PDA

View Full Version : hood

blownaltered
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Well looks like I'm going to have to get a cowl hood on the 89, so I can raise the intake to put on taller valve covers. It already has a fiberglass hood but I need a taller one. Any recommendation on paint guys would be great, not looking for the cheapest or most expensive. Also which hood manufacterers are worth a damn.

BLK2012GT
12-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Greg at five star ford body shop in carrollton is great. He is shaggin Wagon on dfwmustangs

Grandpa
12-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Well looks like I'm going to have to get a cowl hood on the 89, so I can raise the intake to put on taller valve covers. It already has a fiberglass hood but I need a taller one. Any recommendation on paint guys would be great, not looking for the cheapest or most expensive. Also which hood manufacterers are worth a damn.

Check with our vendors! You get a discount with them and there is Christmas sales going on right now. Take advantage of them!

LateModel also has a two inch steel cowl hood like we were talking about as well as many others. :)

STROKD
12-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Cervini is what I recommend. get one that attaches and lifts up, not a stupid bolt on race hood...

blownaltered
12-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Cervini is what I recommend. get one that attaches and lifts up, not a stupid bolt on race hood...

I want it to function like stock. Really don't want to run hood pins but I really don't trust fiberglass at high speeds.

Grandpa
12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I want it to function like stock. Really don't want to run hood pins but I really don't trust fiberglass at high speeds.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-16612S/1987-93-Mustang-2-Steel-Cowl-Hood

blownaltered
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-16612S/1987-93-Mustang-2-Steel-Cowl-Hood

I just sent Tony with latemodel a message to see if it is a true cowl hood. From what I was told at Dallas Mustang is they sell the same hood and it just like a stock hood on the bottom so there is no extra clearance at all. I need the clearance or else I would leave the hood I got on it for a while.

Tony@Latemodel
12-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I just sent Tony with latemodel a message to see if it is a true cowl hood. From what I was told at Dallas Mustang is they sell the same hood and it just like a stock hood on the bottom so there is no extra clearance at all. I need the clearance or else I would leave the hood I got on it for a while.

i replied to your pm but i'll chime in here as well. unfortunately DM is correct on the clearance of the steel hood and i would suggest a Cervini hood if you need more clearance. i can get you a 5% forum discount or if you place an order for at least 4 parts we have a 12% off deal going right now.

STROKD
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM

Ive been almost 200, no hood pins... its called setting the hood up correctly to close right. Not throwing it on there and going racing.:hmmm2: