PDA

View Full Version : Need a CC handgun for my mother; suggestions?

89gt-stanger
10-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Basically, I plan on picking up a handgun to keep at the house in Texas that will also serve as a weapon for my mother (51) to carry as needed and as a weapon that I can shoot while in town. I do believe that a 9mm will not be sufficient. Ive been looking at the Ruger SR40c. I own a ruger lr and have put over 1000 rounds through a GP100, so I am confident in the quality of the weapon.

Moreover, what weapon do you guys/gals carry, and why?

Thanks

Eaglei532
10-15-2012, 01:24 AM
The M&P series from Smith and Wesson or if you want to spend some cash the Sig Sauer P229 series. Goodluck!

03MachMe
10-15-2012, 01:49 AM
IMO your looking at at least two different guns. For home defense a shotgun is best if you ask me. A good CC weapon for any woman that is going to carry it in her purse a hammerless revolver, s&w or ruger are great, plus very very reliable and very easy to operate.

With that being said if your set on one gun and don't want a 9mm bit still something smaller and easy to carry, I am a big fan of Springfield and they have many different calibers and sizes. I carry the xdm on and off duty and have a xd .45 at the house incase the wife needs it. I have never had a problem with any of my Springfields and all 3 have had thousands of rounds through them

11bangbang
10-15-2012, 02:11 AM
This is a tricky one, for the size factor I would say a hammerless .38 but those jump like crazy with +p loads in them. For something she can handle I would say a 9mm, they are very manageable but just a little more bulky, but if she is going to carry in her purse, I would say a 9mm auto (glock, S&W, springfield)