PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

03MachMe
10-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Alright sold my stock wheels and have about a grand total for the last round of mods for a while. If you were in my spot what would you do? Lowering the car HAS to be part of it as the 4x4 look is not for me lol. Things I am thinking about are springs, panhard bar, new grille, GT500 or similar wing, Roush AB, struts.

The car will not be tracked and mostly driven like a grandma so performance mods are fun but not really needed. Will not be doing anything to void the warranty, IE SCT tune, blower, etc. Now if you were in my shoes what would you spend the money on.

DirtyD
10-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Order the BMR spring and FRTD Aluminum PHB from Jay at Hypermotive, by your GT500 wing from 3DCarbon prepainted (best painting out there for a parts dealer), then I would recommend a shifter assembly, which will help with the smoothness of the shifting since you drive it daily.

Oh, and decide on what exhaust you want! Lol

jayman33
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
How low do you want to go? I customer of mine just purchased a set of H&R race springs and it look killer. He has the same wheels as you and the drop is perfect. Here is a quick pick of his car plus those springs are a tad cheaper than the BMR but the quality is still there. I also have the freedom racing LCA's and PHB in stock. I agree with dirty on the wing, I've never had issues with their paint. My opinion is get your suspension knocked out first, I always start from the ground up. If you want Struts and shocks I would suggest the Koni STR.T but you'll need a set of GT500 strut mounts. I'll shoot ya a pm on some options.

DirtyD
10-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah, if you want to go all suspension, just do a full non-coilover setup, with Koni STR.Ts, or Yellows, and get everything else to ride low and slow. :D

Grandpa
10-29-2012, 11:17 PM
If you lower it, you have to do a panhard too, otherwise one wheel will stick out ghetto style. So add that to your must do's along with springs. You drive like on old man like me so the stock shifter doesnt bother me at all so i wouldnt waste the money on that.

Other than that just get the mufflers you want. :)

03MachMe
10-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Order the BMR spring and FRTD Aluminum PHB from Jay at Hypermotive, by your GT500 wing from 3DCarbon prepainted (best painting out there for a parts dealer), then I would recommend a shifter assembly, which will help with the smoothness of the shifting since you drive it daily.

Oh, and decide on what exhaust you want! Lol
yea I know I need to figure it out lol

How low do you want to go? I customer of mine just purchased a set of H&R race springs and it look killer. He has the same wheels as you and the drop is perfect. Here is a quick pick of his car plus those springs are a tad cheaper than the BMR but the quality is still there. I also have the freedom racing LCA's and PHB in stock. I agree with dirty on the wing, I've never had issues with their paint. My opinion is get your suspension knocked out first, I always start from the ground up. If you want Struts and shocks I would suggest the Koni STR.T but you'll need a set of GT500 strut mounts. I'll shoot ya a pm on some options.

sweet thanks!

If you lower it, you have to do a panhard too, otherwise one wheel will stick out ghetto style. So add that to your must do's along with springs. You drive like on old man like me so the stock shifter doesnt bother me at all so i wouldnt waste the money on that.

Other than that just get the mufflers you want. :)

yea forgot to add that to the list but that is a given. I agree on the shifter, the stock one hasn't bothered me yet and I don't plan on racing. maybe a new shift knob tho lol

Midnight11
10-30-2012, 12:21 AM
lower. koni struts with steeda sport springs and a freedom racing panhard bar

03MachMe
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
alright I think I'm going with H&R springs, Koni STR.R struts, Freedom Racing panhard bar, and the Roush Grille. Just going to take out the lower grille until Roush releases the lower grille

JDBishopArts
10-30-2012, 04:44 PM
^^ That's the exact suspension set up I'm going with.

Slow6
10-30-2012, 04:58 PM
How low are you wanting to go? I have the H&R Super Sports on mine with 26" tall Michelin Pilot Super Sports and I only have about 2.5" of ground clearance. Kinda sucks with all the construction going on around DFW. But the way the car is progressing the construction will be finished before my car is. lol

03MachMe
10-31-2012, 08:42 PM
I want to be pretty low. There isnt much construction here on the Dallas side of