PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans???

kanetrain
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
What are you guys' future plans for your cars? Performance mods? Appearance mods?

Next thing I'm doing is a 2.5in cowl hood, then a throttle body(hopefully I can pick up a little low end power that I lost with my CAI/tune)

EDIT: speaking of a hood, Midnight, can you post some different pics of yours?

Grandpa
06-21-2012, 01:51 PM
The only other exterior mods I'm planning is just lowering it.

Other than that just exhaust mods are planned. Nothing too crazy, just a nice clean cruiser with enough power to have fun cruising it. :)

StormTrooper
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Next month for me will be X-pipe, JLT Intake, and a Tune.

Phuck Phace
06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Trade it in for a far superior Camaro.

Midnight11
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
intake, tune, h pipe. then save for a tvs

and yes ill make a thread in the member rides for you

Grandpa
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Well, at least it would be a slight step up from the V6'er.

kanetrain
06-21-2012, 03:27 PM

Eww

downtime!
06-21-2012, 03:48 PM
I've got mine close to how I want it now, so likely just a blower (probably go with a Procharger since these cars love to rev), and at some point I'm going to replace the trans with a T56 swap. Other than that, just appearance stuff as I find things I like.

Phuck Phace
06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Well, at least it would be a slight step up from the V6'er.
Not a V6, it has a 2.3L 4 Cylinder from an 88 LX.

Eww

I kid.
Probably long tubes or a bottle next.

Midnight11
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
not a v6, it has a 2.3l 4 cylinder from an 88 lx.

I kid.
Probably long tubes or a bottle next.

longtubes!!!!

StormTrooper
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Thats what I say as well.

longtubes!!!!

DirtyD
06-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Don't really have much planned for my car for awhile (once I get it). I have a Barton v2 bracket and JHR clutch line on order from LRS right now. Probably some FRPP K springs after that. Then for my birthday I will probably buy myself the FRPP Power Pack because I like the peace of mid it retains a warranty with it. Then a MGW shifter and some appearance stuff here and there. Of course, I need to grow a money tree first.

pohnjarker
06-22-2012, 04:47 PM
hmm...i guess i can dream what i want to do when i get home.

Suspension - Steeda Ultralights, Koni str.t, Watts linkage

Engine - Paxton Kit and JMS Bottle in a Bag and i want to

Appearance - Saleen Grill

Exhaust - GT500 mufflers

I guess that'll do it for now

SNEAKY
06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
this is the wife's daily,so not much.maybe a tune. i do want to do the boss hood stripe and the black out panel on the trunk.

Doug1227
06-26-2012, 08:56 PM
So far all I've done is a tune by Truestreet, K&N, GT500A/B and Jeg's Cat deletes. I'm tempted to buy a CAI, but I'm trying to resist buying things that aren't part of my longterm goals. I've been saying a wanted to put a KB2.8LC on it, but I'm starting to look pretty seriously at Hellion's new twin setup. I LOVE the sound of BOV's and turbos just make power SO efficiently. The only thing that has me a little apprehensive is the underhood heat. My turbo fox generated so much heat under the hood it would melt anything within 6" of the hotside! I think it may have had uncharacteristically high EGT's though so maybe I'm worrying over nothing. I'd like to see a turbo'd '12 in person before I make up my mind. I also need to figure out how hard it is to change the oil pump gear as that seems to be a major weak link from what I've read.

Grandpa
06-26-2012, 09:27 PM
So far all I've done is a tune by Truestreet, K&N, GT500A/B and Jeg's Cat deletes. I'm tempted to buy a CAI, but I'm trying to resist buying things that aren't part of my longterm goals. I've been saying a wanted to put a KB2.8LC on it, but I'm starting to look pretty seriously at Hellion's new twin setup. I LOVE the sound of BOV's and turbos just make power SO efficiently. The only thing that has me a little apprehensive is the underhood heat. My turbo fox generated so much heat under the hood it would melt anything within 6" of the hotside! I think it may have had uncharacteristically high EGT's though so maybe I'm worrying over nothing. I'd like to see a turbo'd '12 in person before I make up my mind. I also need to figure out how hard it is to change the oil pump gear as that seems to be a major weak link from what I've read.

Kevin's(04sleeper) will be getting that kit here very soon. So you may not have to wait very long to see how it will run. :)

Midnight11
06-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Hellion is overrated go with Lund racings kit

Doug1227
06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I haven't seen much other than the Alpha car for Lund. I got the impression that they were still a ways away from having it all jigged up and ready for production. I think the cost between the two is about the same. Don't get me wrong, they're BOTH expensive! I did just read a good article in the August '12 5.0/Superfords magazine where they did an install of the Hellion twin kit. Up until then, I hadn't really seen the components in the kit, look at the pipe routing, etc. It looks like a decent kit. Like I said earlier, my biggest concern is the hotside piping and it's routing relative to other components in the engine compartment. I'd love to check one out in person!

Midnight11
06-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Search on s197 for hellion threads. The one guy who bought his could never get it tuned right and only made like 500 hp lol

Doug1227
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I think that was the single kit... I have read negative things about it... I think that's why they went to a twin setup and it's making sick power at very low boost levels. Not that many running around just yet though..

Phuck Phace
06-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I want a set of twins now too.

Grandpa
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
The twin kit makes very nice power. Kevin will tune his own car on e85 as usual. I have no doubt it will make great power with great drivabilty. Hopefully he will start posting soon his usual tech stuff. You guys will feel better about after that. He knows his shit.

Grandpa
06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I want a set of twins now too.

Blondes, brunettes or redheads? I know you arent talkin turbos for the sixer. Lol

Doug1227
06-27-2012, 12:24 PM
One other concern I have about the turbo kits is whether you can throw the cats back on once a year and get it inspected?

Grandpa
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
One other concern I have about the turbo kits is whether you can throw the cats back on once a year and get it inspected?

I would think as long as the car isn't throwing a code you would be fine at inspection time. I've never had a problem getting the Mach inspected with no cats.

Doug1227
06-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Oh really? My tune turns off my back 2 O2's, but I assumed I'd still have to swap them out at inspection time. These fancy new cars are a new experience for me! LOL!

Grandpa
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh really? My tune turns off my back 2 O2's, but I assumed I'd still have to swap them out at inspection time. These fancy new cars are a new experience for me! LOL!

LOL, yeah. Technology is a wonderful thing. All the power you could want with great drivability to boot. You really can have your cake and eat it too with street cars these days.

Hell, everyone was telling me how harsh the ride was going to be on 20's and slammed on Sportline springs. So many people said it that it made me think twice about it. So I lowered the car anyways being nervous about it and let me tell you, I think everyone who said that stuff never drove foxbodies because this thing still rides like a Caddy compared to slammed Fox! hahahaha.