PDA

View Full Version : DUI's

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 01:06 AM
It's crazy how common DUI's are now. Almost everyone knows someone with a DUI on their record. Obviously the laws aren't stiff enough because there is so many repeat offenders out there.

What's crazy, is that I was watching the news earlier and the Ft.Worth Police Chief was being interviewed about the amount of DUI's his officers racked up in 2012. EIGHTEEN...yes 18..police officers in 2012 alone got DUI's! So he is starting some program to not have a single Ft.Worth police officer to be arrested at all in 2013.

What does that say about our society when police officers are being needed to be looked after for something as brainless as this?

Maybe the Mayans were right. lol.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 11:54 AM
It's crazy how common DUI's are now. Almost everyone knows someone with a DUI on their record. Obviously the laws aren't stiff enough because there is so many repeat offenders out there.

What's crazy, is that I was watching the news earlier and the Ft.Worth Police Chief was being interviewed about the amount of DUI's his officers racked up in 2012. EIGHTEEN...yes 18..police officers in 2012 alone got DUI's! So he is starting some program to not have a single Ft.Worth police officer to be arrested at all in 2013.

What does that say about our society when police officers are being needed to be looked after for something as brainless as this?

Maybe the Mayans were right. lol.
The reason you notice more cops getting busted is because their buddies used to let them go. I don't think are more doing it just more getting arrested then used too.

As for the punshment it isn't that light. Cost a lot of money to make it go away.
It's a money maker for the cities so they really go after it. I know a state trooper that will pull you over at night if you hit the solid white line just so he can check.

03MachMe
12-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Yep it is a HUGE problem and honestly for every one we catch there are prolly 10 on the road we didn't. That is part of the reason you see it so much is because people do it a few times and don't get caught so they think they never will. Another part of the problem is b people don't realize what a 0.08 blood alcohol concentration feels like. Any decent buzz and you are prolly at or over 0.08. But the biggest problem in my eyesbis the system. You would not believe the amount of paperwork I have to do for a dwi. Then almost everyone of them goes to court so that is another day of my time. I know a lot of officers that do not like doing them so they will not go out and look for them. Now if one falls in their lap they wont just ignore it but they don't like to go out looking for them. Until they change something and dont make us jump through so many hoops to where more officers WANT to find dwi's so more people get caught nothing will change

As far as FWPD goes they have LOTS of problems. Like officers getting caught smoking weed in the patrol car. All professions have their idiots, ours just make the news. I know at my dept we have not had a single officer arrested since I started working there. But the majority of officers that lose their certification is due to something alcohol related

And just to clarify DUI is for minors only and DWI is for anyone over the limit, over 21, or on something other than alcohol

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
The reason you notice more cops getting busted is because their buddies used to let them go. I don't think are more doing it just more getting arrested then used too.

As for the punshment it isn't that light. Cost a lot of money to make it go away.
It's a money maker for the cities so they really go after it. I know a state trooper that will pull you over at night if you hit the solid white line just so he can check.

As far as im concerned, its not severe enough. The first one should be a huge fine and 30 days in jail. Second one a year and then add a year for every one after that. After someone gets their first one they should be hit over the head HARD to make a lasting impression to make them think twice about doing it again.

Its not that fuckin hard to get - dont drink and drive! If you want to drink have a DD, take a cab/bus or stay home and drink.

Phuck Phace
12-19-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree.

Taxman
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
As far as im concerned, its not severe enough. The first one should be a huge fine and 30 days in jail. Second one a year and then add a year for every one after that. After someone gets their first one they should be hit over the head HARD to make a lasting impression to make them think twice about doing it again.

Its not that fuckin hard to get - dont drink and drive! If you want to drink have a DD, take a cab/bus or stay home and drink.

100% agree

BLK2012GT
12-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree.

It's hard to believe that you agree coming from you. LOL

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 02:03 PM

So because you had 3 beers before driving you should lose your job, maybe your house or at least not pay any bills go on unemployment or just suck off the government tit. You go to jail for 30 days and that's what happens. What do you consider a huge fine, should we bankrupt somebody for 3 beers? I think you need to get off your hit horse there pal. Shouldn't the penalty for street racing be just as bad since it kills people also

Courtesy Flush
12-19-2012, 02:09 PM
j6--kTcODn8

merlinmol
12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I've never understood why people cannot be responsible and stop drinking an hour or so before they go home and have water and whatnot. I never have a problem and if I'm trashed I always have a place to stay and sleep it off. Maybe I'm just more alert to it because I have known people that have suffered from the aftermath of drunk driving.

03MachMe
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
So because you had 3 beers before driving you should lose your job, maybe your house or at least not pay any bills go on unemployment or just suck off the government tit. You go to jail for 30 days and that's what happens. What do you consider a huge fine, should we bankrupt somebody for 3 beers? I think you need to get off your hit horse there pal. Shouldn't the penalty for street racing be just as bad since it kills people also

If your intoxicated after three beers then yes. It might make some people thing twice about doing it if the penalty is more than just a slap on the wrist and some lawyer fees. You wouldn't believe the number of times I will arrest someone for DWI and it will be there third or fourth one. the penalty obviously isn't bad enough when you have people that do it time after time and are still on the road risking peoples lives. Come out next time I work an accident where someone is killed or badly injured because someone had "3" beers and decided it was more important for them to get their car home than not risk the lives of everyone else on the road. and the penalty or street racing is the same as a DWI. Class B misdemeanor with enhancements along the same lines as DWIs...

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
If your intoxicated after three beers then yes. It might make some people thing twice about doing it if the penalty is more than just a slap on the wrist and some lawyer fees. You wouldn't believe the number of times I will arrest someone for DWI and it will be there third or fourth one. the penalty obviously isn't bad enough when you have people that do it time after time and are still on the road risking peoples lives. Come out next time I work an accident where someone is killed or badly injured because someone had "3" beers and decided it was more important for them to get their car home than not risk the lives of everyone else on the road. and the penalty or street racing is the same as a DWI. Class B misdemeanor with enhancements along the same lines as DWIs...

I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment.

But I do think they need to change the rules for dwi. But I think Steve is on another planet. 1st offense should not have jail time and if it does should not extend past a week. Higher fine yes but what should that limit be 5k. How about this we charge by what you blow if you blow a .08 your fine and penalty is less than the guy that blows a .18, would that be the fair way. We do every crime like that. If you steal something under $20 dollars you don't pay the same as over $1000.

03MachMe
12-19-2012, 03:20 PM
I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment.

But I do think they need to change the rules for dwi. But I think Steve is on another planet. 1st offense should not have jail time and if it does should not extend past a week. Higher fine yes but what should that limit be 5k. How about this we charge by what you blow if you blow a .08 your fine and penalty is less than the guy that blows a .18, would that be the fair way. We do every crime like that. If you steal something under $20 dollars you don't pay the same as over $1000.

your right we can seize your car if your caught street racing so you would lose it all together..... they just passed an enhancement last year that makes it a class A if you blow over 0.15 and the difference in theft of $20 to $1000 is that $20 would be a Class C, same as a ticket, and $1000 is a class A.

The main problem with your logic is that you think it is OK to drink and drive so you think the punishment shouldnt be that bad. until you see it in person or are affected by it personally then your mind will change. until you see a man decapitated because he decided to drive home drunk and the pain that it caused the family and his young daughter. Until you are searching backyards for the body of a child because you found a car seat in the back of that car and are unsure if the child was in the car with him or not you will never get it, and I dont expect you to. Thought process like yours where its OK to drive after drinking is the problem and until that changes nothing else will change....

Phuck Phace
12-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment...

I spent 2 nights in jail for "street racing".
It is also a 1 year suspension of your license.

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 03:50 PM

In my opinion, yes. If the penalities for it are so severe it will make people think twice about doing. It's crazy to me that people will stop and think if it effects their wallet or some jail time, but it doesn't make them think twice if they might lose their lives or kill someone else. You can say I'm on my high horse about it all you like but that doesn't mean drinking and driving is okay.

How big is the problem?

•In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.1
•Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.1
•Of the 211 child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in 2010, over half (131) were riding in the vehicle with the alcohol-impaired driver.1
•In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.3 That's one percent of the 112 million self-reported episodes of alcohol-impaired driving among U.S. adults each year.4
•Drugs other than alcohol (e.g., marijuana and cocaine) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths. These other drugs are often used in combination with alcohol.5

Agreed. I don't think it's okay for someone to have three beers only to leave and plow into my family because they didn't want to be bothered with making other arrangements to get home like a responsible person.

LOL, I'm not on another planet, I think my opinion on the subject is perfectly logical. Clearly the punishments we have now are not working at all because it doesn't stop people from drinking and driving at all. The punishments are still light enough where some people are willing to take the chance to drive. In fact, the punishments are so light there is a LOT of people out there with multiple DWI's on their records.

your right we can seize your car if your caught street racing so you would lose it all together..... they just passed an enhancement last year that makes it a class A if you blow over 0.15 and the difference in theft of $20 to $1000 is that $20 would be a Class C, same as a ticket, and $1000 is a class A.

The main problem with your logic is that you think it is OK to drink and drive so you think the punishment shouldnt be that bad. until you see it in person or are affected by it personally then your mind will change. until you see a man decapitated because he decided to drive home drunk and the pain that it caused the family and his young daughter. Until you are searching backyards for the body of a child because you found a car seat in the back of that car and are unsure if the child was in the car with him or not you will never get it, and I dont expect you to. Thought process like yours where its OK to drive after drinking is the problem and until that changes nothing else will change....

Agreed 100%. I'll never get my friend back and his son can't be brought back from commiting suicide for feeling so guilty for killing his own father because he was drinking and driving on the way home from a football game and his father was a passenger.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I spent 2 nights in jail for "street racing".
It is also a 1 year suspension of your license.

And yet you still do it

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Life in prison sucks for murder but people do that every day

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Life in prison sucks for murder but people do that every day

Of course, it's human nature to be destructive. But you're taking the conversation off course for the sake of arguing. lol.

There is far less murders than there is DWI arrests and accidents. Perhaps if the penalties were stiffer there would be less drinking and driving. So you kind of helped me make point there. lol.

Phuck Phace
12-19-2012, 04:32 PM
And yet you still do it

Charges were dropped.
I have never broken any laws.

Courtesy Flush
12-19-2012, 04:34 PM
If its illegal, people will do it. No matter the consequences. That's the nature of people.
IMO the laws and punishments are set to accommodate a wide variety of people. Those who abuse drinking and driving obviously will face harsher punishment depending on prior offenses, but what about those that learn from it and change their lifestyle?
EDIT
To be be clear, im speaking on the DWI charges alone and leaving the manslaughter charge alone as i think that's a separate charge altogether anyhow.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 04:42 PM
If its illegal, people will do it. No matter the consequences. That's the nature of people.
IMO the laws and punishments are set to accommodate a wide variety of people. Those who abuse drinking and driving obviously will face harsher punishment depending on prior offenses, but what about those that learn from it and change their lifestyle?
EDIT
To be be clear, im speaking on the DWI charges alone and leaving the manslaughter charge alone as i think that's a separate charge altogether anyhow.

That's my point smash someone's life for a first offense. Second yeah that's different you should have learned your lesson. But Steve and his 30 days in jail for the first offense is ridiculous. People would lose their jobs and maybe homes. That's why they will never make the law like that.

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 04:51 PM
That's my point smash someone's life for a first offense. Second yeah that's different you should have learned your lesson. But Steve and his 30 days in jail for the first offense is ridiculous. People would lose their jobs and maybe homes. That's why they will never make the law like that.

Sometimes in order to get people's attention, you have to do more than tap them on the shoulder. Some people need a sledgehammer over the head. It's your opinion that 30 days is ridicuous. In my opinion it would work because it's so severe it would make a lot of people think twice about doing it. The "ridiculous" is what would make it work.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Sometimes in order to get people's attention, you have to do more than tap them on the shoulder. Some people need a sledgehammer over the head. It's your opinion that 30 days is ridicuous. In my opinion it would work because it's so severe it would make a lot of people think twice about doing it. The "ridiculous" is what would make it work.

So you want to punish drunk drivers worse than most violent crimes. Can we do texting and driving the same way. If we are going to throw the book at one you have to do it to everybody. I don't think people should lose everything for a first offense, that's where I think you crazy

Courtesy Flush
12-19-2012, 05:06 PM

Having never had a DWI or DUI i don't have a dog in this fight, but i see both points.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Having never had a DWI or DUI i don't have a dog in this fight, but i see both points.

I never have either

Courtesy Flush
12-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Charges were dropped.
I have never broken any laws.

http://i.imgur.com/jEs7X.gif

zemog255
12-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I think the biggest problem is how many people don't realize they are over the limit. I have no clue when my BAC is around .08 or what it even feels like. The law allows people to use their judgment on what they think is ok and thats the problem in my opinion. Imagine cars without speedometers lol

Phuck Phace
12-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Next DFW/5.0/Terminators/and a couple of 3vs and V6s.com meet we should all get drunk and race.

GO KARTS!

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I think the biggest problem is how many people don't realize they are over the limit. I have no clue when my BAC is around .08 or what it even feels like. The law allows people to use their judgment on what they think is ok and thats the problem in my opinion. Imagine cars without speedometers lol

It's a guessing game, you want to help put a breathalyzer at the bar. You hit the limit and the bar calls you taxi. That would be better than any hammering the shit out of somebody who didn't realize they had one to many.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Next DFW/5.0/Terminators/and a couple of 3vs and V6s.com meet we should all get drunk and race.

GO KARTS!

Sounds fun but how would we get home?

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 06:18 PM
So you want to punish drunk drivers worse than most violent crimes. Can we do texting and driving the same way. If we are going to throw the book at one you have to do it to everybody. I don't think people should lose everything for a first offense, that's where I think you crazy

I'm not talking about violent crimes or texting. We're talking about DWI here. Yes, they need to be severely punished. I know you like to go out and have some drinks, don't take my opinion personally.

Phuck Phace
12-19-2012, 06:18 PM

piggyback

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 06:19 PM

<-----Always the DD.

<----- Sober enough to call you a cab.

Bearded Banger
12-19-2012, 06:20 PM

GO KARTS!

Race in reverse!

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm not talking about violent crimes or texting. We're talking about DWI here. Yes, they need to be severely punished. I know you like to go out and have some drinks, don't take my opinion personally.

Not taking personally. I just feel you are being a little out of whack on this one. Punishment should be equal with the crime and for a first time dwi that is above the crime. That is something they would give for felony not a mr meaner ( if you don't get that then you won't get it ). In my opinion if you made the bars more liable for letting their patrons leave wasted then there would be a lot less drunk drivers.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 07:02 PM
In all honesty with the punished Steve wants you will have more drunks run from the cops the you have ever had before and that will cause more death and destruction. People aren't going to stop drinking because of fear of punishment. Drugs are illegal and millions of people do them everyday. You will just make people try to get away. I would guess the amount of dwi chases would double

Grandpa
12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Not taking personally. I just feel you are being a little out of whack on this one. Punishment should be equal with the crime and for a first time dwi that is above the crime. That is something they would give for felony not a mr meaner ( if you don't get that then you won't get it ). In my opinion if you made the bars more liable for letting their patrons leave wasted then there would be a lot less drunk drivers.

Its not up to the establishments to police their patrons. They are in busuness to make money. People should be accountable for their own actions and control the amount of consumption. If they fail to do so they should punished accordingly.

blownaltered
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Its not up to the establishments to police their patrons. They are in busuness to make money. People should be accountable for their own actions and control the amount of consumption. If they fail to do so they should punished accordingly.

Correct accordingly not some ridiculous plan you have to bankrupt somebody for having one to many. It's nice to see you on top of your hill looking down on people, since you have never done anything to break the law.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Correct accordingly not some ridiculous plan you have to bankrupt somebody for having one to many. It's nice to see you on top of your hill looking down on people, since you have never done anything to break the law.

Quit being overly dramatic there is no need for it just because we have differing opinions on something. You think it's okay for people to drink and drive, I do not. No need to try to make it an ugly arguement.

You say my plan is to bankrupt someone, it's actually to deter someone from killing themselves or someone else. It is NOT okay to drink and drive in anyway you try to justify it.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Quit being overly dramatic there is no need for it just because we have differing opinions on something. You think it's okay for people to drink and drive, I do not. No need to try to make it an ugly arguement.

You say my plan is to bankrupt someone, it's actually to deter someone from killing themselves or someone else. It is NOT okay to drink and drive in anyway you try to justify it.

Not trying to justify drinking in driving. I just saying make the penalty match the crime which your not. Someone with a .08 is no where near the same as someone with a .18 which is double the limit. Every time you hear about some asshole driving the wrong way on the highway that is around their blood level, the cowboy that just killed his buddy was a .18 that's my point. If you are going to through some ridiculous laws out there they should fit the crime. There is a hell of a difference in drinking 4 beers vs a 12 pack. I just don't see how you can't recognize that

46Tbird
12-20-2012, 01:30 AM
People will always drink and drive. The system doesn't want you to STOP drinking and driving, there is too much money in fines, court costs, driving fees, surcharges, SR22 / insurance premiums, and of course legal fees. It costs around ten grand for a first offense. I've got a friend dealing with it now. He's a good guy that doesn't have a drinking problem (fyi, three beers and an hour wait before leaving will get you a .85 at 200lbs) but he does now have a very serious legal problem.

The money keeps the machine turning. There are simple ways to reduce the number of people driving drunk, but how are all these fancy new city halls and Chargers going to get paid for?

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:31 AM
I know drinking in driving isn't good but your not going to stop it because they will never start a ridiculous set of penalties like you want. Which is probably good for most of this board from what I read.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:39 AM
People will always drink and drive. The system doesn't want you to STOP drinking and driving, there is too much money in fines, court costs, driving fees, surcharges, SR22 / insurance premiums, and of course legal fees. It costs around ten grand for a first offense. I've got a friend dealing with it now. He's a good guy that doesn't have a drinking problem (fyi, three beers and an hour wait before leaving will get you a .85 at 200lbs) but he does now have a very serious legal problem.

The money keeps the machine turning. There are simple ways to reduce the number of people driving drunk, but how are all these fancy new city halls and Chargers going to get paid for?
That's my point 3 beers and by the rules Steve wants you lose everything. That doesn't add up to me. See people don't understand how much one really cost between probation, bail, impound, license suspension or you have to pay to get it back active, lawyers, classes its a year long ass raping. Not to mention some insurance companies cancel you right then, then you get to pay double to some shit hole insurance company. It's just not a slap on the wrist. I will say the second offense should have worse penalties than what they have and if You blow over a .12 on your first offense everything should double what it is if you blow a .08

89gt-stanger
12-20-2012, 01:40 AM
To speak up from experience...

When I was 17 (turned 19 a few months ago) I made a bad decision to drink underage, then drive, and recieved a DUI minor. To be honest, the suthorities were not as harsh as they should have been. I posted a $519 bail and was out in a few hours. After completing 40 hours of community service and an alcohol awareness class, a $499 refund check was in my mail box.

No way in hell was that a harsh enough punishment. Since then, I have no had a single charge and have not driven drunk. Currently, I am on leave from basic training for HBL from Fort Sill. Yes, you can still get into the military with a DUI, it just depends on the situation. My life has turned around from what it was. Do I think I should have lost everything? Hell no. I learned my lesson.

It did not ruin my life, but it made things very tough and it put an unintended amount of stress of my family. All in all, I believe the driving while intoxicated laws are way too lax in this state.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:43 AM
I know drinking in driving isn't good but your not going to stop it because they will never start a ridiculous set of penalties like you want. Which is probably good for most of this board from what I read.

I'm not foolish enough to think that it can be stopped completely. Some people are just going to do it. My point is that if the penalty is stiff enough, more people will think twice about doing it and it will save lives.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:48 AM
That's my point 3 beers and by the rules Steve wants you lose everything. That doesn't add up to me. See people don't understand how much one really cost between probation, bail, impound, license suspension or you have to pay to get it back active, lawyers, classes its a year long ass raping. Not to mention some insurance companies cancel you right then, then you get to pay double to some shit hole insurance company. It's just not a slap on the wrist. I will say the second offense should have worse penalties than what they have and if You blow over a .12 on your first offense everything should double what it is if you blow a .08

It's obvious those penalities aren't enough because there are so many repeat offenders.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm not foolish enough to think that it can be stopped completely. Some people are just going to do it. My point is that if the penalty is stiff enough, more people will think twice about doing it and it will save lives.

My point it's not the guy that drinks 3 beers and blows a .08 that is killing people on the roads and you know that. It's the ass hats that blow a .18 those are the ones that need to be hammered. I think the higher you blow the harsher the penalty. Make the punishment meet the crime, not some blanket system.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:50 AM
To speak up from experience...

When I was 17 (turned 19 a few months ago) I made a bad decision to drink underage, then drive, and recieved a DUI minor. To be honest, the suthorities were not as harsh as they should have been. I posted a $519 bail and was out in a few hours. After completing 40 hours of community service and an alcohol awareness class, a $499 refund check was in my mail box.

No way in hell was that a harsh enough punishment. Since then, I have no had a single charge and have not driven drunk. Currently, I am on leave from basic training for HBL from Fort Sill. Yes, you can still get into the military with a DUI, it just depends on the situation. My life has turned around from what it was. Do I think I should have lost everything? Hell no. I learned my lesson.

It did not ruin my life, but it made things very tough and it put an unintended amount of stress of my family. All in all, I believe the driving while intoxicated laws are way too lax in this state.

Solid post. Thankd for being honest and sharing. Glad to see you learned from your mistake and you came out of it safe. It could have been MUCH worse.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Solid post. Thankd for being honest and sharing. Glad to see you learned from your mistake and you came out of it safe. It could have been MUCH worse.

Yeah he could of had you a judge and lost everything and never got into the military. :idiot:

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:58 AM
My point it's not the guy that drinks 3 beers and blows a .08 that is killing people on the roads and you know that. It's the ass hats that blow a .18 those are the ones that need to be hammered. I think the higher you blow the harsher the penalty. Make the punishment meet the crime, not some blanket system.

Again, it's a difference in opinion. I don't think it's okay to drink three beers then go drive. Just because a person may not feel impaired because they are capable of putting away way more beers than that doesn't mean they are not impaired. It's not okay for a person to be so lenient with their responsiblity to take the chance of plowing into my family.

Most people think they can handle it because they have done it so many times before. So they got home okay after drinking a lil bit. Do it once, twice..oh hey..I can handle my drinking.

It only takes one bad wreck to take a life. Shit happens, even to good people.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Again, it's a difference in opinion. I don't think it's okay to drink three beers then go drive. Just because a person may not feel impaired because they are capable of putting away way more beers than that doesn't mean they are not impaired. It's not okay for a person to be so lenient with their responsiblity to take the chance of plowing into my family.

Most people think they can handle it because they have done it so many times before. So they got home okay after drinking a lil bit. Do it once, twice..oh hey..I can handle my drinking.

It only takes one bad wreck to take a life. Shit happens, even to good people.
Steve don't talk to me about losing life and drunk driving because you have no idea.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah he could of had you a judge and lost everything and never got into the military. :idiot:

That's the chance he took knowingly taking the chance of driving under the influence. Why is it so difficult for some to make other arrangements? Have a DD, take a taxi.. etc? If you don't do it, there is nothing to worry about.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Steve don't talk to me about losing life and drunk driving because you have no idea.

Yes I do, and I know you do as well.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 02:03 AM
Yes I do, and I know you do as well.

I highly don't think you do know but that is fine. We will disagree on this one, but I don't have to worry about your laws because they will never happen. Why because it is big money for the state the way it is. Of course I've had the same case of beer in my fridge for the last month so you can tell I drink a lot.

Should say you don't know my end of it

jayman33
12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I've written a thesis on this subject in my criminal law course a few years back. There are more accidents from individuals who drink less than 5 regular sized beverages. Individuals who are severely intoxicated .2 or more usually are pulled over immediately or crash into objects other than vehicles. Its those individuals who have a BAC of .1 or less that are most dangerous as they don't realize how intoxicated they are. The laws are placed there for a reason, multiple studies were conducted to ensure the proper BAC limit. There were recommendations for individuals with .15 and lower to receive harsher punishments.

5PointSlow
12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I've written a thesis on this subject in my criminal law course a few years back. There are more accidents from individuals who drink less than 5 regular sized beverages. Individuals who are severely intoxicated .2 or more usually are pulled over immediately or crash into objects other than vehicles. Its those individuals who have a BAC of .1 or less that are most dangerous as they don't realize how intoxicated they are. The laws are placed there for a reason, multiple studies were conducted to ensure the proper BAC limit. There were recommendations for individuals with .15 and lower to receive harsher punishments.

in japan their DUI laws are even stricter than ours. .04 is enough to get you for driving while drinking indicated. One beer is enough to get you there.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM

I would probably say more accidents but at what level are the most fatalities. When someone takes out a minivan on the tollway going the wrong way they are always above a .15 according to the news. That's my thing, I thnk more deaths are caused by the real drunks

03MachMe
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Exactly what I was going to say.

I would probably say more accidents but at what level are the most fatalities. When someone takes out a minivan on the tollway going the wrong way they are always above a .15 according to the news. That's my thing, I thnk more deaths are caused by the real drunks

Not true. The ones that are between .08 and .15 or so are the most dangerous because they do not realze they are intoxicated plus being intoxicated takes away their inhibition and they believe they are invincible. There for they are more likely to speed, weave in and out of traffic, and try and make that yellow light but they never see it turn red. The ones over .2 usually know they are drunk and are overly cautious. They are easy to spot because they will be going 10 under and can't stay in their lane and running up on curbs.

Now I get what your trying to say but the fact is that until the public treats this as the problem it really is, nothing will change. I agree 30 days in jail might be a little much, our jail wouldn't be able to hold all the DWIs we get in a month, but just the overnight stay they get at most usually is far too small a punishment

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Exactly what I was going to say.

Not true. The ones that are between .08 and .15 or so are the most dangerous because they do not realze they are intoxicated plus being intoxicated takes away their inhibition and they believe they are invincible. There for they are more likely to speed, weave in and out of traffic, and try and make that yellow light but they never see it turn red. The ones over .2 usually know they are drunk and are overly cautious. They are easy to spot because they will be going 10 under and can't stay in their lane and running up on curbs.

Now I get what your trying to say but the fact is that until the public treats this as the problem it really is, nothing will change. I agree 30 days in jail might be a little much, our jail wouldn't be able to hold all the DWIs we get in a month, but just the overnight stay they get at most usually is far too small a punishment
I never said not to increase it but 30 days is extreme and still won't change anything. If I'm wrong on the stats then I am wrong but my main thing has been the 30 days being retarded and it is.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I never said not to increase it but 30 days is extreme and still won't change anything. If I'm wrong on the stats then I am wrong but my main thing has been the 30 days being retarded and it is.

You're beating to death a hypothetical point. lol.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:07 PM
You're beating to death a hypothetical point. lol.

So are you

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:12 PM
So are you

Go take your pain meds and go to sleep. lol.

Phuck Phace
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM
You 2 need to quit and just fuck each other already.

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:40 PM
You 2 need to quit and just fuck each other already.

Been there, done that. He wasn't that good.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Been there, done that. He wasn't that good.

:pics-stfu:

Courtesy Flush
12-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Im blessed to be working where i do.

Everyone,
I’m glad to announce that through the rest of the holidays (Jan 2nd). We will be bringing back the Taxi Program!

For those that don’t know/forgot how this works:

I have vouchers that you can come get for a free taxi ride home while celebrating the holidays; We want you to be safe!
Again, these vouchers are only for you to get home if you are unable to drive, not to take a taxi to do your Christmas shopping!
The voucher is simple to fill out and the phone number to call the cab is printed at the top of the voucher.
Please bear in mind that on busy nights the cab can take up to 45 minutes to arrive, so if possible, plan accordingly.

If you are interested, come see me!

Happy Holidays!

03MachMe
12-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Im glad to see some companies doing things like that

Grandpa
12-20-2012, 01:55 PM

That's awesome. I wish everyone did that.

blownaltered
12-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Go take your pain meds and go to sleep. lol.

I did and it still hurts, going to take more pain meds now

Special K
12-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Isnt something similar offered to Dallas Cowboy players? You can see how successful that is.... Just sayin....

Midnight11
12-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Isnt something similar offered to Dallas Cowboy players? You can see how successful that is.... Just sayin....

yea every nfl team actually has it...

merlinmol
12-20-2012, 05:51 PM

Haha, that's funny. I think the problem with that is there is too much pride and too little self honesty when drinking (in most cases).

Special K
12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Haha, that's funny. I think the problem with that is there is too much pride and too little self honesty when drinking (in most cases).

That was kinda my point :)

and I'm sorry but I love your car..... :drool2:

Courtesy Flush
12-20-2012, 06:06 PM

+1.

One can say a few million dollars a year will enhance that pride and honesty. If it was me, id have a driver anyhow.

Courtesy Flush
12-20-2012, 06:12 PM

My employer used to offer the service year round, due to abusers taking advantage its now only offered as a kind gesture around the holidays.

merlinmol
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM

So i've heard :)

No reason to be sorry about it as long as you wipe the drool off when you are done :rockit:

Special K
12-20-2012, 06:40 PM
So i've heard :)

No reason to be sorry about it as long as you wipe the drool off when you are done :rockit:

I am respectful, I will salivate from a distance...

5PointSlow
12-21-2012, 12:22 AM
This is why I drink at home. ill typically have my first drink around 7 and then one more about 830 or so. Keeps my Mustang in the garage and I dont leave the house. I guess my buddies that street race think i am an alchy but I enjoy being at home with the fam and it keeps me out of trouble lol.

merlinmol
12-21-2012, 01:39 AM
I am respectful, I will salivate from a distance...

Haha, you can get close, she doesn't bite

Special K
12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Haha, you can get close, she doesn't bite

Maybe so, but I would hate to get her dirty or wet..... :licklips:

Phuck Phace
12-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey-ohhhhhhhhhhhh!

merlinmol
12-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Maybe so, but I would hate to get her dirty or wet..... :licklips:

I'm sure she enjoys the attention :naughty: