PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 153

TrueStreetTim
10-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Bring it Steve! That's your invite. Now discuss!

Bonnar needs to go out swinging and bloody or not show up at all. I like the hell outta Bonnar and just want him to keep his legacy intact. Silva shouldn't have a problem. But I look forward to these kinds of matches for the "what if's". I'm hoping for 3 rounds. Word is; Griffin asked Bonnar to seek revenge and is placing all bets on him to win and will split the winnings. Not a solid bet considering Bonnar hasn't beat a top 10 in his career I don't think. Makes it interesting if true. Not to mention Bonnar's wife is expecting any day! Hell of a thing to be in Rio and get that call! Oddly enough.....so did Griffin...in Rio? Wild.

Looking forward to Silva/Fitch to see what else this kids got too.

jarheadtex
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I like Bonner he is a warrior, but I don't see Silva having any problems with him. I am hoping for the upset..but damn, I don't know if anyone is going to beat this guy. I would like to see him and GSP in the same class.

Grandpa
10-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Bring it Steve! That's your invite. Now discuss!

Bonnar needs to go out swinging and bloody or not show up at all. I like the hell outta Bonnar and just want him to keep his legacy intact. Silva shouldn't have a problem. But I look forward to these kinds of matches for the "what if's". I'm hoping for 3 rounds. Word is; Griffin asked Bonnar to seek revenge and is placing all bets on him to win and will split the winnings. Not a solid bet considering Bonnar hasn't beat a top 10 in his career I don't think. Makes it interesting if true. Not to mention Bonnar's wife is expecting any day! Hell of a thing to be in Rio and get that call! Oddly enough.....so did Griffin...in Rio? Wild.

Looking forward to Silva/Fitch to see what else this kids got too.

Awesome! I love these Gtgs. :)

Bonnar can take a beating, the problem is Silva is very capable of dealing out a serious one. Silva's weakness is his wrestling, it's horrible. Bonnar is MUCH bigger than Silva and should utilize his superior wrestling to keep Silva on his back.

Both men are BJJ black belts, but Bonnar has the superior skill and pedigree/lineage. Bonnar has never been KO'd or submitted in the UFC either.

I'm probably the only person picking this fight going to decision with Silva taking the win. I think Bonnar will give him a better fight than most people think.

I like Bonner he is a warrior, but I don't see Silva having any problems with him. I am hoping for the upset..but damn, I don't know if anyone is going to beat this guy. I would like to see him and GSP in the same class.

Silva isn't unbeatable. It's just going to take someone with strong wrestling and ground control to get the GNP TKO win.Sonnen almost had the job done, but he got careless when he got tired. And ANYONE can be KO'd on any given night, Serra vs GSP proved that and that was the biggest fluke win EVER. lol.

jarheadtex
10-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Agreed, on Bonner giving a good fight and it going the distance. I have just seen this play out several times before with Silva dancing around the ring and getting the decision. I hope i am surprised like i was the first Sonnen fight. I will definitely watch the fight. I never miss an opportunity to see Silva go down. I have hated him every since he made Rich Franklin look silly. I'll give it to him though he is an outstanding mixed martial artist.

TrueStreetTim
10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Both men are BJJ black belts, but Bonnar has the superior skill and pedigree/lineage. Bonnar has never been KO'd or submitted in the UFC either.

I'm probably the only person picking this fight going to decision with Silva taking the win. I think Bonnar will give him a better fight than most people think.

I am hoping for a decision as well. Just better hope it doesn't narrowly swing in Bonnar's favor or Rio will have a riot on their hands lol. But I'm predicting a 3rd round TKO.

As you mentioned, Silva can lose on the ground and always struggles more so. If Bonnar can watch his stand-up, land relatively consistent takedowns (tough to do), or at least spend a decent amount of time in control if it goes to the ground, he may pull off a decision win.

Grandpa
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
It going to be a miracle if Bonnar doesnt' end up like Muhammed Ali from all the blows to the head he has taken.

TrueStreetTim
10-10-2012, 05:21 PM
It going to be a miracle if Bonnar doesnt' end up like Muhammed Ali from all the blows to the head he has taken.

It's nothing but scar tissue. It's like hitting a pillow. He'll be fine!

Grandpa
10-10-2012, 05:30 PM
It's nothing but scar tissue. It's like hitting a pillow. He'll be fine!

Not if he continues to block with his face like he normally does.

TrueStreetTim
10-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Fight.....Night!

Grandpa
10-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeaaah buddy.

BLK2012GT
10-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeaaah buddy.

Yeah Steve likes to watch sweaty guys in tight pants wrestling each other.:win:

TrueStreetTim
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM

What do you mean...."watch"? :gay:

Grandpa
10-13-2012, 11:49 AM

Damn straight. How YOU doin? ;)

TrueStreetTim
10-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Weigh-Ins:

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-153-weigh-ins

Grandpa
10-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Weigh-Ins:

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-153-weigh-ins

Damn, Bonnar looks ripped and ready to go!

TrueStreetTim
10-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Silva looks a lil pudgy for weigh-ins. Hasn't been long since his last fight. Wonder how serious he's taking it.

Grandpa
10-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Silva looks a lil pudgy for weigh-ins. Hasn't been long since his last fight. Wonder how serious he's taking it.

It's hard to say. He's been talking an aweful lot about wanting to fight GSP and adamantly refusing any idea of fighting Jon Jones. Dana White is saying he is going to make one of those fights happen. I suspect it will be Jones because GSP is the UFC ATM machine and they don't want him dominated by Silva.

TrueStreetTim
10-13-2012, 05:55 PM
It's hard to say. He's been talking an aweful lot about wanting to fight GSP and adamantly refusing any idea of fighting Jon Jones. Dana White is saying he is going to make one of those fights happen. I suspect it will be Jones because GSP is the UFC ATM machine and they don't want him dominated by Silva.

I'd be ok with either fight. But I hate the idea of "well, no one can beat you soooooo.....we're gonna throw Silva at you" idea. If any of these guys stay undefeated forevermore, then so be it.

PLASMAN
10-13-2012, 08:30 PM
You guys ever watch the Bellator MMA fights?

One of my good friends Rick Hawn a USA judo silver medalist has been dominating there for some time hoping to break into the bigs.

TrueStreetTim
10-13-2012, 10:50 PM
You guys ever watch the Bellator MMA fights?

One of my good friends Rick Hawn a USA judo silver medalist has been dominating there for some time hoping to break into the bigs.

Only a handful as I don't get the stations. So I catch some on YouTube when I'm in the mood.

jarheadtex
10-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Fuck Silva!!

That dude is a badass...

TrueStreetTim
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Lol pretty lame. Good fights beforehand though.

Grandpa
10-14-2012, 11:57 PM
There was nothing lame about it in my opinion. Silva is just on another level. Enjoy his fights while you can because fighters like him are very rare.

Bearded Banger
10-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Fitch!...fight of the night!