PDA

View Full Version : Random Misfire

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
New code being thrown now, a P0300, car runs like shit and I want to set it on fire.

Midnight11
12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
did u have the battery disconnected when you fixed it last night?

you at work?

11bangbang
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
damn, you think running rich the other night might have fouled the plugs?

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
You need to stay out of boost until you get the tune finished. lol

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 04:19 PM
did you do a CAM reset?

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 04:26 PM
did u have the battery disconnected when you fixed it last night?

you at work?

Doing that right now.

damn, you think running rich the other night might have fouled the plugs?

Not sure, didn't drive much when that happened.

You need to stay out of boost until you get the tune finished. lol

I just want to get to work and back.

did you do a CAM reset?

Explain, link??

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Sorry, it's actually KAM (Keep Alive Memory)

http://stangsunited.com/showthread.php?1640-Resetting-KAM-quot-Keep-Alive-Memory-quot-when-doing-mods-to-your-Ford&

It is very important that anyone who loads in a new calibration file, fuel pump, MAF Sensor or throttle body (no matter what TB) resets the "keep alive memory".. especially but not limitted to the 2010 -2011's

resetting "KAM" in these cars means first disconnecting the negative battery cable then turn on the head light switch. Do this for at least 20 minutes with the head lights turned on

(head lights on because the power that is stored in the PCM goes to the head lights)

Then turn head lights off after 20 minutes and reconnect negative cable. start car, do not touch gas pedal or turn steering wheel and make sure the A/C and heat is off and let the car idle for at least 2 minutes.. an erratic idle is not abnormal when doing this procedure seeing as how the car is searching for an idle.

After the car learns its idle it should be fine moving forward. Then you can/should turn on the AC for a min for the computer to adjust to that change and into gear (if automatic) Then take it out for normal average driving to complete the process and allow the proper time for the computer to go through it's adaptation (usually 50 or so miles)

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Sorry, it's actually KAM (Keep Alive Memory)

http://stangsunited.com/showthread.php?1640-Resetting-KAM-quot-Keep-Alive-Memory-quot-when-doing-mods-to-your-Ford&

Doing this now, thanks!

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
This is why if your Mustang is your daily you shouldn't mod it. lol.

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
This is why if your Mustang is your daily you shouldn't mod it. lol.

Mustangs suck, I should have bought a Daewoo Lanos.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM

ANY modded car sucks for a daily driver. lol. It's not IF it breaks on you, but when. I learned that in my early 20's doing the same shit you are now. It's not worth the headache and stress of a heavily modded daily. It's time for you to buy yourself a cheap cash car to drive everyday and play with the Stang on the weekends.

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
ANY modded car sucks for a daily driver. lol. It's not IF it breaks on you, but when. I learned that in my early 20's doing the same shit you are now. It's not worth the headache and stress of a heavily modded daily. It's time for you to buy yourself a cheap cash car to drive everyday and play with the Stang on the weekends.

I know, I may try and find a civic or ranger or something for 2-4K in a few weeks.

Zeek
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM

+1 that shits great!

Midnight11
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM

you just got killed by a daewoo lanos bitch!! :D
I know, I may try and find a civic or ranger or something for 2-4K in a few weeks.

hit me up foo :D you would have to give me the money first but i can get one

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 05:23 PM
you just got killed by a daewoo lanos bitch!! :D

hit me up foo :D you would have to give me the money first but i can get one

I will foo.

Taxman
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Fuck that! Buy you a cheap piece of shit beater that you ONLY drive if the Mustang is down. I daily drive the shit out of mine. If I wanted to drive a Honda, I would've bought one. I'm putting 16-18k miles a year on mine and if it pops, I've got a back up until I can get it fixed.

BLK2012GT
12-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Karma's a bitch. Making fun of my shit being broken. At least mine was running right foo.

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Karma's a bitch. Making fun of my shit being broken. At least mine was running right foo.

That's what I get for shitting in your bushes Saturday night, damn.

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM

At least his is still running, foo.

:D

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Fuck that! Buy you a cheap piece of shit beater that you ONLY drive if the Mustang is down. I daily drive the shit out of mine. If I wanted to drive a Honda, I would've bought one. I'm putting 16-18k miles a year on mine and if it pops, I've got a back up until I can get it fixed.

I think your perspective on that would be abit different if your car was making 200rw more than it is now and your parts were as expensive. lol

Taxman
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I think your perspective on that would be abit different if your car was making 200rw more than it is now and your parts were as expensive. lol

My perspective won't change when I get to that power level. I built mine with a plan to make reliable power on a stock bottom end. When I go bigger, I'll have a build that reflects that same principal but on a built bottom end.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM
My perspective won't change when I get to that power level. I built mine with a plan to make reliable power on a stock bottom end. When I go bigger, I'll have a build that reflects that same principal but on a built bottom end.

From that post, I suspect this is the most powerful car you have ever owned, am I correct?

"Built" or not, when you get to that power level parts fail more often. It's the nature of the beast. At the very least, when you have a high powered manual car you will have transmission and clutch issues. When you go to the next level of power, be it power, heat, vibration etc, you're always going to find the weak link in the car. Your car can be "built" all you want, but abad tank of gas or a hiccup in a tune destroy a "built" motor as quickly as a stock one.

Taxman
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
From that post, I suspect this is the most powerful car you have ever owned, am I correct?

"Built" or not, when you get to that power level parts fail more often. It's the nature of the beast. At the very least, when you have a high powered manual car you will have transmission and clutch issues. When you go to the next level of power, be it power, heat, vibration etc, you're always going to find the weak link in the car. Your car can be "built" all you want, but abad tank of gas or a hiccup in a tune destroy a "built" motor as quickly as a stock one.

Yeah this is my starting point in this. I get what you're saying and I understand it. Things happen, but you can plan for most things. That's why there's a back up. I'm just not a believer in building a car and rarely driving it. I get it for folks that are building a race car and that is its primary function... just not for drivers.

And as far as cost, you don't do it if you can't afford to replace it.

And I appreciate what y'all are saying but there's no way I'm driving a Camry to work. Lol. That's just me.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah this is my starting point in this. I get what you're saying and I understand it. Things happen, but you can plan for most things. That's why there's a back up. I'm just not a believer in building a car and rarely driving it. I get it for folks that are building a race car and that is its primary function... just not for drivers.

And as far as cost, you don't do it if you can't afford to replace it.

And I appreciate what y'all are saying but there's no way I'm driving a Camry to work. Lol. That's just me.

I completely understand what you are saying, but since you haven't gone through it yet it's easy to say what you would and wouldn't do.

There is always a trade off with high powered cars. At your power level, the car still has stock like manners and drivability. Until recently, 500 or so was about that limit, now with some newer cars a car (mustangs for the sake of this discussion) that number has been moved up to around the 600 mark.

But regardless of the make, model or how much money is thrown at a car, when you go through the process of building a high horsepower car it's very time consuming, expensive and trial and error on what is going to work and still have daily driver manners.

Eventually, at some point after tearing your car apart numerous times, tuning issues, blow a motor here,break a trans there, a dozen clutches, eventually you will get to a point in this hobby where you will appreciate having that "Camry" that will run and start everytime you turn the key, get good mileage, it's quiet not attracting every cop within a mile of you.. lol.

Taxman
12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Like I said, I get it. It's just not me. Much more likely to have a car like what I have now as a daily if I was going big.

I get what you're saying, and to say that one can't learn from other people isn't a fair assumption. I hear what you're saying. I'm just saying that's not me. People change, so I'm sure you're just chuckling away at your computer saying "lets see ya in five years" and maybe you're right. However at this point and looking forward, I just couldn't see myself having a 700-800 hp car sitting in my garage while I drove my beat up cavalier to the office. If that's you, hey more power to you. That's just not me.

blownaltered
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I completely understand what you are saying, but since you haven't gone through it yet it's easy to say what you would and wouldn't do.

There is always a trade off with high powered cars. At your power level, the car still has stock like manners and drivability. Until recently, 500 or so was about that limit, now with some newer cars a car (mustangs for the sake of this discussion) that number has been moved up to around the 600 mark.

But regardless of the make, model or how much money is thrown at a car, when you go through the process of building a high horsepower car it's very time consuming, expensive and trial and error on what is going to work and still have daily driver manners.

Eventually, at some point after tearing your car apart numerous times, tuning issues, blow a motor here,break a trans there, a dozen clutches, eventually you will get to a point in this hobby where you will appreciate having that "Camry" that will run and start everytime you turn the key, get good mileage, it's quiet not attracting every cop within a mile of you.. lol.
X2
The old standard was 500, if you were around or below that you were usually ok. But once you got above you started having issues. God know I never went through that. :signs8: There is a breaking point on these new ones also and once you hit a certain power level you will always be working on them, it's always something. I loved driving my car on weekends but damn glad I had a daily driver.

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Found the problem, vacuum leakage after the MAF.

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I blew my struts and now I'm afraid to do anything more than an oil change and fuel refill. LOL

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM

Woooo, fooooo! :party:

blownaltered
12-03-2012, 08:24 PM

That will do it. I found a cluster of vacuum leaks on my car a few weeks ago. My car is a draw through system so it didn't even act like it had a leak.

Taxman
12-03-2012, 08:26 PM

I spent a week chasing a vacuum leak after I swapped manifolds.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Blower cars are very vaccum dependent. A small leak anywhere can cause a headache effecting idle quality, your brakes and over all driveability. The heat and vibration in the engine bay can easily crack/move hoses/lines to create a small headache. Just comes with owning a blower car. I've gotten used to it. My last several cars have all been blower cars, this one will be no different.lol.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 08:33 PM
That will do it. I found a cluster of vacuum leaks on my car a few weeks ago. My car is a draw through system so it didn't even act like it had a leak.

It may not have effected your idle quality, but I bet you feel a whole lot better knowing when you hit the brakes they will work! lmao

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 08:40 PM
This is what it's like to put all the time, effort and money into a high power daily driver. I'm sure David can relate to it. lol.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/dammit-funny-target.gif?w=230&h=182

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
This is what it's like to put all the time, effort and money into a high power daily driver. I'm sure David can relate to it. lol.

I would feel so awesome doing that. Haha

blownaltered
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM

That video is great.

Screw a high horsepower daily, not only do not want to pay for the breakage but the hell with paying for the high octane gas. I will roll around in my truck during the week and cruise the stang on the weekends.

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm on Jayes side, daily driven race car, foo.

Midnight11
12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
same i dont want to be caught in a jalopy haha

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm on Jayes side, daily driven race car, foo.

How's that workin out for ya? lol

OG Fox
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
i daily drive my race car. but its not blown. yet.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
same i dont want to be caught in a jalopy haha

My SRT8, Explorer or Mach aren't jalopys, just stock. lol.

Taxman
12-03-2012, 11:04 PM
My SRT8, Explorer or Mach aren't jalopys, just stock. lol.

Just like your mustang....

BOOM!

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Just like your mustang....

BOOM!

You mean my stock car that will hang with your show/race car or drag you silly with just an exhaust and tune? :D

Taxman
12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
You mean my stock car that will hang with your show/race car or drag you silly with just an exhaust and tune? :D

Anyone can buy faster stock cars... so yes.

That's Ford's accomplishment.

Taxman
12-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Just give me credit... that was good Steve.

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Just give me credit... that was good Steve.

My car isn't stock.. :kiss:

Taxman
12-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Ok don't give me credit. :suicide:

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Ok don't give me credit. :suicide:

lmao!!

blownaltered
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
My daily turd
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/blownaltered/image-1.jpg

Bearded Banger
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
My daily has twin turbos. My other daily has no rear windows.

blownaltered
12-03-2012, 11:38 PM

I know which one you don't take out in the rain. :D

Phuck Phace
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM

Has a cage too right?

Bearded Banger
12-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Has a cage too right?

Sure does!

BLK2012GT
12-04-2012, 01:36 AM

OMG I'm seriously in tears laughing at that shit.

Grandpa
12-04-2012, 02:05 AM
OMG I'm seriously in tears laughing at that shit.

I did too. You know they spent a couple of hours loading all those fucking things on there only to get dumped like that.

Slow6
12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
I drive a racecar as a daily driver. And one that actually see the track more than the street. Nothing wrong with it. You break something you fix it. Just have a second racecar to drive while the first one is broke. I personally dont want to be seen in a Honda. I hate driving the girlfriends Honda around town but she wont get in the '68 Mustang and I havent had the 2011 in about 7+ months since it broke so she hasnt even seen it yet.. If you build a car then you damn well better have the money to build it again very soon.

Oh and that video was awesome.