PDA

View Full Version : Need a good exhaust shop in Fort Worth

Slow6
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Ok so I have my car back with the base tune for engine break in and the exhaust is just horrible now. I need a good exhaust shop to help make a new system. Anyone know of any good shops in Fort Worth? Thanks

Courtesy Flush
12-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Phil's Muffler
3318 North Main Street Fort Worth, TX 76106

Guys done exhaust work for 30 years and ive never heard or had one complaint. Its on a first come first serve basis so get there early.

downtime!
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I always use Kinneys, especially now that they are off of Rufe Snow, just down the road. Definitely not the cheapest shop around, but they are one of the best. They've done 3 or 4 cars for me now, top notch work each time.

DirtyD
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Big John's Muffler Shop off Belknap in Haltom City is good

Luke
12-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Phil's Muffler
3318 North Main Street Fort Worth, TX 76106

Guys done exhaust work for 30 years and ive never heard or had one complaint. Its on a first come first serve basis so get there early.

+1 This guy is good, I've had him work on a couple trucks, awesome work, fast and cheap. Show up early though like he said, the wait can get long. Drop your car off then walk down the street and get some tacos.

Slow6
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Sounds good, thanks guys.

Courtesy Flush
12-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I always use Kinneys, especially now that they are off of Rufe Snow, just down the road. Definitely not the cheapest shop around, but they are one of the best. They've done 3 or 4 cars for me now, top notch work each time.

Love the location
Used him for a catback install on my 11, never again.
He fucked me over pretty good, i wont go into details as its water under the bridge but welding on a modular exhaust system is the just of it.

downtime!
12-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Love the location
Used him for a catback install on my 11, never again.
He fucked me over pretty good, i wont go into details as its water under the bridge but welding on a modular exhaust system is the just of it.I'm surprised at that. He's been my go to exhaust guy for years, since he was way across town at the old location. He'll be cleaning up the Gearheads nightmare under my '12 eventually.

Courtesy Flush
12-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm surprised at that. He's been my go to exhaust guy for years, since he was way across town at the old location. He'll be cleaning up the Gearheads nightmare under my '12 eventually.

Hes a good guy, just somewhere along the lines we were not on the same wavelength on what i wanted done. I was very clear in explaining i wanted something modular i could remove and replace if necessary. Verbatim i remember saying do not weld anything.

Speaking of gearheads, i went to them about putting an offroad pipe on shortly after the Kinney's ordeal. They advised me to go to Phils muffler in FW.

Just for shits heres what happened.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5130/5373978085_489def3f7e_b.jpg

Note the location of the x pipe, he cut my SS over axles and hacked up the stock midpipe to get this system in. When i got my offroad pipe and was wanting to get it bolted up , i was like 6-8 inches short from where the over axles meet the end of the midpipe.

When i called and asked Kinney's about putting the o/r midpipe on, he declined service saying it was illegal work.

downtime!
12-13-2012, 03:02 PM
That sucks!

That's what my OR-X looks like the GH installed. Couldn't understand why they had to cut it, since I have BBK longtubes and use a BBK X pipe. Should have bolted right on, but for some reason, they cut it to make it fit. Didn't hurt performance, but it did make me find a new shop after several years of using them.

Kinneys has always declined deleting cats. That's why I didn't use him for the install on this car. He will clean up hack work though. I may be taking the longtubes off anyway and going back to the stockers, but I'll still take it to him to get it done right.

Dark Pony
12-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Or, you could go to my fabricator who built my exhaust? Everything is mandrel bent and tig welded. Great work!

downtime!
12-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Or, you could go to my fabricator who built my exhaust? Everything is mandrel bent and tig welded. Great work!Who did yours again? Yours is the 3" system with the Spiral flow mufflers, right? Sounds killer!

Dark Pony
12-25-2012, 08:06 AM
His name is Ray. His shop is off of Harmon Rd and Heritage Trace Pkwy. It's called Old School Speed and Custom. His specialty is metal fabrication ranging anywhere minor exhaust work to building complete cars. His number is (817) 724-4374.