PDA

View Full Version : Popped My [Ticket] Cherry...

DirtyD
10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Got a little to happy with the throttle this morning after picking up some awesome pig-in-the-blankets :chewie:, and got clocked for 52 (Officer told me 51....like it makes a difference though) in a 30 zone. So I guess I get to finally sit through defensive driving, as I know I'm not paying this ticket...:biggun:

BLK2012GT
10-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Damn.......Where did this happen at?

DirtyD
10-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Damn.......Where did this happen at?
Haltom City, right off Northern Cross Blvd.

03MachMe
10-24-2012, 11:11 AM
In some cities you cant do defensive driving if its over 20 over the limit just an FYI

Phuck Phace
10-24-2012, 11:14 AM
In some cities you cant do defensive driving if its over 20 over the limit just an FYI

True, you may have to see the judge to do it.
I had one ticket that was 31 over and had to see a judge to get deferred adjudication.

JDBishopArts
10-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I thought it was all of Texas you couldn't do defensive driving if you're going over 20 mph of the posted limit. Maybe not.

I got clocked at 126 in a 60 and the guy wrote a ticket for me doing 80 so I could take defensive driving. He said my honesty and my A&M parking pass helped. lol He was an Ag grad.

DirtyD
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
From Haltom City's website,

You are eligible for Driving Safety Course if you:

◦Have not taken a driving safety course for a traffic offense within the last 12 months;◦Are not currently taking the course for another traffic violation◦Have not committed the offense of speeding 25mph over the speed limit; and◦Have not committed one of the following offenses: (a) Failure to Give Information at Accident Scene;
(b) Leaving Scene of Accident.
(c ) Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Police Officer;
(d) Reckless Driving
(e) Passing a School Bus
(f) A serious traffic violation, which applies to commercial motor vehicle operators;
(g) An offense in a construction maintenance zone when workers are present.

◦Did not have a commercial drivers license on the date of violation.

I can take DD for whatever that costs plus $112 for court fees and administrative fees. Beats $243 for the full ticket.

Grandpa
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Got a little to happy with the throttle this morning after picking up some awesome pig-in-the-blankets :chewie:, and got clocked for 52 (Officer told me 51....like it makes a difference though) in a 30 zone. So I guess I get to finally sit through defensive driving, as I know I'm not paying this ticket...:biggun:

You still have to pay, it just won't go on your record is all.

03MachMe
10-24-2012, 11:21 AM
True, you may have to see the judge to do it.
I had one ticket that was 31 over and had to see a judge to get deferred adjudication.
yep if they tell you that you cant do defensive driving set a court date and talk to the judge or prosecutor, tell them it is your first ticket and are wanting to work with them they might be able to lower it to 20 or do differed.
I thought it was all of Texas you couldn't do defensive driving if you're going over 20 mph of the posted limit. Maybe not.

I got clocked at 126 in a 60 and the guy wrote a ticket for me doing 80 so I could take defensive driving. He said my honesty and my A&M parking pass helped. lol He was an Ag grad.
It might be all of Texas but didn't want tell him that and Haltom be different

STRONGNUFF
10-24-2012, 11:22 AM
<---Good to be old and drive a slow car.

03MachMe
10-24-2012, 11:22 AM
From Haltom City's website,

see i knew some were 25mph over

Grandpa
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
see i knew some were 25mph over

LOL, I think you should know better than the rest of us.

DirtyD
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
You still have to pay, it just won't go on your record is all.
Yeah, I misunderstood how that process worked. This is my first ticket after all. LOL

03MachMe
10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
LOL, I think you should know better than the rest of us.

thats all up the courts, people ask me all the time how much the ticket is going to cost and I dont bother looking them up because once I look it up and tell people they will change it.

03MachMe
10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I misunderstood how that process worked. This is my first ticket after all. LOL

what you pay is not as much as the ticket and comes off your record is why it helps

Phuck Phace
10-24-2012, 11:32 AM

Ever?
Damn dude, I'm not even going to talk about how many I've had.

Grandpa
10-24-2012, 11:35 AM

I'm good for one ticket a year usually. I always do defensive driving too. I just take it online and Google the answers so I don't have to sit there for hours and actually pay attention to it. lol.

In my younger days, oh boy..I was on a first name basis with half of the city of Garland's police department because I got stopped so many times.

DirtyD
10-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Ever?
Haha. Not bad for 8 years of driving so far, huh? :chewie:
what you pay is not as much as the ticket and comes off your record is why it helps
Yeah, I knew that DD would get the ticket off your record, but I thought it was dismissed. Now I know.
I'm good for one ticket a year usually. I always do defensive driving too. I just take it online and Google the answers so I don't have to sit there for hours and actually pay attention to it. lol.

In my younger days, oh boy..I was on a first name basis with half of the city of Garland's police department because I got stopped so many times.
Hopefully this will be my last one for a couple of years...

Midnight11
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
yea you still pay the ticket fine then just on probation for 3 months. if u get another they both go on your record lol

Kronis
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
If you have to do DD. It's not nearly as boring.

Here. (www.comedydefensivedriving.com/texas/)

GunsUp
10-24-2012, 01:40 PM

Pig N a Blanket FTW!:leghump:

Luke
11-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Ever?

Same here, not to mention all the times I've been pulled over and let go with a warning. Thank you military ID!