PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth To Do

pohnjarker
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
I figure since a few of yall live in Ft. Worth, i'd ask for some advice.

The wifey wants to go to spend the night in Ft. Worth for our last weekend before i leave again, the weekend before New Years...

I will be looking online for reviews and such but a locals opinions are usually better. I'm looking for a nice hotel, carriage ride, and dinner. we'll also be going to Hyenas comedy club so that should be fun, the one in Dallas was hilarious.

She wants the hotel to be down town near everything and it would be nice if we could walk and enjoy the lights to everything, but that's not a must. a cab ride is not an issue.

she mentioned an italian restaurant called Taverna if anyone has been there, let me know how it is. she's been to the one in Dallas and likes it. any other recommendations are always welcome.

hmm...i dont think i forgot anything...any suggestions would be great.

Midnight11
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
the reata is a really nice restaurant. its in sundance square.

http://www.reata.net/fort-worth-restaurant.html

Slow6
11-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Stay at the Worthington, have dinner at reata, great place but dress the part, and hit the comedy club but you have to go to Pete's Piano Bar on Houston next to the Fox and the Hound and the Library. Then after that head back to the Worthington and hit the pool and then go to bed. Also if the carriage ride is a must you can pick them up at the curb of the Worthington. But walking in downtown Fort Worth is safe and a nice walk with the Christmas stuff up now.

pohnjarker
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
damn, that place looks good. i love that kind of food but wife is a little more harder to please.

however im surprised that she had looked at it before so thats where we shall go.

pohnjarker
11-30-2012, 01:24 PM
thanks slow, that looks like a good plan. unfortunately, the carriage ride is a must for the wife so i have to add that in.
i have been looking at the Worthington and it looks very nice, glad to have a recommendation for it. if we go there, im thinking of springing for a terrace suite so we can enjoy a drink out there and see the city lights

03MachMe
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM
the reata is a really nice restaurant. its in sundance square.

http://www.reata.net/fort-worth-restaurant.html

this is what I was going to recommend. Purposed to my wife there.

pohnjarker
11-30-2012, 01:36 PM
wow, that was much easier than i thought it would be
midnight and slow, thanks a ton.
i ran the plan by the wife and she likes it, probably the easiest i have given her a plan and she didnt change anything...haha. i would have spend a couple weeks researching everything so awesome!!

Luke
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM
First time I went to Reata, my wife (then girlfriend, we were in our teens) ordered her food then wasn't hungry. I took at least two hours to clean both plates, no way in hell I was wasting $100 worth of food. It was damn good too.

Slow6
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
The third floor I believe is the terrace floor and you have to have a special keycard to get there on the elevator but you can also take the stairs if you want to throw in alittle excitement into the night about doing something dangerous per say in the sense of getting caught but you can always say you just found it from the stairwell. lol Thats what I always do with a date. the Mezzinine bar is cool also. If you want a hell of a view for the room then look at the Omni hotel and get a top north facing room. The balconies are amazing and you can see from the water gardens to the court house. And its a fun place to "play" with the wifey outside with a great view. I would highly recommend the water gardens also as a fun little walk after the comedy club and pete's its only a few more blocks and is a nice place to sit and watch the lights and water fountains.

downtime!
11-30-2012, 02:57 PM
The Ashton is a nice, smaller hotel right off of 6th (next door to the Library, if you feel like clubbing a bit). The Reata is an easy walk from there and the carriage rides go right by the front as well.

DirtyD
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I would follow Slow's plan. Everything I was going to say.

Slow6
11-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Trust me I live here and go downtown almost every weekend and alot during the week. If you dont have a budget and want to impress her follow the plan.

pohnjarker
12-02-2012, 08:38 AM
definitely...a nice room with a terrace will be good and we can enjoy our extra curriculars out there.
the restaurant was my choice since she made the choice right when i get home so we'll go to Reatas and enjoy. i'll see about checking out the water park, im sure she will like that.

pohnjarker
12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
well fuck...yesterday when i looked online, the worthington had several rooms available, now they have zero.

any other hotel suggestions??

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I would suggest calling the hotel before believing that online reservation nonsense. Tell them the special event you are planning and i bet you they will find you a room. They know people who are there for a special occasion are there to spend money and more likely to return later down the road.

pohnjarker
12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I did call them, they said they didnt have any room available on that date.
i'll give them another call and see

pohnjarker
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
still no.

im thinking about getting a room at the hilton and calling it a night...

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
The W in Grapevine is super nice and there is tons to do around there. :)

pohnjarker
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
the wife wants Ft. Worth :(

Grandpa
12-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Ft.Worth sucks.

Midnight11
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
no it really doesnt lol

DirtyD
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
call The Omni and see what they have available.

Slow6
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I would call the Omni

pohnjarker
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
I would call the Omni

i'll give them a call but online they are all booked up

DirtyD
12-04-2012, 01:14 AM
What weekend are you planning to do this?

pohnjarker
12-04-2012, 02:31 AM
the 28th of December

pohnjarker
12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
ok...so i got a room at the Hilton, carriage ride, and dinner at the Reata confirmed. the wifey will reserve the comedy club and if we're feeling ok after that, we'll hit up the piano bar to finish out the night.

a big thanks to the help from you guys!

DirtyD
12-05-2012, 09:23 AM
No problem, John. I'm sure everything is booked with that being right before New Year's

pohnjarker
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
No problem, John. I'm sure everything is booked with that being right before New Year's

yea...no one to blame but myself. more pissed cuz i knew better and should have jumped on it than anything else.

it'll be a hell of a time anyways