good on top of the fact that they blind the fuck outta you.:Nonono:

What Merlin said. If you leave the yellow tint on the lamps, then were to drop in a HID kit of 8000K+, you will make green light. Not to mention the fact that those color temp lights have only a FRACTION of the lumens the stock halogen bulbs have.

I need to go copy my post about HIDs and paste it here.

Courtesy Flush
12-23-2012, 03:12 PM
What Merlin said. If you leave the yellow tint on the lamps, then were to drop in a HID kit of 8000K+, you will make green light. Not to mention the fact that those color temp lights have only a FRACTION of the lumens the stock halogen bulbs have.

I need to go copy my post about HIDs and paste it here.

On the topic of Retrofit's, im really starting to dig what these guys have to offer.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/899665-wrapping-up-year-retofitted-headlights.html

Midnight11
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
On the topic of Retrofit's, im really starting to dig what these guys have to offer.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/899665-wrapping-up-year-retofitted-headlights.html

i know a guy that does retrofit been trying to get him to join the site lol

Courtesy Flush
12-23-2012, 04:20 PM
i know a guy that does retrofit been trying to get him to join the site lol

I'm interested in a set, hopefully he joins and can post up some of his work.

Midnight11
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm interested in a set, hopefully he joins and can post up some of his work.

ill let him know again. heres his work though. he does awesome stuff
http://retroshop.us/index.html

DirtyD
12-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Retrofits are the way to go. Had a set for my truck before it was totaled. My buddy since bought them for his truck.

Courtesy Flush
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
ill let him know again. heres his work though. he does awesome stuff
http://retroshop.us/index.html

Those look great, i especially like the paint matched housings and havent seen anyone do that on the newer mustangs.

Retrofits are the way to go. Had a set for my truck before it was totaled. My buddy since bought them for his truck.

Seeing as you've had retrofit's before Im curious, i have an H13 HID kit currently so is it possible to keep the same bulb type?

DirtyD
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Seeing as you've had retrofit's before Im curious, i have an H13 HID kit currently so is it possible to keep the same bulb type?
Well I never finished mine before the truck was totaled. Lol. But doing them yourself aren't that bad at all. But it is much nicer to be able to find an extra set of lights to attempts this type of thing.