PDA

View Full Version : Effed up rim need some tips

Crash
12-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Not sure if this is gonna post correctly I'm using this new app but my gf curb checked super hard today rim isn't bent but blew my tire and scratched the rim badly any one got a place that can refinish or should I just buy a new rim and tire

Crash
12-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Crap I don't even have a spare it seems looks like ima have to let them tow it dam I hope they don't fuck up the body kit or scratch it

Grandpa
12-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear it. Hope you get it sorted out.

03MachMe
12-06-2012, 11:49 PM
What kind of wheels?

Crash
12-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Gt500 matte black rims 19s but I bought a cheap 19 inch rim and new tire from ntb so didn't have to get it towed

Luke
12-07-2012, 01:33 AM
You have a tire/wheel warranty from when you bought the car? They'll usually pay for aftermarket wheels too, mine does.

Crash
12-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Ya I do I didn't think it would cover new rims I bought unless did u mean warranty from where I got my rims n tires

03MachMe
12-07-2012, 09:44 PM
You have a tire/wheel warranty from when you bought the car? They'll usually pay for aftermarket wheels too, mine does.

They told me that was if you hit something that wasn't suppose to be there. A curb is supposed to be there is exactly what she said lol

jpgraham65
12-07-2012, 09:52 PM
On a related note, I have some minor curb rash on my stock Brembo rims (thanks to my little brother!). Does anyone know where I can find some stock paint for these?

Luke
12-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Ya I do I didn't think it would cover new rims I bought unless did u mean warranty from where I got my rims n tires

I bought a used Expedition a while back with 22's, the tire and wheel coverage covered them. I took them off though because they looked like shit but the coverage follows whatever wheels are on the vehicle. This was info from the dealership I used to work at, but I could see how people would get some damaged wheels cheap in order to warranty them and the dealer try to protect themselves. Either way, it's worth looking into

They told me that was if you hit something that wasn't suppose to be there. A curb is supposed to be there is exactly what she said lol

They don't need to know what you hit, maybe you were in a construction area and there was a block of concrete in the road... ;)

Luke
12-08-2012, 03:56 AM
On a related note, I have some minor curb rash on my stock Brembo rims (thanks to my little brother!). Does anyone know where I can find some stock paint for these?

Call up Grapevine Ford and see who they use, they had a wheel of mine fixed and it looks great.

BlueBolt
12-15-2012, 10:26 AM
This is who forgestar recommended to me. I haven't got my curb rash fixed yet but they supposably do good work.

http://www.fixrim.com/