PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FOX

TrueStreetTim
12-07-2012, 01:02 PM
An epic night for free! Hope their able to air it uncut! Last prelims had some "blackouts" :thumbsdown:

Henderson vs Diaz
Very tough call. Benson by leg kicks/takedown

Rua vs Gustafsson
Good one again. Rua had trouble with Jone's reach (who doesn't). Gustafsson via boxing/reach. Mad submissions if it goes down.

Penn vs MacDonald
Can't wait! McDonald by "ragdoll" lol.

Swick vs Brown
Least favorite of the night. Another good, close fight!

Grandpa
12-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Amazing free card for sure.

Henderson vs Diaz - I'm a Diaz brothers fan. This will be a tough fight. If Nate can establish his range it's going to be a long fight for Henderson. If it hits the ground in the first round, Diaz by submission but the longer the fight goes the more its in Hendersons favor. That being said, I'm still picking Diaz by submission.

Rua vs Big Gus - Rua isn't the same fighter he was in Pride. I'm picking Big Gus by TKO in the 2nd.

Penn vs McDonald = It all depends which BJ shows up for the fight. He seems motivated for this one and had a good training camp. I asked him how his hands feel and he said they are good and he's going into the fight with no injuries for a change. I'm picking BJ by TKO.

Mike "Quick" Swick vs Brown - Anyone who bets against Swick is a fool. lol.

TrueStreetTim
12-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Diaz by submission but the longer the fight goes the more its in Hendersons favor.

I'm looking at Diaz to have the better cardio?

Grandpa
12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm looking at Diaz to have the better cardio?

It's not that. It's the longer the fight goes the more slippery they get and brings down the percentage for submission much lower. Diaz isn't going to keep this fight standing up. He wants no part of Henderson's superior striking. Henderson has world class TKD and good Muai Thai and isn't going to stand and trade Diaz style straight slap boxing.

TrueStreetTim
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Couple inside kicks from the bigger Henderson will be the first obstacle I see.

Grandpa
12-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Couple inside kicks from the bigger Henderson will be the first obstacle I see.

Henderson will be a lil apprehensive of throwing kicks at all in the first round. He doesnt want his leg grabbed and taken down in the first round while he is dry.

Grandpa
12-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow... Brown KO's Swick in a big way. Ouch.

BLK2012GT
12-08-2012, 09:56 PM
<-------------Not a UFC fan:pepper:

Grandpa
12-08-2012, 10:32 PM
<-------------Not a UFC fan:pepper:

Then ignore this thread. Lol. Fighting is way more exciting and fun than boring ass football.

Grandpa
12-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Shogun looked really old against Big Gus.

BLK2012GT
12-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Then ignore this thread. Lol. Fighting is way more exciting and fun than boring ass football.

Um, not really.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
12-09-2012, 12:13 AM
UFC on fox sucks!!

Grandpa
12-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Um, not really.

Yes, really.

UFC on fox sucks!!

Don't bitch, it's free. There is a crap load of commercials for sure, but at least it didn't cost $60 bucks to watch it.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
12-09-2012, 12:29 AM
We watched it 30 mins in the rear. So needless to say we only got to see half of the first round.....

Who won?

Grandpa
12-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Henderson by decision. I'm sure you can watch it on Fox's website.

blownaltered
12-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Henderson by decision. I'm sure you can watch it on Fox's website.

Went longer than I thought. Diaz took some good shots, I didn't think he would keep going but he did.

Grandpa
12-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Went longer than I thought. Diaz took some good shots, I didn't think he would keep going but he did.

As we were talking about before, like them or not, the Diaz boys come to fight. They never put on a boring fight, ever. Standing up, or on the ground they are constantly attacking, never just wasting time. Never afraid to take chances of getting hit to give one. They don't do the Greg Jackson and GSP way of playing it safe. I fucking despise Greg Jackson! :flame:

blownaltered
12-11-2012, 12:18 AM
As we were talking about before, like them or not, the Diaz boys come to fight. They never put on a boring fight, ever. Standing up, or on the ground they are constantly attacking, never just wasting time. Never afraid to take chances of getting hit to give one. They don't do the Greg Jackson and GSP way of playing it safe. I fucking despise Greg Jackson! :flame:

I'll give you that but I still don't think Nick can take GSP.

Grandpa
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
I'll give you that but I still don't think Nick can take GSP.

If Matt Serra can knock out GSP, then Diaz can too. lol.

blownaltered
12-11-2012, 12:31 AM
If Matt Serra can knock out GSP, then Diaz can too. lol.

Diaz doesn't have the power Serra had, Nick is a punches in bunches kind of guy. I just don't see him having the power to put away GSP. I think Nick will have the bjj advantage but GSP will have the better wrestling and the strength advantage.

Grandpa
12-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Diaz doesn't have the power Serra had, Nick is a punches in bunches kind of guy. I just don't see him having the power to put away GSP. I think Nick will have the bjj advantage but GSP will have the better wrestling and the strength advantage.

We're going to do a sig bet on this fight. lol.

blownaltered
12-11-2012, 12:43 AM
We're going to do a sig bet on this fight. lol.

I'm in, I think I got this one in the bag

Grandpa
12-11-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm in, I think I got this one in the bag

I dunno, he didn't look very good against Condit.

blownaltered
12-14-2012, 08:02 PM
I dunno, he didn't look very good against Condit.

So what's the bet and where we watching this

Grandpa
12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
So what's the bet and where we watching this

Its rumored the fight was signed today and they will announce it tonight. I will think of something good for our bet. Lol