PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in CT elementary school.

Grandpa
12-14-2012, 04:46 PM
What a horrible event took place this morning. Some asshole kills his father in Hoboken, NJ then drives to a school in Newtown, CT where his mother worked as a school teacher. He shoots his own mother in the classroom then proceeds to turn the guns on the kids killing 20 kids and 6 adults. :(

As a parent of a child the same age of the kids in the classroom, the horror of this impossible to comprehend. So many lives lost, shattered and forever altered in so many ways.

All these public shootings, malls, schools, libraries etc. We aren't safe anywhere we go it seems. Enlight of this, I've decided to get my CHL. It's foolish to think that we are protected by the authorities these days. I have to take care of my own.

Thought and prayers with all the families who are greatly suffering on this horrible day. :(

DirtyD
12-14-2012, 05:13 PM
They are still trying to located the shooter's g/f and her friend...

He was carrying his brother's ID trying to pass as him.

03MachMe
12-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Good for you Steve. We do everything we can but can not be everywhere... I highly encourage citizens to get their CHL and carry lawfully. I think Teachers should be able to carry at school and be trained on how to use them and protect the weapons. That is the only way these school shootings are going to at least slow down is if there is someone there right then that can do something about it. We have officers that work at every middle and high school in Richardson but only 1 that goes to all of the elementary schools. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones today. esp the parents who lost children today

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
What a horrible event took place this morning. Some asshole kills his father in Hoboken, NJ then drives to a school in Newtown, CT where his mother worked as a school teacher. He shoots his own mother in the classroom then proceeds to turn the guns on the kids killing 20 kids and 6 adults. :(

As a parent of a child the same age of the kids in the classroom, the horror of this impossible to comprehend. So many lives lost, shattered and forever altered in so many ways.

All these public shootings, malls, schools, libraries etc. We aren't safe anywhere we go it seems. Enlight of this, I've decided to get my CHL. It's foolish to think that we are protected by the authorities these days. I have to take care of my own.

Thought and prayers with all the families who are greatly suffering on this horrible day. :(
I have a CHL and do carry most days but there is a problem with this system. It is illegal to carry at schools, government buildings, colleges or any where that has the proper postings. These assholes always go to places where nobody will have a gun besides them. Virginia Tech, Colorado movie theater, Columbine and now this one. The chicken shit bastards who do shit like this go to places no one can fight back.

I will tell you I was in a meeting most the day and didn't hear about this till an hour ago. All I heard was there was a shooting at an elementary school and I was glued to the radio to find out where since my son is in elementary school. Makes you think man, I don't know what I would do without my boys.

Grandpa
12-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I have a CHL and do carry most days but there is a problem with this system. It is illegal to carry at schools, government buildings, colleges or any where that has the proper postings. These assholes always go to places where nobody will have a gun besides them. Virginia Tech, Colorado movie theater, Columbine and now this one. The chicken shit bastards who do shit like this go to places no one can fight back.

I will tell you I was in a meeting most the day and didn't hear about this till an hour ago. All I heard was there was a shooting at an elementary school and I was glued to the radio to find out where since my son is in elementary school. Makes you think man, I don't know what I would do without my boys.

Those rules of no carry in those places only punish law abiding citizens. I bet more people start to ignore those laws because of public shootings.

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Those rules of no carry in those places only punish law abiding citizens. I bet more people start to ignore those laws because of public shootings.

I know some that do. But the issue is, if you have to use it in a place your not supposed to have it, now your breaking the law and could find you butt in jail. You could save a bunch of people but get locked up at the same time. It is screwed up, save a bunch of people and go to jail or let them die and go home to your family.

03MachMe
12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
The majority of places that you cant carry are going to be schools and gov buildings, and I agree at least the school part needs to change. The majority of the other places are going to be bars due to the 51% alcohol sales. At places where a majority of people are going to be drinking heavily I think its a good idea they do not have guns. There are a few other places that have the 30.06 (no concealed carry) sign posted I.E. Grapevine Mills that says you can not carry at that location and if I had to follow those rules I would simply not shop at those places. If you dont care enough about my right to protect myself then I dont care to give you my money.

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 07:20 PM
The majority of places that you cant carry are going to be schools and gov buildings, and I agree at least the school part needs to change. The majority of the other places are going to be bars due to the 51% alcohol sales. At places where a majority of people are going to be drinking heavily I think its a good idea they do not have guns. There are a few other places that have the 30.06 (no concealed carry) sign posted I.E. Grapevine Mills that says you can not carry at that location and if I had to follow those rules I would simply not shop at those places. If you dont care enough about my right to protect myself then I dont care to give you my money.

I aggree with the 51% alcohol rule. I always leave my gun at home if I'm going drinking. I have a bad temper sober I do not need a gun on me when I've been drinking.

Grandpa
12-14-2012, 07:31 PM
I know some that do. But the issue is, if you have to use it in a place your not supposed to have it, now your breaking the law and could find you butt in jail. You could save a bunch of people but get locked up at the same time. It is screwed up, save a bunch of people and go to jail or let them die and go home to your family.

I'd gladly go to jail if that meant my family and myself were able to live through something like that because I was able to protect us.

I don't do bars, so that works fine for me. Very solid points too about not giving those places any of my money.

I aggree with the 51% alcohol rule. I always leave my gun at home if I'm going drinking. I have a bad temper sober I do not need a gun on me when I've been drinking.

Well, I'm aware of your fight skills sober, so if that is any indication of your skills when you are drunk - you're screwed! lol.

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I'd gladly go to jail if that meant my family and myself were able to live through something like that because I was able to protect us.

Not talking about you family, I'm just saying being somewhere in general with strangers. Do you go to prison to protect them or go home to your family? Me personally if I have it I'm using it but some people would not.

I don't do bars, so that works fine for me. Very solid points too about not giving those places any of my money.

:party52:

Well, I'm aware of your fight skills sober, so if that is any indication of your skills when you are drunk - you're screwed! lol

We aren't talking fighting skills. We are talking about having a gun in a bar which is illegal, for a good reason. I have to say I can shoot very well drunk. I have shot just as many dove out of the air drunk as I have sober. Practice makes perfect.

above in red

Grandpa
12-14-2012, 07:51 PM
above in red

I was being facetious, numbnuts.

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 07:55 PM
I was being facetious, numbnuts.
I know, you can't make fun of these fighting skills. I have my indian tribe name for a reason " man who blocks with face " :Moon:

Grandpa
12-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I know, you can't make fun of these fighting skills. I have my indian tribe name for a reason " man who blocks with face " :Moon:

The day after your surgery im going to hire the fattest stripper i can find to give you a lap dance. Lol

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 09:43 PM
The day after your surgery im going to hire the fattest stripper i can find to give you a lap dance. Lol

What's funny about that is we are having the company Xmas party next Friday at the strip club only 3 days after surgery. No lap dances for me. :025: