PDA

View Full Version : *Attention vendors* A member is need of your help!

Grandpa
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
DirtyD blew out his front struts on his car after installing some BMR springs and now they are leaking oil all over the place. He has family coming into town and is need of some shocks/struts as quickly as possible for a reasonable price.

Could someone help him out please!

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you, Steve.

I've already got with Mike at Whiteside, and they only have coilovers in stock, which is too much for me to really put down right now...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phuck Phace
10-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I have some stock suspension somewheres.

Grandpa
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I have some stock suspension somewheres.

There we go! That would be awesome if you can help him out. His Pops is gonna break his balls about moddin his new car if he doesn't get this fixed before they get into town tomorrow night.

Phuck Phace
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah I found them, bad news is I don't have my car right now.

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Well somewhat of an update. I talked with the service advisor, and I mentioned to him that the springs have been on MAYBE 150 miles total as I installed them Saturday morning. He said the tech didn't see anything out of the ordinary with installation when he reviewed them earlier, so that proves that everything was installed correctly. He is going to mention the fact that they are basically still fresh, and get back with me...

keeping my fingers crossed I catch a break...

jayman33
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Let me know what happens. Ill send you my stock struts if need be. I can help you out on some aftermarket ones too, just call me if you need help.

Eaglei532
10-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't know if this helps, but I have some KYB shocks/struts that were gunna go on my '97 cobra, you are welcome to use them if you need them/ if they would work.

Grandpa
10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Well somewhat of an update. I talked with the service advisor, and I mentioned to him that the springs have been on MAYBE 150 miles total as I installed them Saturday morning. He said the tech didn't see anything out of the ordinary with installation when he reviewed them earlier, so that proves that everything was installed correctly. He is going to mention the fact that they are basically still fresh, and get back with me...

keeping my fingers crossed I catch a break...

*fingers crossed*

Let me know what happens. Ill send you my stock struts if need be. I can help you out on some aftermarket ones too, just call me if you need help.

Very cool!

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM

I really appreciate this, Jay.

I'm waiting to hear back on what comes out of the recent explanation about how young these springs are, and from there I may decide to just go aftermarket.

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 02:44 PM
I think we might have finally figured out what happened.

During the install, as we were tightening the top nut on the strut shaft, I remember the strut turning on my while I held it. I thought this was the entire strut that turned, but it may have very well ben the shaft itself, of which is threaded into the body, and more than likely damaged the seal causing them to blow.

IDK why, but for some reason I feel better now? :shrug:

Anyways, I told the advisor to go ahead and replace them with factory. This will give me some time to save up for a decent set of aftermarket struts, probably Koni Yellows or Tokico D-Specs, but I can afford them later on.

Grandpa
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm glad it worked out for ya D. :)

Midnight11
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Told you you could have had my stock ones

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
I know, and I really appreciate you, and David, willing to give me the stock struts y'all have, but I think having a brand new strut under there installed by the dealer gives a little more peace of mind to the situation.

dallasmike
10-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I have a stock set from a 2010 and a stock set off the 13 as well. I guess I didn't communicate that very well over the phone. My bad.

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I have a stock set from a 2010 and a stock set off the 13 as well. I guess I didn't communicate that very well over the phone. My bad.
It's all good, Mike. I really appreciate the help. It was nice to talk to you as well, given the circumstances. LOL.

46Tbird
10-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I have all the shocks and struts from my Brembo GT. They're a LOT stiffer than the standard GT parts. I had to get my Tokicos set to 7/10 turns to get the ride to match. My uncle has Koni STR.Ts and I think these are comparable.

DirtyD
10-18-2012, 10:50 PM
For the struts replaced, new strut mounts, and an alignment, and all is well! Not really what I had in mind for a spring install, but it's done and over with, and fixed. Just need these to get me another 15-20k miles and then a/m struts and GT500 mounts go on.