PDA

View Full Version : Immediate help needed!!!!!

Eaglei532
10-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm at Pronto Muffler in Plano. Just picked up the cobra from HPP this morning, but it won't start. It cranks and smells like fuel but won't catch and start. Ideas? Helpers? Anything?

Courtesy Flush
10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm at Pronto Muffler in Plano. Just picked up the cobra from HPP this morning, but it won't start. It cranks and smells like fuel but won't catch and start. Ideas? Helpers? Anything?

Im not familiar with Cobras, but id say an alternator. Explains the smell and crank but no turn over.

Grandpa
10-19-2012, 05:43 PM

It's the fuel rail sensor most likely. It's an easy fix, just a lil pricey for a sensor.

Eaglei532
10-19-2012, 06:13 PM
It wreaks of gas when I try to start it, and the starter cranks like normal but nothing catches and starts, just cranks the starter.

I towed it home with AAA, If anyone who is a cobra guru can come help me I will repay in beer, steaks, cash, or whatever your heart desires. (no homo). I know we got a few guys on here who have had cobras for years and work on them. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Grandpa
10-19-2012, 06:15 PM
It wreaks of gas when I try to start it, and the starter cranks like normal but nothing catches and starts, just cranks the starter.

I towed it home with AAA, If anyone who is a cobra guru can come help me I will repay in beer, steaks, cash, or whatever your heart desires. (no homo). I know we got a few guys on here who have had cobras for years and work on them. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

See my post. lol. It's an easy fix, just plugs in and it's right on top. The fuel rail sensor you will have to get from a dealership.

Eaglei532
10-19-2012, 06:21 PM
but why would the fuel rail sensor make it not start?

background: it started once while i was trying, but it was rocking really bad and my fuel pressure gauge said 60!!!! it should be at 30ish. Are you still thinking fuel rail sensor after that? thanks

Grandpa
10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
but why would the fuel rail sensor make it not start?

background: it started once while i was trying, but it was rocking really bad and my fuel pressure gauge said 60!!!! it should be at 30ish. Are you still thinking fuel rail sensor after that? thanks

Yes. Quit trying to start it. It's flooded with fuel thats why you are smelling it. Take it off real quick, I'll bet you its dripping with fuel. It's a common thing with Cobras.

Eaglei532
10-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes. Quit trying to start it. It's flooded with fuel thats why you are smelling it. Take it off real quick, I'll bet you its dripping with fuel. It's a common thing with Cobras.

Alright well I took it off but it wasnt dripping, it did smell pretty strong though. Im gunna pull the plugs and see what that brings

Bearded Banger
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
FRP sensor (like Steve said), you probably need plugs now too, and change your oil afte flooding it.

Courtesy Flush
10-20-2012, 01:47 AM
What was the car at hpp for originally?

03MachMe
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
... Just picked up the cobra from HPP this morning, ...

Found the problem ...... But seriously Steve is Prolly right

Eaglei532
10-20-2012, 03:16 AM
FRP sensor (like Steve said), you probably need plugs now too, and change your oil afte flooding it.

Just wish I knew why it's doing it though

What was the car at hpp for originally?

Some upgrades, nothing major. They did do injectors, plugs, and tune. The other stuff is minimal. It was also killing the battery but no one could find the draw

Found the problem ...... But seriously Steve is Prolly right

Where would you take it? Seriously I'm running out of shops and no one can figure it out

03MachMe
10-20-2012, 04:30 AM

Some upgrades, nothing major. They did do injectors, plugs, and tune. The other stuff is minimal. It was also killing the battery but no one could find the draw

Where would you take it? Seriously I'm running out of shops and no one can figure it out

figure what out? what is wrong now or the battery draw or the tune? I have never been a fan of HPP, was a fan of Gearheads for a long time but their customer service seemed to go out the window as well. I have only been to TrueStreet for the dyno day but they def impressed me and will for sure be giving them a shot if I need anything done that I can not do myself. If you need help with anything just hit me up. I'm off work this whole next week and would love to help you out if I can, plus do you still the springs installed?

Bearded Banger
10-20-2012, 09:22 AM

The sensor fails because of the rate of pressure rise, or a square wave. When I say square wave, I mean that it’s basically seeing a huge pressure rise like it’s being hit with a hammer. (Explanation from Jerry Wroblewiski, Ford and SCT)
Kenne Bell makes a disc that prevents its from happening again for around $20

I'd be happy to help with the draw. Are the shops using a DVOM to diag the draw? I live in Richardson.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Grandpa
10-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Truestreet Motorsports is the only shop in town worth dealing with, period. If they cant fix it, it aint broke.

Eaglei532
10-20-2012, 01:39 PM
figure what out? what is wrong now or the battery draw or the tune? I have never been a fan of HPP, was a fan of Gearheads for a long time but their customer service seemed to go out the window as well. I have only been to TrueStreet for the dyno day but they def impressed me and will for sure be giving them a shot if I need anything done that I can not do myself. If you need help with anything just hit me up. I'm off work this whole next week and would love to help you out if I can, plus do you still the springs installed?

Yeah I might be sending the car to TS, I know I have a draw but I just cant find it. damn gremlins

The sensor fails because of the rate of pressure rise, or a square wave. When I say square wave, I mean that it’s basically seeing a huge pressure rise like it’s being hit with a hammer. (Explanation from Jerry Wroblewiski, Ford and SCT)
Kenne Bell makes a disc that prevents its from happening again for around $20

I'd be happy to help with the draw. Are the shops using a DVOM to diag the draw? I live in Richardson.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Im about to pull the plugs, if that doesnt show anything then i dont know whats going on. Maybe the sensor that everyone thinks, i'll check that too.

Truestreet Motorsports is the only shop in town worth dealing with, period. If they cant fix it, it aint broke.

My car will put them to a test, its been a real Beotch for the past 8 month, nothing has been working normally

Grandpa
10-20-2012, 02:29 PM
My car will put them to a test, its been a real Beotch for the past 8 month, nothing has been working normally

I dont want to get into shop bashing, but that is a common problem with hpp cars. They are so busy and stacked up with cars that its common for things to get over looked when they are in a hurry to push a car out. Clint will not allow that to happen and will not leave his shop until he is satisfied with it.

Eaglei532
10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I dont want to get into shop bashing, but that is a common problem with hpp cars. They are so busy and stacked up with cars that its common for things to get over looked when they are in a hurry to push a car out. Clint will not allow that to happen and will not leave his shop until he is satisfied with it.

Yeah I totally understand that, its not bashing. They are always incredibly busy when I call or go up there. I just went to TS a few minutes ago, met Tim and Clint for the first time, Phuck Phace was also up there with his car. I got new plugs and will be trying to get my car running with some of the advice that they gave me. Loved the setting and the style of service at TS. Great to finally put some names to faces

Eaglei532
10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
If any of you guys are still following this thread, I started a thread with pics in the True street section because they are the ones really helping me on this one. I threw up some pics of the plugs after I pulled em, more to come Im sure

Cabikejumper
10-21-2012, 03:14 PM
NEVER GO TO GEARHEADS. Dallasmustangs tuned mine.